Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

If I did what the EFC non-medics are accused of doing (including not keeping records etc etc etc) I'd be struck off.

This is crystal clear - NO GOVERNANCE, and just awful beyond belief

FD what about the Melbourne Doc and the Melb footy club in this. We forget we have a player/s named (Trenners and was Dunny named too?) and can only assume (dddeeerrr considering where we are at presently) that our governance was just as shoddy and that virtually ALL AFL clubs are as shoddy. I saw something the last week where Eddie said the Pies will be looking into their governance processes, I nearly fell off my chair, only NOW they are looking into governance?!

http://www.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/AFL/Files/EssendonFC-notice-of-charges.pdf

pages 15 and 16 are unbelieveable.

16500 doses of colostrum to be shared between 38 players?

Fascinating read isn't it? I got to point 56 and thought "jeez, the Doc has done the right thing here, poor bloke getting tangled up in all this", then read points 58 and 59 and... oops. You could actually draw an asterisk at each point where a new person became well and truly embroiled in poo. What a train wreck, just one governance cockup after another.

• Like 2

A few random points made by Richard Ings about the Garnham interview:-

• WADA determines what is banned or not; not ASADA. It is the "WADA" banned list;
  • WADA's decision on the status of AOD-9604 is below:-
  • http://playtrue.wada-ama.org/news/wada-statement-on-substance-aod-9604;
  • If ASADA gave incorrect or incomplete advice in 2013 on AOD-9604 that advice would not have informed decisions in 2011/12 to use or not AOD-9604; and
  • Finally ASADA has explaining to do, as to whether it gave incomplete advice on AOD-9604 at any time.
  • Like 2

Anyone heard about a brownish tide currently surging around the Strathmore region ?

• Like 1

FD what about the Melbourne Doc and the Melb footy club in this. We forget we have a player/s named (Trenners and was Dunny named too?) and can only assume (dddeeerrr considering where we are at presently) that our governance was just as shoddy and that virtually ALL AFL clubs are as shoddy. I saw something the last week where Eddie said the Pies will be looking into their governance processes, I nearly fell off my chair, only NOW they are looking into governance?!

The problem with looking into something is that sometimes you find something.

• Like 1

We just don't know...

AOD was never approved for therapeutic use anywhere in the world and so unless you are administering it in the context of a registered clinical trial, you've got problems.

And ASADA/WADA are yet to finish their enquiry. Pretty sure that PJ would be asking lots of keen questions

The problem with looking into something is that sometimes you find something.

c'mon RPFC what's the chances of the MFC ever doing anything tardy :unsure:

c'mon RPFC what's the chances of the MFC ever doing anything tardy :unsure:

We show up late on game day.

Usually when God hands out bad luck, crisis, and ineptitude we are right at the front of the line like Oliver...

• Like 1

If you want a good read drop into Bomberblitz

They have a lot of excuses and reasons as to why the report is rubbish and how none of it will stick.

It's not guaranteed to stick, if the Bombers agree not to pursue charges if the case is dropped - then they'll be fine.

The AFL needs to save face something though, so someone will have to take the fall.

Individual legacies seem to be more important than the Essendon football club.

For all the harping on about how much Essendon means to certain heroes - no one is willing to take the fall for the club.

Essendon would wish they had a Chris Connolly amongst their ranks right about now.

• Like 1

or they did have records, but they were shredded.

I find it hard to believe anyone, no matter how amateurish, would embark on this without keeping records to monitor progress, make comparisons etc. Waste of money otherwise. Either way, they are condemned unless they can prove the whole thing is a fabrication.

unless your understanding of the situation is such that you knew you were not pushing things too the edge, but entering grey areas in regards to substances.

just in from the EFC presser

this is the guy in charge of supplements apparently

m2n9.jpg

• Like 3

Who knew Hird an angry side and to speak that way toward Demitriou is quite staggering. This will be a very very drawn out process.

Him and his mate Tim Watson can just go away. I've stopped listening to SEN because of this Essendon stuff.

Sick of hearing the morning show deny Essendon did anything wrong.

A few random points made by Richard Ings about the Garnham interview:-

• WADA determines what is banned or not; not ASADA. It is the "WADA" banned list;
  • WADA's decision on the status of AOD-9604 is below:-
  • http://playtrue.wada-ama.org/news/wada-statement-on-substance-aod-9604;
  • If ASADA gave incorrect or incomplete advice in 2013 on AOD-9604 that advice would not have informed decisions in 2011/12 to use or not AOD-9604; and
  • Finally ASADA has explaining to do, as to whether it gave incomplete advice on AOD-9604 at any time.

Inge, Bruckner and John Fahey have been consistent that ASADA only implements WADA rules.

At the moment it's not clear what ASADA has to defend - Its he said/ he said. Have they given any formal written advice?

The efforts by the Club and the Andrew Garnham to make claims they verbal checked are both atrocious and in the later case irrelevant.

• Like 3

It's not guaranteed to stick, if the Bombers agree not to pursue charges if the case is dropped - then they'll be fine.

The AFL needs to save face something though, so someone will have to take the fall.

Individual legacies seem to be more important than the Essendon football club.

For all the harping on about how much Essendon means to certain heroes - no one is willing to take the fall for the club.

Essendon would wish they had a Chris Connelly amongst their ranks right about now.

That's not correct at all.

This is not an issue the AFL can cover up like tanking. This issue is being run by ASADA and the ACC.

The problem is not the AFL but Essendon Football Club and is 4 FD culprits.

• Like 5

Who knew Hird an angry side and to speak that way toward Demitriou is quite staggering. This will be a very very drawn out process.

Him and his mate tim watson can just go away. Ive stopped listening to sen because of this essendon stuff. Sick of hearing the morning show deny essendon did anything wrong.

14eu.jpg

• Like 2

Let's hope we can simply add the Bates/Dank drama to the Terrible Governance chapter of our recent history and nothing more...

When is that trainwreck coming? Anyone know?

You would think Dank/Bates show will be reviewed by ASADA once they have completed the final EFC report.

You would hope that Trengove has not been compromised by the alleged lone wolf doctor.

Hird has nothing to lose. To admit fault is to concede his place in AFL history as the Games biggest cheat. His record as a player will mean nothing. The scary thing is that he appears to be willing to destroy the club he supposedly loves in the process. Just as Lance Armstrong was willing to bring cycling to its knees so is Hird. His delusional ego is willing to take the game to the brink in a bid to save his reputation. High stakes indeed.

• Like 11