• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

New Major Sponsor: Automotive Holdings Group (AHG)

Demon3

So to recap we have the following sponsors :

Hertz

NT

AHG

New Age Caravans &

New Balance

Not bad for a club who has been lets say struggling for the last 7 years.

Well done to PJ and co.

Now lets see some results on the field.

GO DEMONS

• Like 1

I'm willing to bet that GWS quietly gets a suitcase load more than we do to finance their extravagances and that if they haven't done so already Brisbane and St. Kilda will also put their hands out for more given their dire financial situations. Not to mention assistance regularly paid out to the Doggies and the Roos (the team not the coach).

I look forward to some transparency from the AFL on this issue. It would make a nice change.

Don't the Doggies and North get more to balance out their awful stadium deal at Etihad?

If they do, that's fair enough, IMO.

• Like 1

All this talk about. A little about. A 1.45mil hand out why are we getting so much heat from the media, is al a conspiracy, yet I hear nothing about the 9 million that port are getting over. Three years, màkes our grant of 1.45. Million look small, has koch told his frie nds in the media not to talk about it?

Hertz

NT

AHG

New Age Caravans &

New Balance

Well done to PJ and co.

GO DEMONS

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/the-club/sponsors/sponsor-matrix

We have a lot of sponsors that offer us some pretty good discounts too

All this talk about. A little about. A 1.45mil hand out why are we getting so much heat from the media, is al a conspiracy, yet I hear nothing about the 9 million that port are getting over. Three years, màkes our grant of 1.45. Million look small, has koch told his frie nds in the media not to talk about it?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're typing from a phone :)

I think the AFL having transparency about money handed out to clubs is a good idea - they should also become completely transparent about the benefit/cost to each club in regards to their FIXtures and stadium deals to provide a truer picture. All up I'd say the "compensation" handed out is nowhere near enough.

• Like 1

Hertz

NT

AHG

New Age Caravans &

New Balance

Well done to PJ and co.

GO DEMONS

You forgot the AFL

Hertz

NT

AHG

New Age Caravans &

New Balance

Well done to PJ and co.

GO DEMONS

To be fair Ox, 3 of the 5 you have listed above were on board before PJ took over. Credit (and criticism!) where it's due for all parties.

i was going to ask you if you can ride them....then i thought better not

We are not from NZ,

Mind you they do prefer sheep.

To be fair Ox, 3 of the 5 you have listed above were on board before PJ took over. Credit (and criticism!) where it's due for all parties.

I take your point (and new that when I posted) billy but I don't know if they would have stuck around if the old management was in place.

Things are a lot more professional with the new guys in place which is a breath of fresh air tbh.

I take your point (and new that when I posted) billy but I don't know if they would have stuck around if the old management was in place.

Things are a lot more professional with the new guys in place which is a breath of fresh air tbh.

Let's not forget that our two major sponsors from 2013 haven't "stuck around" under the new management. Sure, Opel weren't finanically in a situation to go again, but I've not heard why Webjet opted out (can't imagine it's financial issues). It's also interesting that Webjet are in fact a publicly listed company - something PJ was very quick to promote about AHG.

I don't disagree about the breath of fresh air, and I'm as excited as anyone about the new regime, but I am also not getting caught up in all the bells and whistles.

Let's not forget that our two major sponsors from 2013 haven't "stuck around" under the new management. Sure, Opel weren't finanically in a situation to go again, but I've not heard why Webjet opted out (can't imagine it's financial issues). It's also interesting that Webjet are in fact a publicly listed company - something PJ was very quick to promote about AHG.

I don't disagree about the breath of fresh air, and I'm as excited as anyone about the new regime, but I am also not getting caught up in all the bells and whistles.

Jackson mentioned the ASX200 - a group which Webjet is certainly not a member of.

That's one whistle or bell that impressed me...

Billy my information is that "webjet" is not setting the world on fire.

Only here say but as I am told they could not afford the cost.

Jackson mentioned the ASX200 - a group which Webjet is certainly not a member of.

That's one whistle or bell that impressed me...

I was under the impression that Webjet were part of the 200 - my apologies. That said, I've invested in many companies, some that are part of the 200, some that aren't, some that were then they got downgraded. Some companies not in the 200 have outperformed those in it. Bottom line is that while it's a good list to be on, it can change rapidly (especially in today's market). As long as due diligence is done, I'm happy to accept any money that is offered to us. Being part of the ASX200 gives us a level of security/inurance, as opposed to the kn0b that was Ben Polis.

I wouldn't be recommending a buy for Webjet at the moment, but I'm far from crying "sell"! For me, WEB is an absolute hold. Tough market they are competing in and holding their own.

Press conferences were never an issue.

True

If talking won matches we would be champions by now!

Press conferences were never an issue.

Presntation is always important.

Creates more interest.

Having an ASX 200 Sponsor puts us in a whole different network.

Now it is up to the players hold up their end of the bargain.

Bartlett & PJ have been busy.

Presntation is always important.

Creates more interest.

Having an ASX 200 Sponsor puts us in a whole different network.

Now it is up to the players hold up their end of the bargain.

Bartlett & PJ have been busy.

As a matter of interest, which other clubs have an ASX 200 company as a sponsor. I think Fremantle has (or had in 2013) Woodside. Does Sydney still have QBE?

• Like 1

Have we paid the $500,000 (non) tanking fine? Or is that separately accounted for? It's possible the $1.45m is actually only $950,000 in real terms if we still had to pay the fine out of those proceeds.

We were never ever going to pay the fine.

It was all for show cause the afl had to be seen to be doing something after the witch hunt sorry I mean investigation!

agree with that

have a family member who does subcontract work with them

they are a web based company in a very competitive and changing space

As a matter of interest, which other clubs have an ASX 200 company as a sponsor. I think Fremantle has (or had in 2013) Woodside. Does Sydney still have QBE?

BHP Billiton are a minor sponsor the Eagles. Match ball in 2012 and maybe coaches box this season... Can't quite remember.

not sure of other clubs status but for the MFC having an ASX 200 company on our letter head should help create more business Edited by why you little