Mitch Clark

Demonland

Me too

That is what worries me the most.

I don't think anyone knew then and I still don't think they do.

quite frankly its starting to sound like sugar coated bullshlt !!
  • Like 2

2 years at $800,000 and he has played 15 games.

Over $100,000 per game.

value huh !!!

I don't understand these comments. If he was a lazy player bringing the club into disrepute I could see the point. But he isn't. Injuries happen to players on both high and low salaries. And I'm sure he's hurting not being out there far more than any supporters who wish to quibble about the money.

• Like 13

I don't understand these comments. If he was a lazy player bringing the club into disrepute I could see the point. But he isn't. Injuries happen to players on both high and low salaries. And I'm sure he's hurting not being out there far more than any supporters who wish to quibble about the money.

I havent commented.

I stated the facts as i know them without any opinion.

Smart move, but lets hope he can recover fully. I trust the club has got the best medical advice and will support him to get him right for pre season.

Haven't given up on him. He is still young, and there is five to seven good years left in him if he can get his foot and his head space right.

Fingers and toes crossed!

• Like 2

It's crap like this that keeps happening to us that makes me want to strangle anyone who says we don't need draft assistance to make us competitive.

In case that sentence was too full of double negatives, let me spell it out for you:

H E L P

• Like 5

Ffs.. Hes getting top whack and's hardly on the park . Wheres the friggin value in that.

Its just a black and white evaluation . Take all the hype and emotion away and we arent getting much in return. Thats the cold hard reality.

• Like 1

Ffs.. Hes getting top whack and's hardly on the park . Wheres the friggin value in that.

Its just a black and white evaluation . Take all the hype and emotion away and we arent getting much in return. Thats the cold hard reality.

This is a complete irrelevancy.

It is salary cap money, which we have to pay someone. Injuries happen.

Who the frig else would you suggest we pay his wage too??

• Like 3

I don't understand why this club has had so many foot injuries. The injury report 3 or so weeks ago had Clarke, Evans, Viney, Jamar and we had Trengrove at the start of preseason (I think there was 1 more but I can't remember who it was).

IMO surely it has to be wrong footwear. I looked at other clubs injury lists and I could see barely any foot injuries - yet how can we have had 5?

• Like 1

That is another story Undeeterred

However I and others have been there often

Why should we have to pay the same as Hawthorn?

Sorry I am getting on my hobby horse.

god help some of you if in business plssing away money.

The notion of having to pay 'someone's is THE irrelevancy. Look at Clark in isolation . If he cant take the park youd be better off paying for someone who can.

Edited by belzebub59

That is another story Undeeterred

However I and others have been there often

Why should we have to pay the same as Hawthorn?

Sorry I am getting on my hobby horse.

I completely agree - we should be able to pay about 50% of the cap, rather than front loading anyone, but that's the system as it stands.

I don't understand why this club has had so many foot injuries. The injury report 3 or so weeks ago had Clarke, Evans, Viney, Jamar and we had Trengrove at the start of preseason (I think there was 1 more but I can't remember who it was).

IMO surely it has to be wrong footwear. I looked at other clubs injury lists and I could see barely any foot injuries - yet how can we have had 5?

maybe its kicking techniques they are trained to use

god help some of you if in business plssing away money.

The notion of having to pay 'someone's is THE irrelevancy. Look at Clark in isolation . If he cant take the park youd be better off paying for someone who can.

Firstly, the business we are running is part of a competition whose rules say that a certain amount of money MUST be spent.

You're not taking account of the environment the football club is in, it is completely different to what you would call 'business' and I'm not advocating paying unnecessary wages if you are running, say, a small business. That's not comparing apples with apples.

Secondly, and I reiterate, who else would you be paying - who is the 'someone who can'? The truck load of free agents we had last season just begging to come to Melbourne? Get real!

Firstly, the business we are running is part of a competition whose rules say that a certain amount of money MUST be spent.

You're not taking account of the environment the football club is in, it is completely different to what you would call 'business' and I'm not advocating paying unnecessary wages if you are running, say, a small business. That's not comparing apples with apples.

Secondly, and I reiterate, who else would you be paying - who is the 'someone who can'? The truck load of free agents we had last season just begging to come to Melbourne? Get real!

went right through to the keeper didnt it.

How about you tightasses focus on his recovery and future value rather than the current ROI?

Seriously he is injured, these things happen, especially to us. He has been worth every cent. Who would you rather give the cash to? Sylvia? Jamar? Gillies?

• Like 9

Wonder what the return on investment is up to this point in time?

Hopefully he is back bigger and better next season but geez it ain't lookin good.

Not quoting big % on the first part and certainly agree in wishing him back on the park in 14

Good job we have Hogan coming in

How about you tightasses focus on his recovery and future value rather than the current ROI?

Seriously he is injured, these things happen, especially to us. He has been worth every cent. Who would you rather give the cash to? Sylvia? Jamar? Gillies?

Gillies he should be paying us

• Like 2

I think this is a great call by the club. You don't mess around with these injuries. Far better to put him on ice for the rest of the season and be absolutely sure that he is recovered than to rush him back for a token game or two when the season is already shot. With patience and luck we will see him fit and firing next season.

This also has to be seen as a positive for the development of our other forwards. They are all getting more game time and more exposure to pressure without him on the field. In particular Fitzpatrick who is going to play the rest of the season barring health problems and will continue to improve with the game-time.

how about we look beyond all the luvvy dovey and get players that can stay on the non-injured list ?

I couldn't care nor ever have for individuals or and attachment thereto come footy

I follow the team. Can we get a best 22 to play with some consistency and continuity ?

I wish Clark well as a bloke but hes not adding to the gameday and Thats when the real work is done...the stuff that counts.

If hes unable to play fit in 14 then quite simply he oughtnt be on the list.

• Like 3

Thats rubbish, he hasn't been worth every cent, he's been sidelined for nearly 1.5 seasons, lets hope he recovers and plays well again though, best of luck to him.
  • Like 5