Mike Brady to write us a new song

DeeVoted

Mike Brady has volunteered his services to write us a new song.

Now before anyone jumps up and down, that it is going to replace A grand Old Flag, NOT so.

Neil Mitchell on 3AW is taking suggestions. ,then Brady will pen the song.

I am not a huge Mitchell fan, but its something positive and if it helps our footy club, (one hopes) good for him.

It is a work in progress atm, so be interesting to hear what he comes up with.

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/neil-mitchell-blog/mike-bradys-new-football-song/20130725-2qknf.html

• Like 1

Mike Brady has volunteered his services to write us a new song.

Now before anyone jumps up and down, that it is going to replace A grand Old Flag, NOT so.

Neil Mitchell on 3AW is taking suggestions. ,then Brady will pen the song.

I am not a huge Mitchell fan, but its something positive and if it helps our footy club, (one hopes) good for him.

It is a work in progress atm, so be interesting to hear what he comes up with.

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/neil-mitchell-blog/mike-brady-to-write-a-song-to-galvanise-the-demons/20130614-2o7w9.html

Where does it fit in if it doesn't replace Grand Old Flag?

• Like 3

Where does it fit in if it doesn't replace Grand Old Flag?

shh No logical questions please ..lol

• Like 2

I have a lot of respect for Mike Brady. 'Up there Cazaly' and 'One day in September' are great historical footy songs. Who else better to write a song to help boost up the whole club through troubled times.

They will still run out to 'It's a Grand Old Flag', but who's to say it won't be a song they can pump themselves up with before they run out.

Little bit about Mike Brady

- Board member on the Prostate Cancer Foundation Australia Victorian Board

- Board director of Variety Victoria and is a Life Member of the organisation
- Patron of the Bali Children Foundation
- Patron of the Australian Huntington's Disease Association (Vic)
- Involved with the Bluearth Foundation, Melbourne Legacy and the Yooralla Society
- Australia Day ambassador

*insert look to the past not the present, this sort of stuff is crap unless we are good type comments here*

Cmon the bag out schwab and stynes for this sort of thing, where is the anger and the vitriol now??? Get fired up demonland!

Totally agree alias. With Mike Brady penning the words / tune, I'll wager that 97.25% of us will love it!

As 'C'mon Demons' became a bit of a theme during the Northey era, let the new song become a booming crescendo for the era which is about to dawn!

Heard Mike Brady sing the song this morning. Thought It was really good. Should be podcast on 3AW later today or tomorrow?

• Like 1

*insert look to the past not the present, this sort of stuff is crap unless we are good type comments here*

Cmon the bag out schwab and stynes for this sort of thing, where is the anger and the vitriol now??? Get fired up demonland!

Mike Brady is a musician and not running the club. He can buy an expensive desk and sit at it designing blazers, logos and whiteboard wednesdays all day long as fair as I care.

So...what's the harm in this again? Provided that the song isn't woeful and doesn't get played every time we kick a goal, ala Gold Coast.

Chances are it will get played for a few weeks and then get shelved, rarely to be heard again. But it's at a unique point in the club's history. I like the idea, personally.

It's a grand old flag, it's a high-flying flag

It's the emblem for me and for you

It's the emblem of the team we love

The team of the red and the blue

Every heart beats true, for the red and the blue

As we sing this song to you

(what do we sing)

Should old acquaintance be forgot

Keep your eye on the red and the blue

Oh, the team played fine in the year Thirty-Nine,

We're the Demons that no one can lick, lick, lick

And you'll find us there at the final bell

With the spirit of Twenty-Six, Six, Six

Every heart beats true, for the red and the blue

As we sing this song to you

(what do we sing)

Should old acquaintance be forgot

Keep your eye on the red and the blue

I have heard the song in its raw format. I will reserve judgement until it is properly produced in a studio.

I'll say 'Its a grand old flag' is well and truly safe,and so it should be.

But lets not can the idea yet, it will have its day in the sun for awhile, then more than likely die off in time.

Looking on the bright side, perhaps it can he played at start of club functions to raise some much needed funds. Then ending with our real club song.

But its a refreshing change from reading all the dribble and negatives that have been written about our club over the last 12 months or more.

Edited by DeeVoted

If it's a good song....One that get the toes tapping and the hearts swelling.....You could play it over the summer months to encourage memberships and get the Melbourne Footy Club in the media during the off season....

Just a thought....

Well of course thered be..

"Lucky, youre @ AAMI !! "

there might be

"Up there Howey, up there and fly
Climb on a shoulder and showem your height
Up there Howey, take a hanger ag'in
Fight like a Demon, you're out there to win "

or the lesser know

"Rapt for Roos !! "

I have a lot of respect for Mike Brady. 'Up there Cazaly' and 'One day in September' are great historical footy songs. Who else better to write a song to help boost up the whole club through troubled times.

They will still run out to 'It's a Grand Old Flag', but who's to say it won't be a song they can pump themselves up with before they run out.

Little bit about Mike Brady

- Board member on the Prostate Cancer Foundation Australia Victorian Board

- Board director of Variety Victoria and is a Life Member of the organisation
- Patron of the Bali Children Foundation
- Patron of the Australian Huntington's Disease Association (Vic)
- Involved with the Bluearth Foundation, Melbourne Legacy and the Yooralla Society
- Australia Day ambassador

Aside from that Mike's also an advertising guru that a senior retired AAMI executive credited as creating the campaign platform that turned them into the huge business they are today.

Apart from that Mike's done NOTHING...NOTHING!!

"I invented the piano necktie"

• Like 1

Mike Brady wrote one of my favourite songs, The Courage In Their Eyes.

It was written for the 2000 Olympics and now is played before the big races at Caulfield for the MRC.

One of few songs that can get me emotional.

(I can't get no) Satisfaction, was written for us.

Recorded in 1965...say no more.

Certainly been plenty of useless information on the radio, however, "I try and I try and I try and I try" hasn't always been true.

Edited by P_Man
  • Like 1