Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Here's the full court order:-

OUTLINE OF RESPONDENTS' OPENING SUBMISSIONS

Page 38-40 are why Essendope will get laughed out of court.

SLAM ... DUNK !!!

Get the black cap out :lol:

Brilliant. I was waiting for this.

OF COURSE Essendon and their players signed up to the anti-doping code and all that it entails.

If you didnt bother reading the fine print...well..... :huh::rolleyes:

Brilliant. I was waiting for this.

OF COURSE Essendon and their players signed up to the anti-doping code and all that it entails.

There was no need to have waited. This was pretty much common knowledge from Day 1.

Essendon has stalled the inevitable, a tactic that promises to derail another season or two for players who could have been half way through serving a six month suspension. Even if that deal is available after the hearing, they'll have to serve it in the first half of the year. That's going to put then in a spot of bother.

• Like 1

why should there be ANY deal on the table now ??

Now that lackey press of the Windy Hill mob...and regrettably a sponsor :unsure: are coming out with the rubbish of "Did the AFL know about Bombers probe?" wtf if they did Its a bit like asking Westpac if they know whos driving the getaway car ?

Its comical. really, how desperate they ( cheaters and cohorts ) are to muddy the water as if that will actually hold any sway

I hope these guys are done like a dogs dinner. I hope Work Safe go in and hold the board accountable.

• Like 2

Because I don't believe it's ever been withdrawn. The time for players to have to answer the ASADA show cause notices has been suspended, remember?

they are not necessarily joined at the hip. Deal time can expire even while ASADA keep the powder dry.

They are damnable by their inaction

why is this even a surprise...really

i go back to the night of the phonecall

Essendope lose to the Tigers hahahaha

Should be out of the 8 after this round the disgusting drug cheats

Huge sigh of relief from AFL HQ. What does it take for them to miss the finals?

Edited by sue

Huge sigh of relief from AFL HQ. What does it take for them to miss the finals?

whatever it takes !!! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

The world knew about Essendon's program. Well not quite but Gerard Healy is on record as saying he approached the AFL to tell them he had heard things were going on at Ess and thats why they had 24 soft tissue injuries.

Slobbo is being deliberately mischievous because he is a cheer leader. Demetriou has always said he specifically did not know it was Ess because he was never told by the ACC. This is confirmed in Robbos article. He would have know from other sources but I think you will find he is quite accurate in his words.

Having read the ASADA court docs Ess and Hird are faarrrkkked.

Of course Vlad knew, if not categorically , it was Essendon. How many phone calls did he make that night to clubs ? He is definitley complicit in that regard. But its irrelevant in so much as they , Essendon , were/are guilty as all .f... !!!

Geez pretty illuminating presser. Interesting stuff to watch, he looks frustrated as hell.

Don't know if it means anything but I enjoy his new pose of deliberately looking like he is not interested in the coaches box. I don't recall him sitting sideways with arms folded when he coached Geelong. Or have I forgotten?

WJ, does the AFL knowing or not have any bearing on the case or is it purely a distraction?

Pure distraction s-t-i-n-g-a. Any time you see Robbo, Chip Le Grand or a lawyer and academic called Martin Hardie associated with anything to do with this issue, you need to take it with a huge grain of salt. They are not neutral parties.

In this case, Robbo concludes that the asking by Gillon McLachlan of the question as to whether the offending club was Essendon, automatically means that the AFL knew it to be so and therefore the inference follows that Demetriou warned the Bombers to self-confess etc. and did so in breach of the law. My take is that the asking of the question confirms the AFL had suspicions but nothing more at the time and this line will, like the many other distractions in Essendon's game of smoke and mirrors get them nowhere.

The main issue in the case that begins on Monday is whether the joint investigation by the AFL and ASADA was lawful and if it wasn't, how much of the evidence gathered by the investigation (remembering that only part was conducted jointly) can be used in the ongoing case against the players. The case against the players is currently stalled at the show cause stage because of undertakings given by ASADA to the Federal Court at one of the early directions hearings.

What the AFL knew or did not know is in my view a peripheral side issue but Robinson, by his latest effort, has shown himself to be a sloppy journo, and despite the lovable personna that he otherwise adopts on the AFL360 programme, he and his sidekick have lost me completely because their credibility is in tatters.

In my spare time over the weekend (half time in today's game?) I will try to catch up on the submissions in the case to see if there's anything new or interesting to report.

• Like 7