POST MATCH DISCUSSION

Demonland

Pretty much P-man. Just remember when Tom Gillies was recruited at the end of last year? The backline was positively wetting their pants with excitement, asking what it was like to be a now and then selection for Geelong. Where is he now? Not even in the Casey seconds. What kind of inferiority complex has been drummed into these blokes?

People blast Jack Watts when he said that he doesn't 'care about losing'. I ask you: where did he learn that? Wasn't it pretty much the key tenet of the MFC's thinking from 2008-2009?

Edited by Guest

When I listen to our games on the radio, I find myself getting frustrated just hearing many of our players' names. There is now that much bad blood associated with names like Byrnes, Dunn and Watts that the mere mention of them gets me annoyed.

That is not a good sign.

PSD has gone quiet.

I hope you enjoyed the 10 minutes of effort today. You had a go at me in the 2nd Q and i think we kicked 1 goal for the reat of the fcuking day.

Lift your expectations mate. I want to go to the football in September. These lazy prickz won't take us anywhere apart from JV Dawes & hopefully Clark.

The rest can walk.

Missing a ruckman... or will Clark fill that for you?

Max Gawn and Fitzy have done nothing wrong.

Viney: ..... nuff said

Kent: Lots of promise

Strauss: defiantly something there

Sylvia: must stay on

Captains: need full preseasons

...That's about it

The first two points spot on, however, unless the Dees have another Strauss on the books, the one wearing # 19 as your third best , shows how the bad a team is. James Strauss is totally one sided, suspect below knees, tackles like a powder puff and like a lot of his team mates the first option when they have the ball is to look backwards or at best sideways. Other than that he is most likely an outstanding citizen.

• Like 1

Pretty much P-man. Just remember when Tom Gillies was recruited at the end of last year? The backline was positively wetting their pants with excitement, asking what it was like to be a now and then selection for Geelong. Where is he now? Not even in the Casey seconds. What kind of inferiority complex has been drummed into these blokes.

People blast Jack Watts when he said that he doesn't 'care about losing'. I ask you: where did he learn that? Wasn't it pretty much the key tenet of the MFC's thinking from 2008-2009?

CBF what you say has merit, but at NO stage has Watts even tried to change that mindset. He has even stated that the club has no leaders. It's all to hard for him.

I would kill for 10 minutes with the soft kok...Heneeds to hear some home truths about achievement.

• Like 2

When I listen to our games on the radio, I find myself getting frustrated just hearing many of our players' names. There is now that much bad blood associated with names like Byrnes, Dunn and Watts that the mere mention of them gets me annoyed.

That is not a good sign.

Try watching it live.
  • Like 3

CBF what you say has merit, but at NO stage has Watts even tried to change that mindset. He has even stated that the club has no leaders. It's all to hard for him.

I would kill for 10 minutes with the soft kok...Heneeds to hear some home truths about achievement.

I would agree except that is all he's ever known.

If Jack ever wants to be a great footballer, he has to leave the MFC. It has been a mutually abusive relationship.

I'm home. I'm drinking (heavily). Cannot be bothered joining this discussion.

Im with you, had my share of red since I got home. I think that is quite possibly the last time my 2 kids will ever come to,watch the dees with me again.....1 goal 5 from 3 qtrs of footy, what a plucking joke, and I cant defend that crepe with my kids anymore

Basically 15 minutes of decent footy today where we looked dangerous. We started to use a bit more link up handballing and kicking through the middle but most of the second half was just the same old story. Viney's impact was brilliant and a real highlight. Kent looks promising, Trengove was a lot better. But conservation mode in the final term. Didn't even bother kicking it forward. Howe and Fitzpatrick had given up leading and running back. I felt dreadfully sorry for Watts being moved back so early again- why not just start him as a loose back if he's going to end up there anyway? There needs to be more going on in the coaches box. Just give us a forward line and something to be happy about late in the game.

And our start was dreadful too. There was a ridiculous run of soft Freo free kicks at the beginning of the game, but that didn't excuse not having an inside 50 for over half a quarter. We're just switched off at the starts and ends of games. It's been the same story all year

• Like 1

Missing a ruckman... or will Clark fill that for you?

Max Gawn and Fitzy have done nothing wrong.

i don't know why Gawn didn't play at FF today, there's something seriously wrong with the selection panel, Fitzy struggled today because he was the number 1 forward, gawns fully fit 7 [censored] foot tall and had 60 hit outs at Casey yesterday, the sooner Craig's gone the better after all he watched the last disaster unfold, how does Magner get 51 touches yesterday but can't get a game in front of blokes like Grimes who couldn't hit the side of a barn from 20 mtrs.
  • Like 1

One of the blokes we missed today(and still out with a foot injury) was Michael Evans. He was really starting to show some great signs before injury. What I am trying to say, after calming down from today, is that we have also been cruelled by injury beyond the norm. Eventually, things will turn around.

All is certainly not lost even if it feels like it today.

Edited by Return to Glory

I would agree except that is all he's ever known.

If Jack ever wants to be a great footballer, he has to leave the MFC. It has been a mutually abusive relationship.

Not if he was prepared to put his head down & work. The boys club has been evicted upstairs.

I know his career has been underwhelming for a #2 pick but I think some of you need to watch Trengove a bit closer. He has been OK in recent weeks and was good today, found plenty of it and linked up play well (especially the members side). He seems to be the Demonland whipping boy nowadays.. is all..

Trengove and Grimes work really hard to get in the right llaces structurally. They are not our problem.

I also thought Blease did some really good team defensive work, watch the defensive play that lead to Kent's goal in the first qtr. I have a feeling this will be shown on the craig report next week.

Currently watching the Bulldogs play with absolute passion.

It hurts.

yeah they show everything pussys like Jack Watts don't, heart! It hurts watching them climb up the ladder while after 7 yrs we still can't win a [censored] game, the AFL better give us a PP there's no way they can reject us it's impossible the clubs simply not competitive .

Not if he was prepared to put his head down & work. The boys club has been evicted upstairs.

They are but 5 years of damage will not be undone in 2 months. And to be honest, I don't want to wait and see how long it takes for the penny to drop. Move him on and try to get the best we can get for him.

The first two points spot on, however, unless the Dees have another Strauss on the books, the one wearing # 19 as your third best , shows how the bad a team is. James Strauss is totally one sided, suspect below knees, tackles like a powder puff and like a lot of his team mates the first option when they have the ball is to look backwards or at best sideways. Other than that he is most likely an outstanding citizen.

He has one of the highest average efficient disposal % out of anyone on the list this year... in a team that bleeds goals from turnovers he is a great citizen indeed

Edited by PJ_12345
  • Like 2

Trengove and Grimes work really hard to get in the right llaces structurally. They are not our problem.

I also thought Blease did some really good team defensive work, watch the defensive play that lead to Kent's goal in the first qtr. I have a feeling this will be shown on the craig report next week.

Blease might have done some good defensive things, but he also did some poor defensive things. We need all our players to at least be trying to do the right things defensively for 100% of the time.

I'm not sure that you can argue that in the most part he runs much harder when he either has the ball or wants to receive the ball than what he does when the opposition has the ball. It's unacceptable and it seems to be contagious with most of the blokes at the club suffering the same disease.

• Like 1

Currently watching the Bulldogs play with absolute passion.

It hurts.

Yeah, you have to admire the Doggies.

I pleaded last year for us to chase Koby Stevens.. Nope we didnt even get a sniff...

Disgraceful Melbourne.

What I would do for Luke Dalhaus.

I've really enjoyed watching the Doggies and the way they go about it, but you can't undersell the importance of the senior players on their list. Murphy, Gia, Cooney, Griffen, Morris, Boyd, Cross, Minson...these are the guys we don't have so our kids like Viney, Kent and Toumpas have to do it on their own.

Stevens would be just going in a Melbourne side, I just love the way Dalhaus goes about his footy.

• Like 1

Watching Viney made it worth going today. Just. What really gives me hope for his future is that he has that rare ability to get into trouble but find a way out. Only the top guys can do that.

He should get a rising star nomination this week.

We looked very good in the second quarter but again didn't get reward for effort. In periods of the third we were ok, but were dead on our feet for the last with one person on the bench. For a time in the third we had no rotations. That doesn't excuse the scoreline, but you could see how dead Viney was on his feet at the end.

I remember seeing Viney about 10 mins jnto the 4th and he was stuffed but then ran about 70 metres to a contest. I enjoyed the game on his account.

• Like 1