MFC Didn't Vote for Merger

Redleg

I was a member at the time and I never got a vote, but I still respect Tiger Ridley, it seems the only people that bring it up are ex Hawks players who are now commentators, I suppose Dermie got to keep the money rolling in so he can pay for his next facelift.

And you don't have to understand. And you can be horrified.

And you can still forgive those Melbourne people and move on.

i will do whatever i like thankyou.

I was at the Dallas Brooks Hall and to this day i will not forgive those who rigged the vote.

You can forgive if you wish.

• Like 1

i will do whatever i like thankyou.

I was at the Dallas Brooks Hall and to this day i will not forgive those who rigged the vote.

You can forgive if you wish.

You can do what you want. But if want a united club...

Get over it.

Get over it.

You no the old saying, winners are grinners and losers can please themselves.

Get over it.

and you think the club would have been unified after a merger?? Get real.

I was there in '87/'88 as were a lot of us.

The whole concept was a disgrace & then to not let financial members vote?

Shameful.

Maintain The Rage is my way.

• Like 1

and you think the club would have been unified after a merger?? Get real.

I shouldn't be amazed a your complete inability to comprehend what people say to you, and yet I constantly am.

• Like 3

I shouldn't be amazed a your complete inability to comprehend what people say to you, and yet I constantly am.

By that you are saying all would have been smooth sailing post '96 as the Dawks are you?

It was never going to work.

Why should i forgive those who wanted to kill my club.

I can co exist but i will not forgive because the vote was rigged.

If the vote had been legit that is a different matter.

Let's not forget the Fitzroy lion has been removed over time, for a soulless paddle pop.

• Like 1

I actually started the thread over my anger at a lie, that keeps getting perpetuated in the media.

It was not intended to dredge up the whole merger debate, as that is dead and buried.

I don't know enough about the facts you talk of Redleg re the proxy vote, but IMO I think you should call into SEN when Dermie is on and put him on the spot re this issue, he would if the shoe were on the other foot

I didn't hear the Germ say that but l will ring up next time he is on and tell him what l think, we did not vote for it!!!!

How's that bridge going guys??

FFS

Mods please shut down thread....

No different than listening to you cry and complain about Sylvia.

I find it funny that the same toffy private school tossers who rigged the merger vote are of a similar vintage to the current toffy, private school tossers (Stockdale, Kennett, Walker) who want to take over the club now and many on here advocate that they do so . The fact we are run by the Melbourne elite is the reason why we are a club with no soul. Jimmy tried to give the club back to the rank and file but was hamstrung by allegiances to his mates. Wake up. The longer we are a plaything of the Melbourne establishment, the longer we will be irrelevant.

Edited by Guest

I find it funny that the same toffy private school tossers who rigged the merger vote are of a similar vintage to the current toffy, private school tossers (Stockdale, Kennett, Walker) who want to take over the club now and many on here advocate that they do so . The fact we are run by the Melbourne elite is the reason why we are a club with no soul. Jimmy tried to give the club back to the rank and file but was hamstrung by allegiances to his mates. Wake up. The longer we are a plaything of the Melbourne establishment, the longer we will be irrelevant.

CBF you are a complete [censored] rabbiting on as you do about class this and class that, get a grip mate and take that chip off your shoulder that you have been carrying around since primary school

CBF you are a complete [censored] rabbiting on as you do about class this and class that, get a grip mate and take that chip off your shoulder that you have been carrying around since primary school

As I have said before, I call it as I see it. We have handed our club over to the same kind of blokes for the last fifty odd years. Deeluded talks about the people from the northern stands and to be honest, I have little idea about that. I have the feeling he is talking about the same toffs who have dragged the club down a mineshaft for that period of time.

The fact you have to resort to insults to precede your argument shows how little you have to show for yourself.

Edited by Guest

As I have said before, I call it as I see it. We have handed our club over to the same kind of blokes for the last fifty odd years. Deeluded talks about the people from the northern stands and to be honest, I have little idea about that. I have the feeling he is talking about the same toffs who have dragged the club down a mineshaft for that period of time.

The fact you have to resort to insults to precede your argument shows how little you have to show for yourself.

No, I just get upset with the way you have a habit of going on your class based rants, that tends to be all you show for yourself

No different than listening to you cry and complain about Sylvia.

Well it is actually seeing as you raised it, One concerns a tawdry episode in our clubs history from 1996 - a mere 17 yrs ago.

The other concerns an underperforming number 3 draft pick that has all the talent in the world, is in his 10th year at the club, should be a stand out leader on-field but for some reason is flightly and unreliable and who has never finished inside the top 5 in the B&F in that entire 10 year period.

So yeah I reckon they're different. And BTW you have never heard me cry.

• Like 1

No, I just get upset with the way you have a habit of going on your class based rants, that tends to be all you show for yourself

Just goes to show how little you read my posts.

I actually started the thread over my anger at a lie, that keeps getting perpetuated in the media.

It was not intended to dredge up the whole merger debate, as that is dead and buried.

not having ago at you Redleg

This is what always happens , some pecker in the media will bring it up to get a reaction and we all get [censored] as it was never a merger

and then it turns into a us vs them , the yes vs the no , the one that voted vs they that missed out

i hate it every time it comes up and do my best to keep away from these threads I too get very angry when I hear this crap in the media

and then we drive a wedge in between the members again , well done Dermie of whomever it was this time

I was a member back then , I voted as did my hawthorn wife ( now Melbourne ) as did many of my friends , who were members of both teams

we will never unite on this subject and there are members whom have never come back ,

learn to forgive and get over it , it was 17 years ago now move on

lets just all be Melbourne

Edited by markc
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 21/06/2013 at 7:02 PM, don't make me angry said:

Mfc did not vote to merge we voted to a take over the hawks, just like brisbane voted to take over fitzroo

I am so tired of people saying we were “taking over” Hawthorn. “Taking over” does not mean surrendering your mascot for the other one. Having yellow added and having a massive Hawk head covering most of your jumper.

You have no idea what a “take over” is. You want to see one? Look at St George Illawarra. When they “merged” they kept the exact same jumper, logo, with the ONLY differences were red added to the bottom of the sleeves (which was already a St George colour) and the words Illawarra added to the name and on the bottom of the logo. THAT was a takeover. Make no mistake, we were MERGING, not taking over.

Edited by Cassiew

12 minutes ago, Cassiew said:

I am so tired of people saying we were “taking over” Hawthorn. “Taking over” does not mean surrendering your mascot for the other one. Having yellow added and having a massive Hawk head covering most of your jumper.

Yet that is how Ian Ridley sold it to the past players. I contacted one of them, since I knew where he worked, and I remember him saying that Ian told us it was a takeover. Only on those terms did the past players swallow the scheme.

Those of us at DB Hall that night know what the real members thought, as opposed to the board with its dodgy proxies. Young supporters should also know that work had begun on a Supreme Court challenge to the result immediately after the meeting, particularly because of the lock out of several thousand members, although that became moot once the Hawthorn vote was known.

21 minutes ago, pitmaster said:

Yet that is how Ian Ridley sold it to the past players. I contacted one of them, since I knew where he worked, and I remember him saying that Ian told us it was a takeover. Only on those terms did the past players swallow the scheme.

Those of us at DB Hall that night know what the real members thought, as opposed to the board with its dodgy proxies. Young supporters should also know that work had begun on a Supreme Court challenge to the result immediately after the meeting, particularly because of the lock out of several thousand members, although that became moot once the Hawthorn vote was known.

Ahh yes. The lock out

Denied a vote. I was close to anarchy that night. It was lucky that it didn’t all get really nasty...

long time ago now