Thats rubbish we had to overpay to a VFL player from another club.

If they had done the investigation on the player from his time at Box Hill and NM, they might have detected that he was ranked ordinary and selfish. I am not sure how he was to set "an example" for younger players. His 1st round squib dealt with that.

He is 27 this year so Roos will be a genius extracting further "development" from a very limited footballer.

I dont know why you think we can jettison him in 2015 given we have mysteriously given at best a depth player a 3 year deal.

Another example of impecunious interpretation from you rhino. If you backtrack a little you will see I said, and I quote "older players to set an example, and kids. Pedo falls in between". Your abject failure to elucidate why roos cannot "extract further development" from a 27 year old footballer is simply mystifying given the recent influx of mature age footballers reaching new heights later in their careers, examples being podsiadly, callinan and Stephenson. Or are you of the belief that 27 is the new 30, and once past that age you should be thrown on the proverbial scrap heap? I guess we should encourage Ablett, bartel and Mitchell should all sit this season out?

You didn't consider "overs" being paid for Dawes? Or the Pederson-gysberts trade to be in North's favour? "Rubbish" being the fact we needed to entice players with bigger contracts? I'd love to see the comparative contract for Dawes and Pederson between 2012 to 2013.

Another poor post with shallow thinking rhino, you be sure to fine tune your interpretation next time before "rubbishing" someone's post.

Another example of impecunious interpretation from you rhino. If you backtrack a little you will see I said, and I quote "older players to set an example, and kids. Pedo falls in between". Your abject failure to elucidate why roos cannot "extract further development" from a 27 year old footballer is simply mystifying given the recent influx of mature age footballers reaching new heights later in their careers, examples being podsiadly, callinan and Stephenson. Or are you of the belief that 27 is the new 30, and once past that age you should be thrown on the proverbial scrap heap? I guess we should encourage Ablett, bartel and Mitchell should all sit this season out?

You didn't consider "overs" being paid for Dawes? Or the Pederson-gysberts trade to be in North's favour? "Rubbish" being the fact we needed to entice players with bigger contracts? I'd love to see the comparative contract for Dawes and Pederson between 2012 to 2013.

Another poor post with shallow thinking rhino, you be sure to fine tune your interpretation next time before "rubbishing" someone's post.

'Impecunious' means you have no money. Not sure that's quite what you mean.

I don't consider Pedersen in the same context as a marquee signing of Dawes. He's a VFL player without one strong redeeming skill at AFl level. Podsiadly even at VFL was a great grab. Pedersen has a track record at Box Hill and NM that would have suggested he was bog ordinary. It's totally beguiling why we offered a flawed VFL player 3 years. After closely seeing him play at MFC and Casey we must have been suckered by his age, height, weight combo. I am not sure why you needed to bring Ablett, Mitchell and Bartels into the discussion. All are proven AFL champs. Pedersen clearly isn't.

The Pedersen/Gysberts was a low grade punt by both NM and MFC. Gysberts got one year at NM. He failed there and is gone. My information at NM thought Gysberts was a poor pick by MFC but their regard for Pedersen was so low they think they won out of the deal just to be rid of him. And then MFC gave him 3 years......go figure. I note you didn't address how he could play Murray league in 2015 if he is still contracted to MFC that year.

And using big words out of a Roget's Thesaurus does little to hide your poor grasp of matters and your pretentious. But well done on the spelling

I don't consider Pedersen in the same context as a marquee signing of Dawes. He's a VFL player without one strong redeeming skill at AFl level. Podsiadly even at VFL was a great grab. Pedersen has a track record at Box Hill and NM that would have suggested he was bog ordinary. It's totally beguiling why we offered a flawed VFL player 3 years. After closely seeing him play at MFC and Casey we must have been suckered by his age, height, weight combo. I am not sure why you needed to bring Ablett, Mitchell and Bartels into the discussion. All are proven AFL champs. Pedersen clearly isn't.

The Pedersen/Gysberts was a low grade punt by both NM and MFC. Gysberts got one year at NM. He failed there and is gone. My information at NM thought Gysberts was a poor pick by MFC but their regard for Pedersen was so low they think they won out of the deal just to be rid of him. And then MFC gave him 3 years......go figure. I note you didn't address how he could play Murray league in 2015 if he is still contracted to MFC that year.

And using big words out of a Roget's Thesaurus does little to hide your poor grasp of matters and your pretentious. But well done on the spelling

Pretentiousness? Really? You can't keep from getting personal again? All because what, I originally said we had to pay overs to attract anyone? You're a blight on demonland due to the inability to construct a good spirited debate. I won't be engaging anymore with an old man attempting to rectify his bullied childhood by compensating on a club forum. Good day.

The Pedersen/Gysberts was a low grade punt by both NM and MFC. Gysberts got one year at NM. He failed there and is gone. My information at NM thought Gysberts was a poor pick by MFC but their regard for Pedersen was so low they think they won out of the deal just to be rid of him.

That argument depends on what Pedersen's contract status at NM was. Anyone know?

Pretentiousness? Really? You can't keep from getting personal again? All because what, I originally said we had to pay overs to attract anyone? You're a blight on demonland due to the inability to construct a good spirited debate. I won't be engaging anymore with an old man attempting to rectify his bullied childhood by compensating on a club forum. Good day.

hahaha marvellous....15-Love :)

Happy New Year to all.

How would it go if we were to lay off Pedo - a new year, a new season, a new coach, a new game plan, a new optimism.

Frankly nobody can know how any player will perform and fit in to Roos' plans.

I for one am prepared to be optomistic - but if Pedo doesn't fit in and doesn't succeed he will be moved on. I can't see the reasons for the incessant vilification.

• Like 1

'Impecunious' means you have no money. Not sure that's quite what you mean.

"Poor" choice of words.

Happy New Year to all.

How would it go if we were to lay off Pedo - a new year, a new season, a new coach, a new game plan, a new optimism.

I for one am prepared to be optomistic - but if Pedo doesn't fit in and doesn't succeed he will be moved on. I can't see the reasons for the incessant vilification.

It's a shame we've had such a huge turnover of players in the last 2 years. There may be a beast inside them all that Roos could've unleashed

Happy New Year to all.

I also are for laying off Pedo. It must be soul-destroying for some players to come onto this site and read how everybody puts the boot into certain of their teamates. We have got him for another two years (unless we trade at the end of the season) so why not just accept that he is a depth player and let Roos utilise and/or develop him as he sees fit? We have got plenty of exciting new talent starting with us this year (Tyson, Hogan, JKH, Cross, etc) plus players who should improve on last year with a full pre-season under Roos (Clark, Trengove, Toumpas, Viney, Kent, Fitzy etc) and our core players (N. Jones, Frawley, Watts, Garland, McDonald, Howe, Dawes, Grimes, etc) so why not talk positive about their potential, after all they will make up the core of our starting 22?

I also are for laying off Pedo. It must be soul-destroying for some players to come onto this site and read how everybody puts the boot into certain of their teamates.

If I was the coach, and I found out they'd been reading here I'd delist them because it would show that they didn't have the brains to boil a kettle let alone play AFL in the high pressure cooker that it is.

This is a fan site. Fans are irrational. It would be like giving away a stupid free and then running to the fence to ask 10,000 people their opinion of it. Any player with some sort of brain would put a perma block on this place.

Not when you carry on like a right [censored].

I'm aware that some will perceive that as irony.

the hur myth likes the Irony Lady.

She wears bed sheets to work up in the

pilbara and gave Andrew Bolt a Tv show.

She's the only woman I've seen worth 26 billion that I couldn't fall in love with, given time.

the irony is food is her only friend. And Clive,who is at the coal face of Aussie politics.

If I was the coach, and I found out they'd been reading here I'd delist them because it would show that they didn't have the brains to boil a kettle let alone play AFL in the high pressure cooker that it is.

This is a fan site. Fans are irrational. It would be like giving away a stupid free and then running to the fence to ask 10,000 people their opinion of it. Any player with some sort of brain would put a perma block on this place.

True. And you'd want a player to avoid talking to anyone who does read these sites. "Did you see what they said about you on x, they said ......" would be very painful.

Perhaps people who are really close to footy and to players don't bother with these sites where most of us are quite distant from things.

the hur myth likes the Irony Lady.

She wears bed sheets to work up in the

pilbara and gave Andrew Bolt a Tv show.

She's the only woman I've seen worth 26 billion that I couldn't fall in love with, given time.

the irony is food is her only friend. And Clive,who is at the coal face of Aussie politics.

All done by taking a deep breath and wearing beer goggles.