Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Id love to see Clarke and Dawes do a skit on all of this. :)

edit ( not Mitch and Chris...before anyone says it !! )

They don't need to do a skit, Little and Hird seem to be doing it daily.

The two faced attitude of Essendon staggers me. How dare they come out and bad mouth the ex head of ASADA, imagine if ASADA had bad mouthed Hirds evidence. Not sure of her background but not many people other than cops and crooks spend much time in the witness box and not everyone in good at it. That odes not mean her evidence was incorrect or poor.

I will say it again the Club is morally bankrupt and deserves our contempt.

• Like 2

The two faced attitude of Essendon staggers me. How dare they come out and bad mouth the ex head of ASADA, imagine if ASADA had bad mouthed Hirds evidence. Not sure of her background but not many people other than cops and crooks spend much time in the witness box and not everyone in good at it. That odes not mean her evidence was incorrect or poor.

I will say it again the Club is morally bankrupt and deserves our contempt.

As much as I think Essendon have acted disgracefully, the bad-mouthing was just a submission to the court which presumably they are entitled to make. Sounds a bit like the final address to the jury in a criminal trial. I guess they can draw attention to 'long pauses' and read things into that, but it is up to the judge to decide how significant that is.

Essendon blasts former ASADA chief Aurora Andruska following Federal Court trial

"LAWYERS for Essendon and James Hird have slammed the performance of former ASADA boss Aurora Andruska in the witness box."

Kind of funny ....Essendon purporting that anyone not be 100% forthcoming!!!

How does that go......Kettle, Black......something :huh: :rolleyes:

I don't read anything from the News limited cheer squad about the bombers.

They are just taking the Goebbels tack

If you say something often enough people will believe it is true.

• Like 1

I don't read anything from the News limited cheer squad about the bombers.

They are just taking the Goebbels tack

If you say something often enough people will believe it is true.

Bazingo! I just knew godwin's law would crop up sooner or later in this thread

• Like 3

Over the past few weeks I have been able to come around to understanding Essendon's position on thiw whole saga.

Without really knowing what happened at EFC and the investigation itself it does sound like a balls up from the AFL and ASADA and I can see why EFC is upset. But in saying that it I don't believe it clears their name (which i beleive it's what Little is claiming).

And Hird I finally see his point, but again it doesn't clear his name completely. He was still in charge of an organisation (or head of sport or whatever) when this all went down - surely if this goes any further (if the Essendon case fails) he can't continue to work at the EFC? there are many examples of head coaches in the US and worldwide losing their jobs because of players or officals under them being caught out. I've never seen anything like this where the bloke in charge is not held accountable for actions of his employees or at least employees directly under his control (under his direction or not)

I'd love to see Dean Robinson's unfair dismissal go to court - that would really speed this whole process up, and air out the closet. Another mystery how the EFC can claim nothing bad happened but somehow Robinson solely acted to the detriment of the EFC.

This saga really is a Bold and the Beautiful episode (or series)

Edited by Unleash Hell

Only if I am beaten with a large stick Mandee

And even then I think I prefer the stick.

That says a lot about you.

How is the self flagellation coming along?

I prefer the simpler things, like supporting Melbourne

• Like 1

I'd love to see Dean Robinson's unfair dismissal go to court - that would really speed this whole process up, and air out the closet. Another mystery how the EFC can claim nothing bad happened but somehow Robinson solely acted to the detriment of the EFC.

This saga really is a Bold and the Beautiful episode (or series)

I would really love to see this go to court, I think it's the only way we will get close to the truth. For that reason I very much doubt it will go to court.

I think WADA/ASADA sees the AFL thing as much more crucial to its governance than the League stuff up. Cant see Ben allowing a whitewash to occur on his watch. Gill and Paul are far too cozy. If this just 'goes away" my interest in footy will drop 50% and its not fabulously high atm .

Hopefully ASADA have some balls

Hey BB ?

Not feeling as confident that EFC will be slammed ?

I don't think one person disagrees on what should happen.

There is some disparity on what people think will happen.

I am not convinced that the corruption will not continue and we will see a "wet lettuce" punishment as others have so eloquently put it.

We watched as Melbourne were cleared of tanking and then given a huge fine (which basically came out of the AFL's coffers anyway) and a couple of suspensions.

You are right in one thing - it comes down to how hard WADA/ASADA go at the EFC because it is clear that the AFL are exactly of the same mind as Essendon - they just want it to go away.

• Like 1

You are right in one thing - it comes down to how hard WADA/ASADA go at the EFC because it is clear that the AFL are exactly of the same mind as Essendon - they just want it to go away.

The AFL have always really been in cohorts with them effectively. I still maintain AD tipped them off and dont really care for his vanilla denials. AD now Dill just want their little ( npi ) back garden to flourish and arent fussed what manure is used to that end. The AFL realise they are really a small fish in the ocean but in the Aussie pond they feel like Bruce the shark !!

I think WADA owe it to all the athletes etc to be fair dinkum about this. What Dill and Little want to do may well be their ideal but they arent the ultimate authority.

Of course , we really arent that smart a country so I suppose we just wait.

• Like 1

Sharks players shown 30 pages of ASADA documents before taking deal

An interesting article from Roy Masters. Obvious League bent but it shows ASADA are learning. Ironically the way it handled the AFL component (orignally) was in Vlads mind the template for how its to be done but obviously the latter approach as shown to the NRL paves the way to successful implementation of the code.

I would think that ASADA now seeing how that went might use the time it has until Middleton J delivers his deliberation to 'fine tune" their process and shore it up prior to slapping Essendon.

That says a lot about you.

How is the self flagellation coming along?

I prefer the simpler things, like supporting Melbourne

If you are a MFC supporter and still around you enjoy pain ManDee

It is an essential requirement

Just forgotten until I read it again this morning how arrogant this club is. Who the fark charters a DC3 to fly to Wangaratta??

Talk about out of touch. This club was driven by massive egos. Still is.

I have great concerns about this finals series, Collinwood finish 9th and after 2 weeks into the finals Justice Middleton decides to rule in favour of ASADA and infraction proceedings begin again...

what exactly will eddie do if that happens?

for the good of the game and everyone who watches it, they can't allow Essendon to play finals until this is resolved, and Essendon don't want to rush things along, all they want is to see this drag out or go away.

• Like 1

Used to be that Goebbels had none...not sure if Gill the Dill does !!

They've been suspended (the NRL players) but Dank promises to come to their rescue ~ I won't leave suspended Shark players high and dry says Dank

Of course, that won't happen until well after they've served their suspensions.

:wub:

Your legal nous would be appreciated here but give Dank has categorically stated that the payers have done nothing wrong and he can clear them, it seems surprising that none of them have challenged the decision in a court and subpoena'd Dank OR taken him to a civil Court for damages.

Surely someone can force him to provide any evidence he claims to have.

• Like 1

Your legal nous would be appreciated here but give Dank has categorically stated that the payers have done nothing wrong and he can clear them, it seems surprising that none of them have challenged the decision in a court and subpoena'd Dank OR taken him to a civil Court for damages.

Surely someone can force him to provide any evidence he claims to have.

its amazed me also that no-one has brought him to account in a place of no-lies. Hes s slippery sucker this one