• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Dustin Martin

Moonshadow

Id be surprised if we could land Martin... He'd already know where he wants to go.... whether thats us, only he and the club knows... Will the tigers play ball? Who knows....

All i know for sure is that the deal is done.... If we a coming in now, then we are too late...

He is a ripping player and id be over the moon if we got him.... I couldn't careless what problems players have off field.... Its not days of our lives... Its footy!! Who gives a **** what he does... He can snort a kilo of coke before the game for all care...lol... As long as he plays his role on field....

Edited by tatu

pick 2 all the way....

the kid is beyond a jet, would love him at the dees.

But some how i think that 17 other clubs will alsowant him

Edited by Grimseyisgod

You're forgetting this years Coleman medallist...

Roughead does so well because he doesn't have to play FF and have the #1 defender (what Buddy has to do).

As much as Hawthorn doesn't like to admit it their forward success rests on that and without Buddy Roughead would have a hard time.

Just my thoughts.

He only just turned 22.

Remember, he was the pick behind Trengove...

jtvmartin_zps69cfb380.jpg

Those statts suggest one of two things to me.

- Trengove is way better than I think

- Martin is not as good as I think

Might just be Martin is playing in a good side and Trengove in a crap side.

Hmmmm

• Like 1

Yeah comparing him to a two time Brownlow winner, premiership winning captain, five time Australian and multiple club best and fairests is a bit of a long stretch.

Yeah but pick 2 in a draft should be used on guys who actually make a difference when a big game is tight. I don't expect him to be Judd level. I was just using that game as an example of a game where Martin had the stage and didn't take it.

I get the feeling Richmond's hard line stance with Martin is just as much about on field than off. They don't want to break their player payment model to give him an offer that's bigger than one he deserves. They have Vlastuin, Conca, Ellis and co that if they lose Martin now they'll still be ok. Sign him for overs and in a few years time they wont be able to compete for free agents.

We have to consider that as well to a degree. We are way short on talent to even have the problem but if we have Martin, Dawes and Mitch Clark all brought in the last 3 years and paid at top end market value then how do we convince Viney to help us out in a few years. Or Hogan. I shudder to think how much more Jack Watts gets from us simply because he was the number 1 pick and we want to keep him.

• Like 1

If you can't understand how us being scared of a bad boy superstar like Martin is like us being scared of a bad boy superstar like Darling then I don't see the point in having discussions with you.

They might be comparable if all Martin did was a bit of hanky panky with a girl in a tent. Somehow I think Martin has a lot more than that going against him.

• Like 1

Roughead does so well because he doesn't have to play FF and have the #1 defender (what Buddy has to do).

As much as Hawthorn doesn't like to admit it their forward success rests on that and without Buddy Roughead would have a hard time.

Just my thoughts.

Boyd would fit there nicely...

the next few weeks will be veeery interesting.

• Like 1

word is they just had coffee

Wasn't sure if you were joking or not, but just in case not...

"The Herald Sun has learnt Demons coach Paul Roos has had several discussions with Martin’s manager Ralph Carr in the past week."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/dustin-martin-tells-richmond-he-wants-to-pursue-offers-from-other-clubs/story-fn69a32t-1226720108583

Edited by stuie

Breaking: Dustin Martin seen at crossing lights in between Punt Rd and Aami Park.

Reporter asked "what are you doing?"

Dustin responded "I'm just going to have a look...."

haha this legit?

I will leave it to Roos.

But he is high maintenance with issues and apparently has been offered $650k by the Saints..

I reckon we will pass on him.

If he has been offered that much then I say a definite no! No way should we be paying that much for a person who is deemed a troublemaker at Richmond! We don't need that sort of culture!

If he has been offered that much then I say a definite no! No way should we be paying that much for a person who is deemed a troublemaker at Richmond!

Since you seem to know all about it, how does that figure stack up compared to what we're paying the rest of our players, and our position on the salary cap(/floor)?

• Like 1

The game has never more been about running, especially two way running, which is the type of midfielder ROOOOSY likes.

There's a reason Martin goes unsighted in second halves. He also hasn't got a defensive bone in his body.

For me, with his limitations and baggage he's not worth it.

• Like 7

Since you seem to know all about it, how does that figure stack up compared to what we're paying the rest of our players, and our position on the salary cap(/floor)?

We have plenty of room in the cap with recent retirements/delistings and frontal contract payments. Highest paid players at the club, Clark and Dawes command a mil a season between them but we have front paid a fair portion of this. We have plenty of room but I seriously (like Geelong) do not want to be paying massive overs for a player, that creates a spin off effect to other players we want to recontract etc

• Like 1

Is he under contract to Richmond FC? (i.e. How much say do they get if he wants to come to us for cash?) Maybe the AFL get give RFC a draft pick like they did to GWS when we lost Scully chasing the cash!

He's not contracted but does not qualify as FA, therefore we'd need to get a deal done or else draft him when he walks. I can't see a realistic deal we could make that would not be paying overs for him, although Richmond have made a habit of picking up our discards lately.

The game has never more been about running, especially two way running, which is the type of midfielder ROOOOSY likes.

There's a reason Martin goes unsighted in second halves. He also hasn't got a defensive bone in his body.

For me, with his limitations and baggage he's not worth it.

& this to me says Roos wouldn't seriously consider him. to change the culture from that one way running that we've had for decades, we need a big influx of hard workers onfield, to pushout any lazy players first,,, before we tryout any problem kids.

If we had any coach other than Roos I would say a big big no - on 'cultural grounds'.

IF, big IF, Roos believes that he can 'housetrain' him, then surely a talented midfielder like Martin would be worth at least a serious look at.

Will be interesting