The James Aish Thread

Aish is a household name in Adelaide and I'm sure they want him, so they may have to give a bit to get a bit. Sloane should be on the table if they are that keen, Aish has 10 to 12 years ahead of him and Sloane has maybe 6 or 7 so they have to weigh up the benefit of longer term against development.

If they think they are in the window they will hang on to Sloane, if they are doing a mini rebuild they might want Aish; it all depends on how good they think Aish is and how confident they are about luring him home in 2 to 3 years time.

In fact, what I can't understand is how Adelaide got the 2nd mini draft pick for Crouch for only pick 10 & an end-of-1st round compo pick.

Mind boggling.

I can only think that GWS were already tied into a trade with them for Luke Brown because of the shady deal they tried to do to keep O'Meara for themselves, and followed through due to Adelaide trying to help them out.

No way, that is ridiculous.

Toumpas very well might end up a better player than Crouch.

Between Aish or Kelly, one of them will end up better than Crouch, no doubt.

That's quite the high offer. But have you seen Crouch play? He's a star. I'm not convinced Aish or Kelly will. Hopefully if either of those guys are at Melbourne they do because with Couch I'm thinking the guy has multiple AA and over 20 brownlow votes on multiple years written all over him.

That's quite the high offer. But have you seen Crouch play? He's a star. I'm not convinced Aish or Kelly will. Hopefully if either of those guys are at Melbourne they do because with Couch I'm thinking the guy has multiple AA and over 20 brownlow votes on multiple years written all over him.

...and that's why he will stay at Adelaide. Would love to get him though.

Chris25 on Bigfooty recently updated his phantom draft. He still has Aish as pick 2:-

2. Melbourne - James Aish (183cm, 74kg midfielder - Norwood)

The top pure midfielder in the draft, Aish has been a star of the underage SANFL scene for a number of years now - he has also played in two senior grand finals, not looking out of place in either. Right from his league debut as a 16 year old, he has pretty much been spoken about as a potential #1 selection. And there is a good reason for such high acclaim. He already looks like a seasoned AFL player when he has the ball in hand. He has more time than anyone else on the field, seemingly always makes the right decision and uses the ball as well as anyone. It's his general football smarts and ability to work his way into space which makes him a better contested ball winner than his slight frame may lead you to believe. Gary Ablett is hardly a bull in at the centre bounces, but he can find the gaps better than anyone. So while Aish may largely be an outside player at first (which would be his only negative in my view) I think he'll become a complete midfielder in no time and will be someone to build a team around.

Chris25 on Bigfooty recently updated his phantom draft. He still has Aish as pick 2:-

"I think he'll become a complete midfielder in no time and will be someone to build a team around."

Hmmm. I know a club that could do with building a team.

Aish is a household name in Adelaide and I'm sure they want him, so they may have to give a bit to get a bit. Sloane should be on the table if they are that keen, Aish has 10 to 12 years ahead of him and Sloane has maybe 6 or 7 so they have to weigh up the benefit of longer term against development.

If they think they are in the window they will hang on to Sloane, if they are doing a mini rebuild they might want Aish; it all depends on how good they think Aish is and how confident they are about luring him home in 2 to 3 years time.

would Port like Aish?

what or who would they giveup for P2 & Aish?

• 1 month later...

Good story - no chance of drifting to us anyway but funny things do happen at the draft (like Grundy slipping to the late teens last year).

Two flags by 17 but the best is yet to come for footballer James Aish

Will be a very good player.

I think there's a good chance he could drift to Brisbane's Pick 7 which would be a great get for them. I couldn't see them passing him up.

Both Gibbs and Trengove came highly rated, both played against men as kids, both still yet to deliver.

I think Gibbs has delivered, I know he gets a lot of knocks but in most cases they are unfounded. He was a match winner this year.

• Like 1

Both Gibbs and Trengove came highly rated, both played against men as kids, both still yet to deliver.

Played his best footy against the tiges in that final this year. I still rate him as a pretty good player.

I think Gibbs has delivered, I know he gets a lot of knocks but in most cases they are unfounded. He was a match winner this year.

He finally had a decent year where he improved his midfield game. I don't call that "delivering" and certainly not when pick one was invested in you.

I agree about his 2013, but more of that is needed.