Wooden spoon possible :(

darkhorse72

Just looking at the GWS v us fixtures for the final rounds. While we play some "average' side, our form suggested we wont win anyone including the Suns and Doggies. GWS also play a couple of those sides and their improving form means they may pinch one and move above us on percentage.

Wil we be accused of tanking? again...

The boys need to get their act together as getting the spoon over GW would be the icing on the cake :(

Just looking at the GWS v us fixtures for the final rounds. While we play some "average' side, our form suggested we wont win anyone including the Suns and Doggies. GWS also play a couple of those sides and their improving form means they may pinch one and move above us on percentage.

Wil we be accused of tanking? again...

The boys need to get their act together as getting the spoon over GW would be the icing on the cake :(

For your own sanity just write this year off mate, let PJ get things in order and we will see where we end up next year, might be a totally different footy club by then.

• Like 1

For your own sanity just write this year off mate, let PJ get things in order and we will see where we end up next year, might be a totally different footy club by then.

yeah just forget the year, worst in the history of the club.

i wouldnt be so angry with the wooden spoon.

if we were to get Tom Boyd, he'd be a very valuable trade asset.

it's a shthouse year and i dont care where we finish anymore

GWS won't let Boyd slip through.

when we get flogged by the Suns the AFL will have no choice, the expansion clubs have already passed us, pick 1 and 3 are ours.

We tanked in 2008 because, in retrospective, the team was better than what it was outputting. If THAT team was a 3 or 4 win side, that team would destroy the current team.

We actually deserve the spoon sadly.

Yes, the GWSGs have performed more frequently at a higher level of competence.

Even if the Dees squeak another win to make things more comfy I reckon the number of unqualified stinkers we've already put in certainly qualifies the club as the worst.

when we get flogged by the Suns the AFL will have no choice, the expansion clubs have already passed us, pick 1 and 3 are ours.

I would like to hope so (mainly so we can trade for a good mid) but Demonland has begun to think that even if we dont finish last the AFL are just going to hand us pick 1.

We shouldn't just assume this because it can only end badly (e.g. we get a pp at the end of round 2).

Is there any basis behind this idea we are getting pick 1?

Yes, the GWSGs have performed more frequently at a higher level of competence.

Even if the Dees squeak another win to make things more comfy I reckon the number of unqualified stinkers we've already put in certainly qualifies the club as the worst.

Yes that is shown in the ladder where GWS is 1% ahead of us.

Edited by Young Dee

We tanked in 2008 because, in retrospective, the team was better than what it was outputting. If THAT team was a 3 or 4 win side, that team would destroy the current team.

You mean 2009.

2008 I'm pretty sure we legitimately stunk, same as 2007 and 2012 and this year. But for 3 or 4 games towards the end of 2009 we didn't play to our full potential yet still nearly beat Richmond and we end up paying for it.

We should do what we can to avoid the wooden spoon. Unfortunately we have 3 away games against Gold Coast, Adel and Bulldogs at Etihad and only one home game against Freo. We won't get close to another win.

• Like 1

How could we not be given a before R1 PP? Boyd is ours anyway.

I reckon this is a silly assumption. Everyone is getting carried away, particularly on the trade/draft threads (myself included) and seems to assume that we are going to get a top of first round priority pick.

We'll be extremely lucky if this happens but we definitely should not count on it.

• Like 1

The list is mentally shot. It will take the BEST coaches to resurrect anything out of them.

They don't even trust themselves.

We need Roos AND Choco on board and i would still keep Neil Craig on the payroll.

The playrs need him as a soundboard.

CC cannot return. He was part of this complete failure.

If he wishes to spruik for the club he can do it away from the FD on a part time contract!!!

I would like to hope so (mainly so we can trade for a good mid) but Demonland has begun to think that even if we dont finish last the AFL are just going to hand us pick 1.

We shouldn't just assume this because it can only end badly (e.g. we get a pp at the end of round 2).

Is there any basis behind this idea we are getting pick 1?

How can the AFL justify GWS getting 4 number 1 picks in 3 yrs and buddy on top of that, pick 1 and 3 are ours and we deserve them, Didnt Richmond finish last when the blues got Kruezer?

The list is mentally shot. It will take the BEST coaches to resurrect anything out of them.

They don't even trust themselves.

We need Roos AND Choco on board and i would still keep Neil Craig on the payroll.

The playrs need him as a soundboard.

CC cannot return. He was part of this complete failure.

If he wishes to spruik for the club he can do it away from the FD on a part time contract!!!

I fail to see one thing Craig has achieved at Melbourne.
  • Like 1

he should have usurped Neeld on decisions much earlier i agree.

Even he would agree now. But he has vast knowledge that we will need because this list needs to be stripped back to absolute bare bones.

Don't forget Craig came in late on the implosion. Most of the damage was done.

It is not the coach that is the problem.

WE simply do not have the cattle.

JC could not get better results from this mob.

No matter who is appointed for 2014 they will need to begin a big rebuild of the playing group.

That is IMO going to take 3 years.

So mjt this time next year be prepared for a similar postion where it will look like the coach has not achieved all that much.

How can the AFL justify GWS getting 4 number 1 picks in 3 yrs and buddy on top of that, pick 1 and 3 are ours and we deserve them, Didnt Richmond finish last when the blues got Kruezer?

How can the AFL justify giving us a priority pick after we tanked to get the last one?

Instead of us having to pay the $500,000 to the AFL as punishment they are giving us 2-3 million to help our faliure of developing so many high picks.

How can the AFL justify giving us a priority pick after we tanked to get the last one?

Instead of us having to pay the $500,000 to the AFL as punishment they are giving us 2-3 million to help our faliure of developing so many high picks.

Ahhh Grasshopper, the mists of confusion will clear in time.

Consider the two sides of reasoning applied by the AFL as akin to a mobius strip.!!!! ^_^

Edited by belzebub59

Ver

Ahhh Grasshopper, the mists of confusion will clear in time.

Consider the two sides of reasoning applied by the AFL as akin to a mobius strip.!!!! ^_^

very mystic today bb!

Priority picks are a massive red herring. Fool's Gold even. No matter how many high picks we are gifted, they are not going to help us unless we get our player development right. As handy as it might be to get pick 1 and trade it off for a quality mid or two, it is a bandaid solution to a deep-rooted problem and I would prefer the club to address the issue head-on instead of covering it up again. There is a massive flaw in our system that leads so many talented players to fail to reach their potential, and we need to identify the deficiency and fix it before we can get the club moving in the right direction.

• Like 3