Heath Shaw

Barney Rubble

We've been on the bottom of the ladder for seven years Stuie.

What gamble are you talking about?

We'll see what happens with him, and I'll be bringing him up again in the near future.

The gamble of bringing a known culture cancer into a team trying to build a culture.

Seems pretty obvious to most here.

Nope, he's past it. Wasn't great in the first place.

Yeh he is a premiership player, but I don't rate him, especially not for a first rounder which is what pies will want fit him.

We don't need him, we need mids.

• Like 1

If anyone can extract the best out of Heath it is PR...if there is anything to extract.

I am 50/50 on players like this...i will let PR sought it out

Membership is paid Roosy...you choose the side.

I reckon it is probably easier to turn a wayward player around if you get them to move from Melbourne (or Adelaide or Perth) to Sydney where there is less of the AFL pressure cooker environment and the player is removed from his other "friends" who encourage bad behavior.

I am sure Roosy can provide them with an opportunity to turn around, but when temptation is so close at hand it may be more difficult.

Rumoured to go to the Swans for a trade with Sam Reid. Reid has been looking to go to Collingwood to play with brother Ben. But I doubt Sydney will want Shaw.

heard this too. Swannies aren't that keen , filth are. Sydney has a few talls though.

I don't know Heath Shaw personally and I've never seen first hand what he is like off the field. We're all aware of his reputation though.

However on the field his behaviour at times is embarrassing. I don't doubt his ability as a player, but his tendency to throw a tantrum is a serious turn off.

Id rather give Daniel Cross two years and save our trades for longer term players.... Cross will be cheaper in money and he is a delisted free agent... Collingwood will want too much for shaw and he is well past his best....

• Like 1

Id rather give Daniel Cross two years and save our trades for longer term players.... Cross will be cheaper in money and he is a delisted free agent... Collingwood will want too much for shaw and he is well past his best....

I think we chase Cross, but only on a one year deal and then reassess. We need to learn from the mistakes of Byrnes, Pederson and Rodan.

heard this too. Swannies aren't that keen , filth are. Sydney has a few talls though.

Reid only just signed a 5 year contract last year, he will stay a Swan unless Collingwood have something really good on offer and they don't. The rumour was really a wish of a Collingwood talkback caller, if I call in tomorrow and float the story of us getting Griffen from the dogs for Dunn do you think it would have any credence?

Strange time of the year we are moving into now.

By the way the only offer that to me would look good would be his brother. The Swans and Pies swap brothers, now that would be interesting.

Edited by rjay

Reid only just signed a 5 year contract last year, he will stay a Swan unless Collingwood have something really good on offer and they don't. The rumour was really a wish of a Collingwood talkback caller, if I call in tomorrow and float the story of us getting Griffen from the dogs for Dunn do you think it would have any credence?

Strange time of the year we are moving into now.

By the way the only offer that to me would look good would be his brother. The Swans and Pies swap brothers, now that would be interesting.

my source was nothing to do with SEN or such..its some mates who are very keen maggies. Normally have their ear to the ground.

My info is Reid wasnt that keen on staying but was convinced by a cheque book. Sydney has a good depth of talls....just saying

my source was nothing to do with SEN or such..its some mates who are very keen maggies. Normally have their ear to the ground.

My info is Reid wasnt that keen on staying but was convinced by a cheque book. Sydney has a good depth of talls....just saying

He would be a good get for them but I can't see it happening unless they have a good trade or maybe even the Thomas compo pick...anyway, I guess we have enough of our own problems.

Stuie, we have a sick culture already.

Sick in the sense that there are players who are now conditioned. They are used to losing. They are lazy. They don't trust each other. They don't work for one another.

That is the culture we have. No coach is magically going to fix that with all players. Jamar, Dunn, Sylvia are all culprits and none of them give a [censored].

Heath Shaw gives a [censored] and works extremely hard. He is a smart footy brain and offers so much more to the TEAM CULTURE WE NEED.

He works hard and is a team player. Shut the [censored] up about his off-field business. When was the last time he made a hiccup?

You're clueless.

You keep digging that hole of yours SJ..

Heath Shaw is toxic to a club off field and on. The guy is a [censored] and goes off at his teamates shows poor body language. Whats that suppose to teach guys like Joumpas and Viney about role models?

Deadset your unbelieveble if you think Shaw would be the right fit for this club..!

• Like 1

His father was a very good player but a hot head who got sucked in and suspended at critical times of the season.

Looks like it runs in the family.

No thanks career almost over and I doubt he is worth a second round pick let alone a first.

IMO the only way he will leave the Pies is perhaps a player swap.

So far we have delisted 8 players from the list.

We probably have another 2 or 3 up for trade bait.

3 to come in from the ND

I don't think we are going to try and get 8 mid fielders

Edited by Chippy

So far we have delisted 8 players from the list.

We probably have another 2 or 3 up for trade bait.

3 to come in from the ND

I don't think we are going to try and get 8 mid fielders

Good point. I would say two Agrade mids, one teenage mid, and one mid 20s hard bodied mid like a Barlow out of second tier comps. A crumbling small forward. Back up ruckman - let's go for Hasnath again for the hell of it, a running tall back, and then the next best three aft that depending on talent available

Rate him as a player but at his age doesn't fit into the current scheme of things, he'd be better suited to a club pushing finals.

I'm all for landing twilight-of-their-career players to lead and help develop but not so much when you have to put something substantial on the table for them (which Collingwood would be expecting for Shaw).