• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Taylor Adams

pilgrim

There seems to be a growing consensus that Howe is a one trick pony and limited in what he can offer. I don't agree. He's been in the system for only three years, usually has great skills, is young, has a great tank, and is unbelievably athletic. In a diabolical era with no support from senior players (because they don't exist) he's performed remarkably well. I accept he went missing in the second half of the year, but like Watts, he's been moved around a lot. I'm genuinely surprised at the willingness to move him on. He's played 56 games and only just coming into his best years.

We're not so full of riches that I'd trade a guy of his talent. A must keep for me.

You and I don't agree on a lot of things BH, but I agree with you 100% here.

I think Howe has a lot of attributes and like a lot of our players has struggled to get consistency because of being played in multiple positions and having the confidence sucked out of him by lack of wins.

I actually think he has great potential to be a forward/midfielder, and with our forward line having so many great marks he could be used as a link up man. I don't know enough about Taylor Adams, is he a guaranteed top line mid? We need to hold on to bigger bodies that are finished growing otherwise we keep going back to square one. Howe had a mostly poor year, but I don't think we've come close to seeing his best.

Someone else mentioned it as well, he is someone who brings excitement to the team. We need that.

It seems that Adams has a heap of suitors, so unless we can pay him significantly more it's highly questionable that he'll end up at Melbourne. You'd put it in the highly doubtful category.

That said, you don't have to trade Howe to get him. There are plenty of ways to skin a cat and I very much doubt that not trading Howe would be problematic.

Don't forget though that Adams is not a free agent. Any club that wants him has to deal with gws. No one else can offer them pick 2.

But if he does want to come to us, offer him a good sum of money to go into the psd. Play hard ball

• Like 1

Let's stir the pot a little bit. What would people say if it was Howe? Surely it has to be Howe. He's one of the only players that has any trade currency and even then it's minimal. Some absolute spuds have found homes though, post MFC over the last few seasons.

I wouldn't trade Howe anywhere, they can have Jamar we don't need him anyway. But to suggest the one player who makes going to the footy worthwhile as part of a package doesn't make sense. We want to get young kids following us, at least if we are not winning games potential supporters might follow us if we have players like Howe that are exciting to watch and emulate.

I agree with the thought of floating the trading of Howe to get what we need. People need to see this not as having a go at Howe but recognising that he is a quality player who will have value (just as most on here see). With Clark, Dawes, Hogan, Fitz he is a nice to have and forward surplus to fix our immediate requirement which is to get a quality midfield. If people have confidence that he is more than a goal kicking half forward flank and can become a true mid then I understand but he is a legitimate option in the right deal in my mind.

NB: People that say we cant do this because of his marketability need to understand that people will come to see us win games moreso than the occasional spectacular mark.

Edited by big_red_fire_engine
  • Like 4

Rumours of Patton to the dogs too, so would give GWS pick 1,2 and 4!

That would actually be a smart trade for GWS.

They can then pick Boyd, who by all reports, is possibly better than Patton, then trade the other picks for established senior players. Dogs would also win big given there are few talls in this draft (their area of need), and they don't need any more young developing mids.

I seriously hope that we don't send pick 2 to GWS in an Adams trade though. I'd rather we send them a combination of pick 20 + player for him, and do a straight swap of Pick 2 to GC for Swallow.

I agree with the thought of floating the trading of Howe to get what we need. People need to see this not as having a go at Howe but recognising that he is a quality player who will have value (just as most on here see). With Clark, Dawes, Hogan, Fitz he is a nice to have and forward surplus to fix our immediate requirement which is to get a quality midfield. If people have confidence that he is more than a goal kicking half forward flank and can become a true mid then I understand but he is a legitimate option in the right deal in my mind.

NB: People that say we cant do this because of his marketability need to understand that people will come to see us win games moreso than the occasional spectacular mark.

But there's no-one on our list like Howe. I'd rather float Fitzpatrick, who is one of many taller marking forwards.

• Like 3

But there's no-one on our list like Howe. I'd rather float Fitzpatrick, who is one of many taller marking forwards.

I agree with this. Fitzy showed a bit in the second half of the season but to me this has only helped to increase his trade value. More strings to Howe's bow as well and I would like to see how he goes for at least a season under Roos.

I seriously hope that we don't send pick 2 to GWS in an Adams trade though. I'd rather we send them a combination of pick 20 + player for him, and do a straight swap of Pick 2 to GC for Swallow.

That scenario would be fantastic...

But what is Howe? Do you think Fitzpatrick would have close to Howe's value? I rate Howe's skill set I just dont thinks it will be the difference. I think if you're not a pure mid or a key tall then in mind your surplus and worth shopping to fix our third world midfield.

I dont think it will happen but I wouldn't discount it either.

• Like 1

So Daisy is a medical away from joining Carlton. Will Carlton give their first pick for him ? Will this be a stand off between two arrogant f##ks and hold up the Adams trade. How much do we think Daisy was getting, surely we can offer more.

And to the [censored] that says I don't know anything, maybe just maybe you haven't read all my posts but I care little. Opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one!

Don't forget though that Adams is not a free agent. Any club that wants him has to deal with gws. No one else can offer them pick 2.

But if he does want to come to us, offer him a good sum of money to go into the psd. Play hard ball

Don't think that will work as MFC fairly committeed to taking Cross in PSD

Ben, I'd trade Howe because he's a lot of not that much. He can play forward but I'm not sure how much he will once all the forwards are fit. He can play mid, but his defensive side and awareness are, IMO, pretty poor. He is an outside mid at best, but not that quick and not that skillful. His handball is not creative. So I actually think he is a half-forward who can run but he isn't a midfielder really and certainly not a defender. So we are then left with considering his role, whether than could be done by anyone else and whether trading him would address a deficit.

IMO the deficit (genuine mids) is a greater need to address than keeping a player who is a one-role player, and not that important a role at that. Now maybe roos can develop him...I think that is a big 'maybe'.

Nail on the head, Tim.

I wouldn't trade Howe anywhere, they can have Jamar we don't need him anyway. But to suggest the one player who makes going to the footy worthwhile as part of a package doesn't make sense. We want to get young kids following us, at least if we are not winning games potential supporters might follow us if we have players like Howe that are exciting to watch and emulate.

He doesn't bring me to the footy. His half-hearted chasing efforts are enough to make me look away. Winning games is the only sure way of getting kids along and bandwagoners.

• Like 1

Don't think that will work as MFC fairly committeed to taking Cross in PSD

Surely Cross is a FA. I must have missed this, because I would have thought we could pick him up in the delisted FA period. Sylvia will stay and therefore there's little need to worry about adequate FA compensation.