Jamar up for trade

I'm really interested to see what as trade bait this opens up.

GWS certainly need a big body. Lions if the lose Longer. Pies, Hawks.

Offering Pick 20 with Jamar could open up a lot of different scenarios.

Shane Savage,

Dylan Shiel

But it wouldn't surprise if they have someone else in the back of their mind.

Trade time for the Dees is only just starting to move.Most of the other clubs have shown their hand.

We will pounce next week.

I'm really interested to see what as trade bait this opens up.

GWS certainly need a big body. Lions if the lose Longer. Pies, Hawks.

Offering Pick 20 with Jamar could open up a lot of different scenarios.

Shane Savage,

Dylan Shiel

But it wouldn't surprise if they have someone else in the back of their mind.

Trade time for the Dees is only just starting to move.Most of the other clubs have shown their hand.

We will pounce next week.

Some ( myself included ) half jokingly thought of Russian as a participant in a deal with the Munchkins for Shiel. I think Jamar in his own right wont be traded but will be part of a package of sorts to get some other deal over a line. He might prove some sort of tipping point ( ironically)

I'm glad we got to see the best of Jamar. Had a big struggle for a long time with PJ for the second ruck spot behind Jeff White. He kicked on when he needed to and made the ruck spot his, which a lot of players don't. Just wish he could have maintained his best. Injuries can be cruel though.

Great servant of the MFC. Thanks Mark.

• Like 9

Jamar is being traded moreso to get his money and contract of our books, as opposed to gaining us a great pick.

Don't be expecting a Pick 20 back he'll be lucky to net us a third rounder

Potentially we a trading out a clapped out old ruckman to trade in a much better clapped out old ruckman and teacher.

I will find the whole Jamar/Jolly very amusing, especially if we end up in front.

Edited by dandeeman
  • Like 1

This is a good move by the Dees, but unlike many posting here, I was a fan of the Russian and thought his tap work was sublime at times. His last two years were a mess due to horrible coaching and constant injury. All the best at your new club - hope you get a few more years.

He is likely to be a sweetener in a package trade deal because he has so little currency left. However, at t club with a well organised, professional and capable midfield I reckon he still has a bit to offer.

• Like 1

Lets be honest this came from Greg Denham, so I wouldn't bet the farm on this.

The clubs that might be interested in adding an experienced ruckman would be (in no particular order) - Bris, GWS, Syd, WB, Carl, and maybe GC. All others have at least one good ruck and some backup.

Maybe we could work in Jamar with pick 2? He's our steak knives to get a good player, reasonable pick and steak knives?

Jamar won't go to GWS to sit behind Mumford - they wouldn't pay much for that either. If he's going to be ruck insurance he'll want it to be at a club contending for the flag and who knows what might happen. Hawthorn and Sydney are both possibilities I reckon.

• Like 1

You were always one of my favourites regardless of how you played.

Thanks Russian, its a shame to let you go.

Edited by Demon Jack
  • Like 1

Lets be honest this came from Greg Denham, so I wouldn't bet the farm on this.

The clubs that might be interested in adding an experienced ruckman would be (in no particular order) - Bris, GWS, Syd, WB, Carl, and maybe GC. All others have at least one good ruck and some backup.

Maybe we could work in Jamar with pick 2? He's our steak knives to get a good player, reasonable pick and steak knives?

Denham's been on the money recently....I for one don't see this at all far fetched.

Brisbane - Leuenberger (may grab jamar as insurance)

GWS - Mumford, Giles (don't need Jamar unless Giles leaves)

Syd - Pyke (may grab jamar as insurance)

WB - AA Minson (may grab jamar as insurance)

Carlton - Kreuser, Warnok (don't need Jamar)

GC - Have plenty of ruckmen

Honestly I'm stunned that any club would contemplate taking over Mark's two year contract.

The game has passed him by. He is too short at 198cm and can't jump. He has never offered much around the ground aside from one match against Carlton where he kicked 5 (and I think that was around the time they were not trying as hard as they could have). He is still a reasonable tap ruck but not part of our future

He will be 32 by the end of 2015 and won't get any quicker over the journey. I, like many here, had him playing third fiddle/ruck mentor to Gawn and Spencer next year.

If Roos can get someone/anyone to take on Jamar's contract then he is the messiah. Perhaps he can package him with Pederson too.

• Like 1

Can rule out the Hawks, Big Boy McEvoy is headed there..

I can't understand the Saints, they have cooked it..

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2013-10-10/saints-get-firstround-pick-and-savage-for-mcevoy

He is coming into his prime, will be close to best in the comp next year now he is at the Hawks..

Saints, odds for the spoon??

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2013-10-10/saints-get-firstround-pick-and-savage-for-mcevoy

He is coming into his prime, will be close to best in the comp next year now he is at the Hawks..

Someone down there must have money on it with the decisions they have been making.

• Like 2

Get Jamar to GWS. Package it up. GWS surely can't value picks as highly as other clubs as they are chock full of your talent already, hence our best chance of a good deal lies their IMO.

Put it together with picks to get Shiel and other picks or another young player wanting out.

Keep telling ppl....theyre a weird mob the Aints !! :wacko:

• Like 1

Get Jamar to GWS. Package it up. GWS surely can't value picks as highly as other clubs as they are chock full of your talent already, hence our best chance of a good deal lies their IMO.

Put it together with picks to get Shiel and other picks or another young player wanting out.

Good lord! Another good player leaving the Saints?