Agree Ben, there is no pleasure in seeing someone get so stressed that their health suffers from a voluntary office. None of us know what Evans knew and to see him getting sick from trying to save his club is sad.

BTW I could never hate any other club as much as I hate Carlton.

hate us..too busy laughing at us.

yeah...lets be the ones everyone likes..Honestly whats that about ?

Some may misconstrue my thinkings. I take no particular pleasure in someones health issues. But lets take a step back and view with some rationality ...shall we.

Who was in charge, who are the "buck -stoppers " in this club Who get paid a real lot of moula to take the reins of these clubs ??

And when they FARK UP big time...they suffer the same anxieties and guilts together with nausious realisation of the poo they are in.. Somehow though THEY are the victims ?? get outta town.

In only a minimal way I feel for the players but then again they ought not be so bloody gullible and have the wherewithall to question things in their lives. Oh wait I hear...but theyre only babies... Theyre bloody rich babies , who invariably have mums and dads who are often mentoring them throughout their early careers. So everyone turns a blind eye... More fool them

These are very serious indescretions. These guys literally play in the big league. And those that lead them are seriously in the BIG league. These people have rolled the dice and sometimes without really explaining to others what the consequences are/were

5-2... 2-5... 6-1.... 1-6.... 3-4.... 4-3 !!!!! :huh:

• Like 1

I cant believe how selfish Hird is starting to appear. From a neutral unbiased POV he appears to be selling his players down the river for lengthy suspensions in order to save his own skin. Turning on AD and the AFL who it appears were trying to minimise the impact on the club because it may cause his own demise. His inability to take responsibility for his own actions after he said he would. Allowing loyal servants of the club to take the rap whilst pathetically proclaiming his innocence and making legal threats to all and sundry. And also the unseemly stab in the back he did to Knights previously. He may go down as one of the slickest slimiest snake oil merchants of all time once all his schtick is exposed.

• Like 4

I cant believe how selfish Hird is starting to appear. From a neutral unbiased POV he appears to be selling his players down the river for lengthy suspensions in order to save his own skin. Turning on AD and the AFL who it appears were trying to minimise the impact on the club because it may cause his own demise. His inability to take responsibility for his own actions after he said he would. Allowing loyal servants of the club to take the rap whilst pathetically proclaiming his innocence and making legal threats to all and sundry. And also the unseemly stab in the back he did to Knights previously. He may go down as one of the slickest slimiest snake oil merchants of all time once all his schtick is exposed.

Brilliant.

Why don't we worry about fixing our own back yard before we gloat over another teams mismanagement.

we have enough problems of our own to be concerned about.

Don't wrory about that. There are threads adnauseum on our problems. This is good therapy for the downtrodden. This is a free country. You dont have to read this thread. Edited by america de cali
  • Like 5

My feelings are Essendon were guilty when i watched the Press Conference on February 4.

The 3 of them looked totally cooked. They knew.

James "i take full responsibility" Hird.

(The spin doctors) media managers and legal teams have advised Hird to dig in which he has done so far, but he started to crack on friday night.

There will be a lot unfold this week.

• Like 1

Bomba may be playing a very clever game here. He might be one of the few to come out of this amazing fiasco smelling of roses. Next coach?

Was Danks at Thompson's Geelong when they suddenly went from handbags to musclemen? Just a question.

• Like 2

Dean Robinson's tell-all interview about Bombers delayed

DEPARTED Essendon high performance manager Dean Robinson's tell-all TV interview will air later this week after it is reviewed by legal experts.

A spokesperson from the Seven Network confirmed on Sunday night that filming had taken place over the weekend and finished late on Sunday afternoon.

The interview, which also features Robinson's wife, Tori, will not air on Monday night, as reported earlier on Sunday.

Covering their azz. Every single word will be checked and rechecked.

Ch7 do not want to get sued over this one!!

there is a strong Essendon connection at 7 as well, they may be giving them an airing, & some time. & the AFL may have spoken.

there is a strong Essendon connection at 7 as well, they may be giving them an airing, & some time. & the AFL may have spoken.

Having cut stories for 7.30 Report years ago it will be for legal reasons.

Essendon will be looking at every way to bring this down, so 7 have to cover themselves rock solid.

they already would have had legal lined up - they knew what to expect

either

the material was hotter than they thought

the station is trying to drum up a bigger audience

they have been threatened by an possible injunction

someone(s) (with influence) is pushing hard to have material deleted

Ch7 got cold feet on some aspects

an interesting time ahead

now for danks to spill his guts (i wish)

• Like 1

they already would have had legal lined up - they knew what to expect

either

the material was hotter than they thought

the station is trying to drum up a bigger audience

they have been threatened by an possible injunction

someone(s) (with influence) is pushing hard to have material deleted

Ch7 got cold feet on some aspects

an interesting time ahead

now for danks to spill his guts (i wish)

also a 24 hour turn around for an interview like this.

To wind up filming on sunday afternoon is just to short a time for editing and then legal checks.

Edited by why you little

also a 24 hour turn around for an interview like this.

To wind up filming on sunday afternoon is just to short a time for editing and then legal checks.

so why did they advertise it for monday when they knew the interview would be done over sat/sun?

I went out for dinner tonight and a Bomber supporter with strong connections to the club said he was still very confident that no Essendon player would be disqualified as a result of the ASADA investigation. His mail is that the AFL wants it all to go away and he believes that the James Hird version of the AD tip off story is the correct one. He also said that the leading journos had a lot more information about the behind the scenes machinations that are yet to be revealed.

The Bomber fan isn't impressed with Peter Jackson but I think that's because he's a Sheedy loyalist and Jacko was the CEO who sacked Sheedy and appointed Matthew Knights.

He's resigned to the fact that regardless of the outcome of the enquiry, he doesn't think Essendon will play finals this year and that they're going to be a couple mill light on in the pocket.

so why did they advertise it for monday when they knew the interview would be done over sat/sun?

probably hoping that the interview was finished earlier,The Weapon may have said more than they thought.

You can be sure the journo and editor will be working all night tonight. They need to cut and probably recut multiple versions to satisfy legal.

Edited by why you little

I went out for dinner tonight and a Bomber supporter with strong connections to the club said he was still very confident that no Essendon player would be disqualified as a result of the ASADA investigation. His mail is that the AFL wants it all to go away and he believes that the James Hird version of the AD tip off story is the correct one. He also said that the leading journos had a lot more information about the behind the scenes machinations that are yet to be revealed.

The Bomber fan isn't impressed with Peter Jackson but I think that's because he's a Sheedy loyalist and Jacko was the CEO who sacked Sheedy and appointed Matthew Knights.

He's resigned to the fact that regardless of the outcome of the enquiry, he doesn't think Essendon will play finals this year and that they're going to be a couple mill light on in the pocket.

So he had nothing to say about Golden Boys future?

hate us..too busy laughing at us.

yeah...lets be the ones everyone likes..Honestly whats that about ?

Some may misconstrue my thinkings. I take no particular pleasure in someones health issues. But lets take a step back and view with some rationality ...shall we.

Who was in charge, who are the "buck -stoppers " in this club Who get paid a real lot of moula to take the reins of these clubs ??

And when they FARK UP big time...they suffer the same anxieties and guilts together with nausious realisation of the poo they are in.. Somehow though THEY are the victims ?? get outta town.

In only a minimal way I feel for the players but then again they ought not be so bloody gullible and have the wherewithall to question things in their lives. Oh wait I hear...but theyre only babies... Theyre bloody rich babies , who invariably have mums and dads who are often mentoring them throughout their early careers. So everyone turns a blind eye... More fool them

These are very serious indescretions. These guys literally play in the big league. And those that lead them are seriously in the BIG league. These people have rolled the dice and sometimes without really explaining to others what the consequences are/were

5-2... 2-5... 6-1.... 1-6.... 3-4.... 4-3 !!!!! :huh:

Clubs like Essendon are born of entitlement and a plethora of excuses are now being raised to mitigate their behaviour. Whatever it takes says all you need to know about Essendon. They now need to take the public's medicine, in public.

• Like 3

So he had nothing to say about Golden Boys future?

Thinks the golden boy will survive. He's a very strong supporter of Hird and believes Hird's version of the AD tip off scandal as revealed here -

REVEALED: How Essendon coach James Hird and AFL traded barbs over drugs scandal.

I'm not so sure that Hird can beat the might of the AFL commission or that he's innocent in all this but we'll see on 5 August, I suppose.

Roll up Roll up

take your seats ladies and gentlemen for the stoush of the Cennnttttuuurrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !!!!

In the Red corner... litte golden boy Hirdy aka "David"

In the Black corner.....the current champeeeeeeeenn !!! Vlad the Goliath !!!

This IS going to be interesting. Cant be two winners here !!