If Clisby gets more weeks than C. Brown then...

DeeSpencer

Can anyone please indicate which quarter and rough time it occurred so I don't have to trawl thru a whole game again.

Cheers

Can anyone please indicate which quarter and rough time it occurred so I don't have to trawl thru a whole game again.

Cheers

The incident occurred pretty early in the second quarter (to the best of my recollection).

BUT - the mongrels on Fox didn't show a proper reply of the incident until much later and they only showed a decent reply of it ONCE - perhaps in the third quarter. It's this reply that clearly demonstrated that it was a deliberate, low dog, criminal act.

I reckon Strauss should sue the scumbag. I really like Craig, but I was a bit disappointed he didn't mention the incident in the presser following the game.

I thought it was a deliberate act as it was pretty clear that there were two movements of the foot, the first was from falling over (which, if he had struck Strauss then, would have been accidental) and the second was when, whilst on the ground, he moved his foot towards Strauss' face.

I don't think he intended to break his nose but throwing your studded boot into the face of another player is just about as reckless as it can get on the footy field.

Strauss is lucky he only has a broken nose and he didn't cop a stud in the eye.

He deserves a severe ban for this incident - I would have thought 6-8 weeks before his bad record / carry over points are taken into account.

Cheers

It was the first minute of the 3rd q, he very definitely kicked him in the face. It was an action with one leg and he kicked out directly at the face.

It was the first minute of the 3rd q, he very definitely kicked him in the face. It was an action with one leg and he kicked out directly at the face.

Yep. If using the smart replay on the AFL site click on the second goal of the third quarter and it's about 10 seconds after that.

To see the close replay change the 'event' to behinds and click on the first behind of the third. It's about 30 on.

Edited by Trisul

Don't understand how that can be seen as accidental.. It is completely inhumane that when lying on your back you kick your foot out.. when you should be trying to place both feet on the ground to enable yourself to get up..

This is a very important moment for the match review panel and if this isn't even looked at, than I'll be banging down the radios further than before. If this happened to a Collingwood player it'd be all over the news. Campbell Brown is a dog.. I don't like the word, but once is an accident.. twice is stupidity, three times is thuggery however, this would be close on Brown's 5th or 6th offence of this nature. Kick him out.

think your right dl7

the AFL has been hoping for a monster tribunal charge and hopefully involving buddy, coll

this would have given them a chance to release ess penalty with another major story going

but alas it was just a Melbourne player and our own gc, nothing exciting here vlad

Edited by jazza

It was apparently 2nd quarter.

Not sure when.

I should've know better than to trust the Herald Sun.

It happened with 19mins to play in the 3rd quarter, with a close up replay on the fox broadcast with 17mins 36secs to play, immediately after Sexton kicked a behind.

Deliberate, no doubt.

There's a bit of history between Brown and Strauss.

Both educated at that bastion of Calvinist Christian conservatism: Scotch College, and when they first met on the field in (I think) round one 2010 apparently Brown told Strauss that if ever he (Brown) saw Strauss on the field again he'd fix him up!!!

I think Mr Brown needs some of his own medicine.

Both educated at that bastion of Calvinist Christian conservatism: Scotch College, and when they first met on the field in (I think) round one 2010 apparently Brown told Strauss that if ever he (Brown) saw Strauss on the field again he'd fix him up!!!

well if they went to scotch. I would be wondering what the term FIX YOU UP means

boys will be boys

I can further this story.. Remember a friend telling me he alleged Brown told him 'he was a sh*t c***, and that he wouldn't waste his spit on the worst player on the field.' Along those lines.. Think the guy has issues

Even without the history ??? of the two

the incident looked perhaps accidental/deliberate in real time and did have significant result

In replay it certainly looked deliberate

the review panel should take action on the result alone

they should be seen to take action to protect the head as the result could have been significantly worse.

I can further this story.. Remember a friend telling me he alleged Brown told him 'he was a sh*t c***, and that he wouldn't waste his spit on the worst player on the field.' Along those lines.. Think the guy has issues

I highly dislike Brown (I started this thead) but I don't mind that tactic! Some of our players could do with using intimadation if it will work.

It always gave me the shits when Aaron Davey at the peak of his powers never wanted to make an indigenous opponent look bad. It was like the brotherhood meant more than the jumper to him.

We need to instill the good bits of Campbell Brown into our players because we'd have won more than 2 games this year if our guys attacked the contest like he did. I'd take Browns aggression in Watts talent any day of the week even if he missed half a season suspended

Im happy he got weeks.. But it begs the question if you throw a punch to the face, you get two weeks.. He has used a weapon in that of the studs of his boots and received only an extra week and that includes his history and bad record.

Great that he's gone for the year.. But still confused

Master

there was definitely a keener edge to the game on saturday

any player who went near Gablett left there arm hanging out to wind him and there was a fair bit of flying the flag in the scuffles

Seemed a fairly cohesive and supportive team most of the night. A couple of the suns breaks did occur as players got loose coz their opponent was looking after his mates

As we won evrywhere but on the scoreboard I thought this wasnt a bad thing although it frustrated me at the time