Most important player

Ted Lasso

Most important player  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thought i would break up some of the negative threads at the moment,

who in your opinion is our most important player and why?

i would say in my opinion it's

1: Nathan jones ( heart and soul midfielder, spiritual leader and right in the middle where the battle is won and lost )

2: James Frawley ( gets the best forward week in week out under huge amounts of inside 50's)

3: Jack viney ( really is the future of our midfield and our club, future captain imo)

Edited by Demonfan26

1: Nathan jones ( heart and soul midfielder, spiritual leader and right in the middle where the battle is won and lost )

2: James Frawley ( gets the best forward week in week out under huge amounts of inside 50's)

3: Jack viney ( really is the future of our midfield and our club, future captain imo)

Vineys the next J Selwood, he made Jones look like a C Grader the other night, Frawley IMO is our most valuable player.
  • Like 1

Vineys the next J Selwood, he made Jones look like a C Grader the other night, Frawley IMO is our most valuable player.

Jones keeps getting hard tags, hoping as viney and co develop the pressure will come off him and he can keep improving, but yeah, Frawley is a gun.

1. Jack Watts. Still has the potential to be a massive force in the league

2. James Frawley. Solid as a rock down back

3. Jack Viney. The future of our midfield

4. Nathan Jones. Ultra-important, but is best served as the 3rd-4th midfielder in a finals side.

5. Mitch Clark. Our forward line is so much more dangerous with him there. When healthy, we could again become our most important player.

6. Colin Garland. The general down back, chance to take out the bluey this year.

7. Other (Fitzpatrick, Gawn, Dawes, Sylvia, Tom McDonald, Howe, Terlich, Toumpas). The development/presence of these guys is integral to our present and future

15. Grimes. Would like to see him at full strength for a whole season next year to make a proper judgement; although I see him as a decent b-grader

16. Trengove. Has probably dropped about 14-15 spots in two years; I'm beginning to lose hope.

Oh yeah, this kid named Jesse Hogan is pretty important too

1. Jack Watts. Still has the potential to be a massive force in the league

2. James Frawley. Solid as a rock down back

3. Jack Viney. The future of our midfield

4. Nathan Jones. Ultra-important, but is best served as the 3rd-4th midfielder in a finals side.

5. Mitch Clark. Our forward line is so much more dangerous with him there. When healthy, we could again become our most important player.

6. Colin Garland. The general down back, chance to take out the bluey this year.

7. Other (Fitzpatrick, Gawn, Dawes, Sylvia, Tom McDonald, Howe, Terlich, Toumpas). The development/presence of these guys is integral to our present and future

15. Grimes. Would like to see him at full strength for a whole season next year to make a proper judgement; although I see him as a decent b-grader

16. Trengove. Has probably dropped about 14-15 spots in two years; I'm beginning to lose hope.

Oh yeah, this kid named Jesse Hogan is pretty important too

I think Grimes and Trengove have a role in the team and are B grade player but not the out and out guns we hoped at this stage, Grimes was good early this year and trenners is probably a solid B grade mid because of his tackling, i think as the lists develop trenners will play hff and grimes will play hbf

Frawley at this stage.

Hogan in 2013 because he symbolises hope.

But Viney will be for the next 10 years

Don't want to fall into the trap of thinking Hogan will rescue us straight away, assuming clark and dawes are fit he will be our third forward and should give us a handy target, hoping for more in his first year might be abit foolish

I picked Viney because we need him to be a midfield superstar more than we need anything.

• Like 1

As Nasher alluded to - our 'Most Important Player' hasn't played a game of AFL yet.

It says alot about where we are, but it also, hopefully, says a great deal about where we can get to in a few years time.

Our forward line and back line are well stocked so the "most important" (biggest team loss - if injured/traded) would have to be a mid:

Current: Nathan Jones (if he goes down we have no midfield)

Future: Jack Viney (currently our leading young draftee - mid)

Could throw watts name under future (has Nick Rewoltd capabilities) but I am sick of putting any expectations on watts.

Don't really have any true back up for frawley...

You really thought you would break up negative threads, you know you are posting on Demonland right?

I agree with your first 2, further down somebody says Nathan Jones is a 3rd or 4th midfielder, obviously doesn't understand why he gets tagged every week

But I would add Trengove and Grimes as joint 3rd, Viney and Hogan I want to give another pre season to

• Like 1

Our most important player is clearly Chunk.

Without him we would have been history during Neelds time .

200 points plus thrashings may have ended the club.

He is our on-field captain .

Our most important player on field at the moment is either Frawley or Jones.

Hogan and Viney are important in the respect that they offer hope for the future and something for all the run down fans to look forward to which is very important.

• Like 1

Our most important player on field at the moment is either Frawley or Jones.

Hogan and Viney are important in the respect that they offer hope for the future and something for all the run down fans to look forward to which is very important.

I'd agree with this, and it's an important distinction. Most important on the field right now, and most important moving forward.

I really hate the idea of heaping pressure on another MFC saviour, but there's little doubting the importance of Hogan to this club. Viney not far behind.

I picked Nathan Jones.

All through this season when things were getting worse and worse he stood up and played good football when all around him were crumbling. His Courage to keep going in the face of adversity makes him my number one for this year. How this man is not captain is just beyond me.

Our side has a lot of gunna be's ( and i hope they are) but Jones is a FOOTBALLER.

I picked Nathan Jones.

All through this season when things were getting worse and worse he stood up and played good football when all around him were crumbling. His Courage to keep going in the face of adversity makes him my number one for this year. How this man is not captain is just beyond me.

Our side has a lot of gunna be's ( and i hope they are) but Jones is a FOOTBALLER.

In actual fact TD I think our sidehas way more "never be's"

I think Jesse Hogan and Jack Viney are going to be our poster boy players for the next 10 years, so that alone gives them a big measure of importance to us, as the club rises back to being a competitive unit we will be needing them to take up superstar status,

i feel the opportunity for Trenners and Grimes to reach such heights may have passed but that doesn't at all mean they can't be good players for us,

maybe trenners can be our luke ball and Grimes can play an enright role.

"Clearly the most important player on our list is the first genuine potential superstar this club has recruited in 40 years - Hogan.

Any other suggestion is madness."

That's where the thread is a little flawed - does it mean most important player "currently" or in "future".

And it could be argued viney is more important to the football clubin the future for if Hogan doesn't come through we still have Clark, Dawes, Watts and Fitzy (the first 2 for at least +5 years)

and is Hogan even officially on the list?

Edited by Young Dee

"Clearly the most important player on our list is the first genuine potential superstar this club has recruited in 40 years - Hogan.

Any other suggestion is madness."

That's where the thread is a little flawed - does it mean most important player "currently" or in "future".

And it could be argued viney is more important to the football clubin the future for if Hogan doesn't come through we still have Clark, Dawes, Watts and Fitzy (the first 2 for at least +5 years)

and is Hogan even officially on the list?

I mean of the players currently associated with MFC who is the most important for now and for the future, that would include Jesse Hogan