• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

I know it is the nature of the competition that we dislike other teams

but I am surprised by the degree of hate on here for all things Essendon.

I feel sorry for the position that Essendon fans find themselves in at present.

They are just humans like us that love their club.

They are feeling a lot of pain right now just as us Dees are feeling.

My Daughter is an Bombers fan, she is not some sub human species.

She is a kind thoughtful person who is a great daughter and a great mum.

She is feeling a lot of pain for her team right now.

Please can we have just a little empathy for some fellow sports lovers.

hmmm Old Dee, are you old enough to remember the tactics Essendon employed on our players before the ball was bounced in the 2000 GF? I also recall Michael Long's cowardly hit on a teenaged Troy Symonds in that same contest. Perhaps it could just be argued that it's a professionally competitive arena and "whatever it takes" is justifiable... but this time it's caught up with them.

I'm not voicing any hatred for Essendon, but can understand why many Dees supporters still hold some.

• Like 2

Will never forgive them for what Dean Wallis did to Brad Green and Michael Long to Troy Simmonds. There supporters are just as worse (not including your daughter) I watched in horror in round 2 when they leaned over and abused and spat on our players when they walked off down to the race after the game! typical arrogant bunch of no lifes!

They deserve whatever they got coming for them!

you beat me to the punch DD36

you beat me to the punch DD36

Ok then do not be surprised then that media people and others seem to have us in the gun because of what they perceive the MFC to be about.

It is marvelous when the boot is on the other foot how much we complain.

Sad reflection on the human race IMO.

My father told me a long time ago that hate consumes the hater more than the hated.

Ok then do not be surprised then that media people and others seem to have us in the gun because of what they perceive the MFC to be about.

My father told me a long time ago that hate consumes the hater more than the hated.

Agree with you Old Dee... hate's not cool. Was explaining why there's some anti-Bomber sentiment on this forum and by this team's supporters.

Reckon Essendon have got off reasonably unscathed by the media to date. Haven't seen a 'pathetic and disgusting' headline in relation to them yet... but maybe I haven't looked hard enough.

Edited by Giles

Quite clearly said "didn't know and should have known". Known what? Is still the big question. He's absolved himself of any hint of drug cheating. He's admitted to mismanagement.

Ron Gauci to the Bombers.

Heard it here...

I agree Jnr

Given the choice between the Dees and Bombers who would you choose?

Not hard for me.

Old Dee since ur daughter is a bomber supporter you would have empathy.

I on the other hand have copped [censored] from their supporters all my life, when this story broke I said nothing, copped more over the loss in round 2, still said nothing. If they are found guilty I will spend a week on the phone and all social media giving it to those same people.

I follow Melbourne, stuff the rest!

Hey Old Dee, my two brothers follow Essendon and over the journey (numerous Don Flags, 2000, etc...) I have had to suck it up and suck it up and ...

So the prospect of ASADA shutting them down for drug cheating, fills me with an irrepressible urge to smile and look forward to my next family do.

Sorry ;-))

If Essendon get kicked out of the league because the club is decimated of assetts over the next 5 years i will loose no sleep.

The MFC is looking shaky right now so why should i give an f for the thugs at Windy Hill?

If Essendon get kicked out of the league because the club is decimated of assetts over the next 5 years i will loose no sleep.

The MFC is looking shaky right now so why should i give an f for the thugs at Windy Hill?

This the last I will say on the subject.

It is the fans I am talking about.

I have lots of friends who follow a number of clubs and guess what they are a lot like most Dees supporters.

Funny about that

• Like 1

My best friend is an Essendon supporter. For years I have put up with her gloating about their superiority, "St James of Hird", Llloydy etc, etc, etc. At the height of our issues this year she even offered to buy me an Essendon membership for my birthday. I politely told her where to shove it. I have a long memory and despise Essendon and hope they get the book thrown at them and more...

• Like 5

Whether Essendon is guilty or not, Robson's failings in governance and oversight of this issue made his position untenable.

He should not be the only one. He is just the first of the dismissals.

Not sure why some have got all uppity now on the ASADA investigation now. Robson's departure should not be impacting this.

MFC press conference at 3pm. They have a new CEO.

Would be remiss not to explore this over the coming months, though not sure how PJ gets on with his successor at Essendon.

Robson has an excellent track record, and lots of experience at two successful (well ... Essendon ... successful?) clubs. Let's say two of the bigger clubs. He's had to go because this happened on his watch, but don't believe he'll be compromised by it in the longer term (much like the Rendell situation).

Would be remiss not to explore this over the coming months, though not sure how PJ gets on with his successor at Essendon.

Robson has an excellent track record, and lots of experience at two successful (well ... Essendon ... successful?) clubs. Let's say two of the bigger clubs. He's had to go because this happened on his watch, but don't believe he'll be compromised by it in the longer term (much like the Rendell situation).

You have to be joking.

He has had no line of sight over the most important aspect of a club....player welfare.

His failings (along with others to be named) has resulted in a disaster for the Club, a calamity for the AFL and has placed the careers of young players in jeopardy.

At this stage it's still not known if they will escape ASADA sanctions.

And you're dreaming if you think he is even the remotest chance at a Club that had no idea of what was happening with is own supplements program.

I can see the PR coup for AFL put a disgraced CEO in charge of a Club that has done enough bring shame on itself.

• Like 1

Smart bloke, your old man, OD.

Caro is feeling the heat

"Judging by the threats, the vitriol and the abuse this columnist has received every time we question the coach and his failed duty of care towards his players, you would have to predict Hird stays.

As it stands, if Hird is not feeling ashamed of himself, he should at least be suffering some discomfort."

Thats a big come down from "demanding" the coach is sacked. And one who said the "buck stops with me. I take full responsibility"

Bye bye Hirdy..

Caro is feeling the heat

Thats a big come down from "demanding" the coach is sacked. And one who said the "buck stops with me. I take full responsibility".

I think it's asking the same question in a different way and acknowledge that the golden boy status of Hird is providing him with a level of immunity that would not be given to mere mortals.

If Robson's was sacked for not knowing what was going on with a disastrous and damaging drug/supplement program what is the disposition of the person who did know and as you pointed out took full responsibility?

It's a valid and serious question. And if it was not Hird then the coach in this position should go at the same time.

If ASADA do bring adverse findings against Essendon re the drugs program I can't see how Hird can avoid guilt and sacking.

And I wonder how Robson, Robertson and others who will fall for this appalling matter will feel if they have been scapegoated to protect the golden boy. It does not exonerate their culpability but it highlights a serious hypocrisy if Hird escapes without sanction or penalty.

• Like 2

I think that the single factor that's saved Hird until now and to an extent prolonged Robson's tenure has been the fact that the team had a fantastic start to the season on the field and the club has a measure of sympathetic support in the media.

Had it been otherwise both would have been sacrificial lambs by now. As it is, Hird will stay at least until the ASADA investigation outcome but if the Bombers collapse as they did last year, it may well be sooner rather than later.

I think the other main thing saving Hird is he repeated said in emails to make sure the substances were WADA approved and Dank always said everything was above board. Now Hird was naive in the highest to trust Dank by he issued Dank a clear directive.

We also see that the doctor wasn't involved and expressed his concerns (to who).

So the main issue is this guy wasn't properly vetted or supervised by the doctor, strength coach or head of football. Therefore the issue comes from the people who organize the management chain and were directly responsible for Dank's employment. So CEO and head of footy department are gone an head strength and conditioning coach has been stood down.

This is a lesson that you need a quality head of footy department to be supervising millions of dollars worth of modern day footy spending because in my mind asking the coach to be in charge would leave the coach no time to actually coach. I'm pretty sure Peter Jackson is on to this for Melbourne.

• Like 1

Ron Gauci to the Bombers.

Heard it here...

Yea can't be a coincidink Robson resigned the week the Gauc became a free agent. If it happens I'll be a little disappointed. I reall yhope the Dees are going as hard as they can at him. Stroke his ego about how he canbe the saviour of the club oh and bucket loads of AFL $$$ to pay him.