The Good....That these two take the initiative

The Bad....that the club isnt doing it as a whole.

Well done though Dawes and Clark ( sound like expeditionary adventure pioneers lol )

This just tells me the kind of bloke we used Pick 20 on.

When you want to trade for a player in the position we are in, you want him to be exactly the kind of leader Dawes is.

That deal is looking better and better and if he can contribute to creating a good culture at the club - one focussed on selflessness and performance - then it will be remembered for quite a while.

More than happy to give him 5% of the cap...

• Like 2

Perhaps if the cost is not significant, some of the supporters might want to sponsor a player to accompany them, it might do the World of good for Trenners and Grimes to go and maybe get their fitness levels up and rid themselves of the niggling injuries.

Maybe Blease could develop a tank, worth a thought.

Shame on you Robbie. Surely you know that AFL rules stipulate that Melbourne players and 'tank' are not allowed to be used in the same sentence. You might have to be suspended.

Chris Dawes and Mitch Clark deserve an altitude camp, but everyone else deserves an attitude camp led by R Lee Ermey (aka that psycho drill instructor from Full Metal Jacket).

At this attitude camp they will be required to recite the following, every evening before going to sleep:

This is my football.

There are many others like it, but this one is mine.

My football is my best friend. It is my life.

I must master it as I must master my life.

Without me, my football is useless.

Without my football, I am useless.

I must kick my football true.

I must kick straighter than my enemy who is trying to beat me.

I must beat him before he beats me. I will.

Before Jim I swear this creed: My football and myself are defenders of my Club.

We are the masters of our enemy.

We are the saviors of my team.

So be it, until there is no Enemy, but Victory.

Go Dees.

"This is my football, this is my gun

This is for kicking, this is for fun"

They must recite until they figure out which one is which.

Flagstaff AZ is at an altitude of only 6,910 feet, Kosciusko National Park might be a local, less-glamourous option.

Kiandra is at 4,600 feet, it would be better than nothing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiandra,_New_South_Wales

Hell, Hotham Heights is even closer and it's 5610 feet. In an Opel Astra OTC you could be there in under 3 hours.

Only 80 km away is Mt Donna Buang @ 4147':

http://www.cycle2max.com/bike-hill-climb/Mt-Donna-Buang.aspx?id=902

I get what you mean about heights but when it comes down to cost, with the price of a Hotham dollar it would be better to go to the States.

Plus when it comes to altitude the extra 20% (minimum) and facilitieis makes a difference

I get what you mean about heights but when it comes down to cost, with the price of a Hotham dollar it would be better to go to the States.

Plus when it comes to altitude the extra 20% (minimum) and facilitieis makes a difference

I've only been to Hotham when the piste was lying all around but I'd imagine it'd be much cheaper in the heat of Summer.

Accommodation prices drops but food and living costs are still too expensive

Tell them not to eat and they can camp on the side of the mountain.....Easy.....
  • Like 1

Cultural change does not happen overnight. Sometimes you have to go along way back to go forward. This season has been far the worst on the park I have ever seen but we have reached the tipping point in the cultural change. Points like this from Dawes and Clark are what the top clubs do. Its not about doing whats expected its about going beyond. Nathan Jones and Garland typify this as well. Comments made by Viney, Hogan and Toumpas show the new guard will do whatever it takes to get the most out of themselves. Grimes and Trengove actions off field have made them captains and I expect once the shackles of captaincy are removed as most expect next year we will see this translate on field. We are getting a nucleus of players who provide perception that doing whats expected is not enough, that being just competitive is not good enough either.

Whilst I believe they are both very talented I believe we may be best served by seeing the back of Watts and Sylvia who from the outside do not appear to typify this culture.

I am confident that with another strong draft and trade period to back up last years acquisitions and this cultural shift that things will turn quicker than we think.

Edited by big_red_fire_engine
  • Like 2

Will be very interesting to see if anyone else puts up their hand.

This is raw pure leadership. Hope for us yet...

Tell them not to eat and they can camp on the side of the mountain.....Easy.....

Yep, put up a few old Army Tents and see if they can run down a few snow bunnies.

Misson's heat training. Neeld was much more interested in an altitude camp. Personally I'd be very interested in them just staying home and learning football skills with a short camp for team bonding. Seemed to work pretty well for Port.

Port had a training camp in Milan - Milan Italy that is. AFL's money at work there. That seemed to work for Port. Maybe we could forgo Darwin and head to Portofino.

Misson's heat training. Neeld was much more interested in an altitude camp. Personally I'd be very interested in them just staying home and learning football skills with a short camp for team bonding. Seemed to work pretty well for Port.

Yep...lets spend a fortnight doing nothing else other than learning how to kick properly....just that.

Port had a training camp in Milan - Milan Italy that is. AFL's money at work there. That seemed to work for Port. Maybe we could forgo Darwin and head to Portofino.

Tahiti sounds nice.

• Like 2

me too dc

used to watch it along with 77 sunset strip, surfside 6 and bonanza

even had a kooky byrnes branded comb

Brylcreem, Vaseline Hair Tonic or Californian Poppy?

me too dc

used to watch it along with 77 sunset strip, surfside 6 and bonanza

even had a kooky byrnes branded comb

comb..

hmmm

vaguely remember those :rolleyes: