The Trade/Draft Rumour Mill

MadAsHell

Thanks for video link - did anyone else spot his major flaw - bounces ball with wrong hand!

I think he'd be great, although he's a run and carry rather than a tough nut, but he is a lovely left footer and wen don't have any of them and Hawthorn has about 15.

If he lives with Scully then he would take a bit of convincing by Roos to get him, but maybe Tom has taught him that money is everything adn if we offer him $500K a year he might bite.

As for draft pick, I think you will find Dees will be happy to give up pick 2 and 20 for him, provided they can get pick No.9 back off Giants.

• Like 2

I think hed be smart enough to not listen to anything that [censored] tells him

"Dylan your not allowed to use ANY of my stuff! Its all mine!'

"But Tom your so wealthy and overpaid, I didn't think you'd care.'

• Like 1

What did you say about Cam Pederson last pre season?

That he looked good in his highlights reel. Did you refute me at the time ? Well ? Did you ? Show me, as you clearly were well read at the time. And I can assure you that I hadn't seen more of him than you.

However, I've seen a lot of Shiel and am happy to go "all in". How about you ? Or do you merely snipe from the sidelines like a gutless squib ? Let me know.

Ok 2 put you all out of your misery I was speaking to a Sandy Dragons official today, he said and I quote " Your Mr Roos has spoken to Nate (Freeman) and said there is no reason why we won't take him at pick 2 unless we traded it before hand!" The word (I have heard) out of the club is that unless we can get Dylan Shiels we are keeping pick 2. So from that it is Shiels or Freeman, a win situation!

I've heard about the Roos - Freeman chat elsewhere. I know that Collingwood have told Nathan that they will pick him if he's there at 10, and I've heard that Port are heavily into him as well. I've watched Freeman play a few times and strongly feel that if he had been available to play more TAC Cup games in the last two years, he would have been in the conversation for top 5 a lot earlier. His speed is breathtaking, he would be an excellent addition to our midfield.

Journo's are starting to go with the belief that we won't pick Aish, and that he may possibly even slide out of the first 5 picks. Kolodjashnij and Freeman appear to be bolting up the ranks. FWIW, when the Ox declared that Shiel would be at Melbourne next year, Brett Anderson said that there was 'a bit of smoke around that'. I hope your source is on the mark DE, Shiel is probably the only player linked with us so far that I would be absolutely comfortable with us trading pick 2 for.

"Dylan your not allowed to use ANY of my stuff! Its all mine!'

"But Tom your so wealthy and overpaid, I didn't think you'd care.'

Hah hah, Dean Brogan was interviewed the other day on SEN, the Morning Glory boys asked him which teammate (Port or GWS) was the tightest. After a (very) brief pause, he named Tom Scully.

• Like 1

That he looked good in his highlights reel. Did you refute me at the time ? Well ? Did you ? Show me, as you clearly were well read at the time. And I can assure you that I hadn't seen more of him than you. However, I've seen a lot of Shiel and am happy to go "all in". How about you ? Or do you merely snipe from the sidelines like a gutless squib ? Let me know.

The issue here BH, is not your judgement of Cam Pederson, it's your judgement of your fellow posters. I had high hopes for Pederson too, but I did not go as far as saying he would be the recruit of the year. Everyone has an opinion, as supporters that's all we have. If you wanna pretend you sit on a higher pedestal, then expect to be taken to task.

In other words, stop being the ego maniac!

• Like 2

I don't know why the original post didn't use Roos' direct quote, as opposed to Ralph's, but Roos said this:

“All I can say is it is genuinely on the table. Clubs are sceptical, but if you are going to give up pick two it’s going to be a quality mid (in the draft), or (defender) Matthew Scharenberg so we want something in return. In terms of Rockcliff we would have been interested, but with a new coach (Justin Leppitsch) at Brisbane he would want to stay there. It’s that type of player, but he’s out.’’

Right. Thanks, TU. I stand corrected.

Anyway my Stu Dew rumour turned out to be on the money when Anderson went with it in the HUN an hour and a half later - unless his source was me? :)

Well odds were that you had to get one right

And sorry about that but my internet service is crap! Didn't mean to send same message 3 times! But what I say above is gospel as i have heard it. Relax and enjoy a bath with Radox...soothing

And sorry about that but my internet service is crap! Didn't mean to send same message 3 times! But what I say above is gospel as i have heard it. Relax and enjoy a bath with Radox...soothing

Just to make sure I didn't hear you wrong; are you Jewish?

• Like 2