Watts waiting on coaching appointment

Balls

sue...yes headlines are headlines

but actions are actions..

I can't imagine getting anything better than pick 30 for him or a back up midfielder who played VfL for most of the year.

If Watts wants to go to Carlton I'd be wanting Robinson, Yarran or McLean as a straight swap. I don't care about the past with McLean, I just want a decent midfielder.

No tanks.

• Like 5

Fark me ..What a weak character .. Don't even try and persuade him to stay.. If I don't like the new Coach I will take my ball and go home !! We have had enough of that culture.. He is now showing me his on field "non performances" are completely in line with his "soft C...k" character.. Bye Mr. Watts..... I would keep a genuine tryer with the club at heart not a person who grizzles because the coach might not suit HIS demands.. Get rid of these types.. We need to start getting serious in this once great club...I wouldn't play him at all ...From now !! :mad: ..

I don't often see eye to eye with you Soxy but on this one i'm with you.

SOFT SOFT SOFT!!! Both mentally and physically.

It was Watts earlier in the year who whined and went sooky sooky la la in public interview after a loss about being dissapointed that he wasn't playing in a team with any decent leaders like Selwood, Hodge etc. No matter how much you might desire that, IMO if you are a team player you just wouldn't go public about it. There's nothing TEAM orientated in that or this bloke's behavior on and off the field. He's a liability and has been carried and given too much leeway by all at the club. And yes that includes Craig. Stand up and have some balls Craigy and call it for what it is mate. The bloke can hold out but don't make a bloody song and dance of it via Manager. He just aint THAT good yet. Honor before honors Mr Craig.

Another negative cross against appointing Craig. I'm tending more and more towards Choco as the days pass (assuming Roos is unavailable as stated).

Watts doesn't or isn't willing to do the hard 1 percenter team things on the field either that might inspire a hard nosed coach and FD to want to continue putting time/effort & $$ into. He plays a "bruise free" selfish style of game with a few minor exceptions demonstrated over 4 years. He isn't alone in that regard (ie., not being hard nosed at the ball/carrier, doing the critical 1 percenters etc) and certainly not expecting a Nathan Jones type, but i'd take a Kent/Howe/Terlich/Grimes type attitude with some reasonable talent over a primadona like Watts anyday.

Time to trade for a half decent mid fielder and reasonable draft pick.

One of the biggest mistakes (of many) this club has made in the last decade was not going after Nic Nat and instead putting their blind faith in this bloke.

His rankings vs the rest of his 37 team mates (that had played up to Round 15 against the Swans on which these stats are taken) are as follows......

Contested 15th (no i'm not expecting a mid field/on baller result here)

Uncontested 17th (not so good given he plays most of the time in space/getting away from his opponent or playing loose down back for the most part of the first half of the season)

Effective Disposals 13th (a pass mark but not setting the world on fire)

Effective Disposal % 8th (a good result but has a below average disposal count vs top 18. Just doesn't get enough of it to be damaging)

Clangers 31st (positive result as you would expect given his disposal effectiveness %)

Contested Marks 9th (average ranking vs top 18 regulars)

Goal Assists 16th

Marks i50 4th (competitive effort but even Fitzy is up on him here at no. 3 and he's only had a handfull of games)

1 Percenters 15th (Bettered by Pedo, Sellar, Strauss, Nicho and even newcomer Clisby!)

Kicks 17th (simply doesn't get enough of it himself unless someone's giving it to him on a platter)

Handballs 15th (as above)

Inside 50s 23rd

Tackles 34th (only beaten to the bottom by 3 others..... Clisby [35th], Blease [36th] and Gillies [37th])

Basically Watts is sitting on the outer edge in most comparative stats vs his team mates (ie., sitting a little inside the top 18 rankings/players on most stats) with the exception of contested marks (9th), Marks i50 (4th) and effective disposal percentage (8th overall). His tackle ranking at 34 is IMO a solid indicator of a man that is either unable or unwilling to impose himself on his opponent and the contest when he doesn't have the ball. I certainly wouldn't want that level of committment in a team member going into a big game where everything's on the line in the clinches.

Time to part company with Jack Watts IF we can get some value for our severly under-manned mid field stocks.

Edited by Rusty Nails
  • Like 4

Unreal,is this where we slag off Watts because he is not Fijian and bag his ticker?

Sadly, he's our best player.

He is worth about 350-400 a year.

• Like 1

Given the unqualified support given by some at the club and some supporters, what a surprise that JW would dare to make a rational decision about his career! He will be a great player with the MFC or somewhere else. He (and we, the loyal supporters of the club) is one of a large group of players who have been badly let down by people who not only should have known better, we're exceedingly well paid to know better. The measure of the new administration will be their ability to hold on to JW and those others.

Unreal,is this where we slag off Watts because he is not Fijian and bag his ticker?

Sadly, he's our best player.

He is worth about 350-400 a year.

Hes far from our best player...Jonesy leaves him in his dust.. Ive (really ) been a bit of a fan over his journey, but its wearing thin

• Like 1

Is there any significance in being B and F at the Dees Moon?

its a litmus if nothing else. What else to gauge by ?

Is there any significance in being B and F at the Dees Moon?

Wouldn't be unfair if they suspended it to all except about 5 players this season.

• Like 1

Top 5 best player.

I should clarify.

He is often our best player.

But his bad days can be pretty bad .

We been through this before.... we'll all have to go through the Scully, Jurrah thing again....

I've been hearing all year that Carlton are massively into Watts.... They might already have their man.... Again