Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Long drawn out painful death, gotta love it.

Those Hirds must have threatened legal action, big time. EFC to check with silks.

I still think he is gone, I hope he drags that club down.

I think this is worse than anything we've ever been through in our history, especially from a PR perspective! HAHAHA this is just daily gold! Thanks for being you, Essendrug!

How long before the whole place just goes up in a puff of smoke !!

How could he continue amongst such open hostility. How could Hird garner respect of the players.

the whole thing is bizarre . They're now chasing tails. Thats borderline insanity surely !!

Fun to watch though ^_^

Fascinating to spectate. All things aside caro doenst often get this stuff wrong.. Opinions are one thing...inside tips..hmmm

jaques in his statement today said he was going ahead with appeal "in the best interests of the essendon football club,......"

since when is it his prerogative to decide what is best for efc especially when it is in defiance of the efc board's wishes

his arrogance is limitless

• Like 3

jaques in his statement today said he was going ahead with appeal "in the best interests of the essendon football club,......"

since when is it his prerogative to decide what is best for efc especially when it is in defiance of the efc board's wishes

He is the Essendon Football Club, just ask him.

• Like 1

I suspect that the board want to check where they stand if they sack him.

I think he has said I will not resign

If you sack me I will sue for wrongful dismissal.

They have themselves a problem

I don't think appealing a court decision would be a lawful reason to sack someone.

For one millisecond I feel sorry for them.

• Like 3

I don't think appealing a court decision would be a lawful reason to sack someone.

This is Glorious...
  • Like 2

Can any of the legal boffins here explain if Hird can actually sue for wrongful dismissal? I mean isn't he just on a contract with the club, and that if they sacked him they just pay out the contract? Otherwise why wouldnt someone like Sanderson do a similar thing, he has a year to run, and 'The board wanting to move in another direction, and thats without me as coach' type of comment would have no credence at all.

I think rather than wrongful dismissal they attempted to negotiate an exit strategy that didn't require them to fully pay out the contract and he has told them to shove it, and now they are working out their next move next week.

• Like 1

Think they have sent the hat round for donations to cover the payout old dee

Its got to be incredibly draining on all. Mentally, physically, spiritually as well as financially.

Its like decency just won the quaddy !!!

• Like 2

I wonder what Mathew Knights and Peter Jackson think about all this. They suffered the initial pain and humilation of the golden boys grand return.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 3

I'm guessing that if he has threatened to sue to it won't be for 'wrongful dismissal'. That is simply negotiating a contract on payout.

It is more likely to be that EFC did not have the systems and processes in place that ensured it fulfilled its Duty of Care to players. This will enable him to sue for damage to his career and lost future earnings because he won't be able to coach in the AFL etc etc.

The cunning so and so laid the groundwork for this when, under oath before Middleton J, he described what the saga has done to his reputation, his coaching career and how he was just doing what the club told him to do...a simple servant...there were footy managers, CEO's and a Board above him weren't there? No, not his fault. Ipso facto a law suit against EFC. If he had a coaching career of say 10 years this could be quite a pretty penny!

Just my guess but explains why the EFC didn't sack him today and have gone away to get legal advice (on...).

He is going to take the Club with him.

• Like 2

Oh I see what the issue is and why Mr Hird is making a high court challenge.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/bombers-to-be-investigated-over-supplements-20130205-2dvya.html

The ASADA and AFL investigate was to clear the Essendon FC of any wrong doing, but this did not happen.

Mr Hird has said "We want to get this investigation started..." and he is now challenging the legality of the investigation which he said he supported.

He recently tells us he has lodged an appeal to support the players but the player tried to talk him out of such action.

It would appear truth is not his strong point.

IMO it all about trying to save his reputation and delay the investigation.

The sad thing is that. even if he wins his case the ASADA/AFL investigation will simple start again.

My view is the AFL should make a very strong stand against any Club found to have a illegal drugs program.

I think further penalties against the EFC are required for again bring the game into disrepute.

Get your house in order EFC or lose your position in the AFL this has gone on far too long.

The firestorm closes in

post-32-0-00366600-1412226920_thumb.jpeg

Edited by beelzebub

The firestorm closes in

Why can't people just love me!

JamesHird.jpg

This is going to get so so messy and I'm loving every second of it! The perfect distraction to our problems, the virtual bottle of whiskey if you will.

• Like 3

Look up the Titus O'Reily Hird statement, brilliant.