Dunn, Blease etc ( who is under the pump)

Deano74

Looking at the posts of the possible line up for next year, I didnt see Dunn or Blease really being considered. Will they make it or are there days numbered ?

what other players are under the pump ?

Looking at the posts of the possible line up for next year, I didnt see Dunn or Blease really being considered. Will they make it or are there days numbered ?

I would have thought Jetta and Bail.

Dunn, Blease, Tappy and Strauss are all under the pump. Although, they may not be in our best 22 at the moment, a new coach (especially Roos) can work wonders. I wouldn't be suprised if a couple of these guys have good seasons next year.

Dunn, Blease, Tappy and Strauss are all under the pump. Although, they may not be in our best 22 at the moment, a new coach (especially Roos) can work wonders. I wouldn't be suprised if a couple of these guys have good seasons next year.

I think looking at what Roos can do to the players you mentioned will be the most facinating thing to see next year.

We expect, Jones, Viney, Hogan etc to flourish. But Can he make a real player of someone like Tappy and make him 20+ touches player whom playes every game.

With the addition of three mids,Vince.Minchie and Tyson someone is going to miss out.......Bail and Blease may be casualties.What about Magner,McKenzie, Byrnes and M.Jones?Trengrove could play forward next year.What about defence, Dunn,Strauss,Nicholson may all be casualties.Tapscott could be safe,only because of his long distance kicking.Pedersen probably will get another year,lightly "raced"Most likely play defence.Grimes should should play defence next year.For team balance(an ugly name) Frawley,Terlch and Clisbert perhaps one will have to go. Now for the rucks Jamar,gone.Gawn to be main ruck,Spencer back up and Fitzy could play wing due to his speed,not a silly idea as SCHWARZ 196cm played wing in his latter years for the Dees.The forward line may end up being too top heavy Howe,Dawes,Hogan and Clark.Hogan could play defence,doubt if Clark will ever be right and Dawes hammy probably might be ongoing,however these four look like an awesome combination.Watts playing as a Ruck Rover should be an added bonus to the midfield,hopefully he could play an Adam Goodes role.

The above are only my thoughts and will certainly differ for anyone else.

GO THE DEES 2014.

Anyone who can't hit a target should be under the pump. That makes about 17 of our players.

your right again big fella,but reserve power is needed in todays game

and having gravediggers is important,besides that the new coach prides himself on eliminating the minor errors in players games.

its a wait and see.but im confident

Out of contract are:

TAGGERT, Rory
TAPSCOTT, Luke
GRIMES, Jack
NICHOLSON, Daniel
DUNN, Lynden
MAGNER, James
JETTA, Neville

The further delistings will come from this group. Any contracted players salary has to be included in salary cap if delisted.

One would think there are some relatively easy decisions among that group, or they could be traded for draft selections which won't be used.....

Edited by george_on_the_outer
  • Like 1

If we delist Dunn I would expect a top 8 side would pick him up for depth. He consistently beats his man and is versatile.

Stop it

Cannot believe that MFC would keep Bail or Nicholson over Dunn. Yes I know Bail is contracted!

Dunn is very versatile and Can Kick and does beat his man I would offer him 2 years under Roo's and see how he goes

Much Maligned player for no good reason Plenty worse on the current list

• Like 4

Dunny can be a bit of a DH at times, other times he can play reasonably well.

He can act a lot like Heath Shaw.

Roosie needs to get the DH out of him.

• Like 1

I can't see Blease being delisted or traded because we need outside pace to compliment Roos' stoppage based game plan.

Dunn can be annoying and I don't see him in our best 22, but it would be a mistake to let him go. He is good back-up for injury.

I was a huge Rohan Bail fan but with repeated head injuries and horrible kicking efficiency I would be letting him go.

I see Strauss in our starting 22 but he possibly has the best trade value of allthose players on the fringes of the team so if any are traded it could be him.

Tappy is also a good trade option.

Can somebody explain why we have to delist, at present we have 32 players on the list, plus the 3 we have brought in makes 35, possibly 3 in the draft totalling 38 players, plus 3 rookies at the moment makes 41, we aiming on this board not to have a full list then?

Also as far as trading goes, you want a player who couldn't crack a regular game in what was acknowledged as the worst team in the comp, yeah right that sounds a good deal

Edited by Satyriconhome

Out of contract are:

TAGGERT, Rory

TAPSCOTT, Luke

GRIMES, Jack

NICHOLSON, Daniel

DUNN, Lynden

MAGNER, James

JETTA, Neville

The further delistings will come from this group. Any contracted players salary has to be included in salary cap if delisted.

One would think there are some relatively easy decisions among that group, or they could be traded for draft selections which won't be used.....

take your pick...as many as it takes..

Can somebody explain why we have to delist, at present we have 32 players on the list, plus the 3 we have brought in makes 35, possibly 3 in the draft totalling 38 players, plus 3 rookies at the moment makes 41, we aiming on this board not to have a full list then?

Also as far as trading goes, you want a player who couldn't crack a regular game in what was acknowledged as the worst team in the comp, yeah right that sounds a good deal

Looked at another way , we have 8 off our main list so far -Sylvia, the 3 retirees ( Davey,Roden, Joel Mac) and 4 delistings ( Davis,Gillies, Sellar,Tynan).

There are 4 definite ons ( Hogan, Michie,Tyson,Vince) plus almost certainly Clisby as a promoted rookie. If Roos wants to keep Magner, he'll be the 6th "on".

Even if we only want 4 "live openings" ( including Cross?), we've got a couple of "outs" to go

Looked at another way , we have 8 off our main list so far -Sylvia, the 3 retirees ( Davey,Roden, Joel Mac) and 4 delistings ( Davis,Gillies, Sellar,Tynan).

There are 4 definite ons ( Hogan, Michie,Tyson,Vince) plus almost certainly Clisby as a promoted rookie. If Roos wants to keep Magner, he'll be the 6th "on".

Even if we only want 4 "live openings" ( including Cross?), we've got a couple of "outs" to go

Clisby can stay on the rookie list for another year. I believe that we are able to nominate a rookie before the start of the season that can play; last year it was Magner, this year it will be Clisby. I am happy to promote Magner if the club sees fit. If the rumours about Cross are accurate then we have eight off and five on. This leaves us with three live picks, which is the requirement. One of Magner, Nicholson or Dunn will have to be jettisoned.

Clisby can stay on the rookie list for another year. I believe that we are able to nominate a rookie before the start of the season that can play; last year it was Magner, this year it will be Clisby. I am happy to promote Magner if the club sees fit. If the rumours about Cross are accurate then we have eight off and five on. This leaves us with three live picks, which is the requirement. One of Magner, Nicholson or Dunn will have to be jettisoned.

You are only looking for an opening so 'the hated' can be jettisoned, personally I hope the rumours about Cross are not true, he wasn't getting a game with the Bulldogs for a reason, we tried this last year and it failed, if we want to go down that track I would prefer Chapman or Didak..........Hogan makes my last on the list, so used to watching him at Casey forgot him...quel horreur!!!!!....42 on the list

Edited by Satyriconhome

Dunn came seventh in our BnF this year you bunch of peanuts. Take off your blinkers. He can play.

Says far more about the list then i'm afraid than any real achievement of Dunn.

A lot of those handing out the bluey points are no longer with us either. says something that.