WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

"He revealed he had discussed the position with family over the weekend, and begun contract discussions last Thursday, but was yet to get into the details such as the length of any potential deal"

So he began contract discussions last week because he's not sure if he wants to do it?

I smell [censored]

He hasn't heard of Skype? Someone send him an i-pad pronto! Actually better make that 2...Qantas express to Tami!

Does anyone here know if we can pre install a Roos look alike avatar that just keeps repeating.... "Sorry but i'm not taking no for an answer!!??"

It's already decided...My thinking is it will be after the B & F..that is the hurdle.

Paul Roos will have made up his mind..he met the players last week, was at the 'G with MFC Powerbrokers on Saturday night.

Cool.

It's already decided...My thinking is it will be after the B & F..that is the hurdle.

Paul Roos will have made up his mind..he met the players last week, was at the 'G with MFC Powerbrokers on Saturday night.

Cool.

agree WYL when was the last time a coach met the players and powerbrokers and then walked away?

FMD. Roos has stated categorically that he is not interested in coaching repeatedly.

I guess the more he is asked this the more it stirs the simple minded that he must be interested.

And the wing nuts that claim "every man has his price" seem to forget that we are going cap in hand to the AFL for money.

We can't pay stupid sums for a coach and money alone does not guarantee an outcome.

Wrong again, as usual you go off half cocked...AFL to pay bills, to get the club functioning properly.

agree WYL when was the last time a coach met the players and powerbrokers and then walked away?

That's the way i see it....He doesn't want to Hijack the B & F....assistant coaches are about to be replaced

It's gotta be done correctly.

• Like 1

I don't want to contemplate him pulling out. Would be the epitome of cruelty.

Coachus interruptus

Best one liner I have seen for....well, since we played finals last.

• Like 1

Further from OTC Roos said MFC players asked to meet with him through PJ and Roos was happy to talk to players as long as Craig was advised it was happening.

As others have stated he did not want to discuss possible assistants as it would be unfair for the MFC as there are people in those roles and he had not made the final decision to coach.

Just a side note regarding us talking to Burns and Simpson us sounding out the coaches management about their intentions next season is a long way from what has been mooted on here.

While the Demons have not spoken to either Burns or Simpson, they have made preliminary contact with the pair's management company to get a sense of their plans for next season and beyond.

A casual discussion with Ling is a long way from how some have viewed it.

Former Geelong captain Cameron Ling confirmed at the weekend that he had had a casual discussion with the Demons about taking on an assistant coaching role next, with St Kilda veteran Lenny Hayes another potential candidate.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/demons-spread-the-net-as-coach-search-continues-20130819-2s7eg.html#ixzz2djkIK1jj

Back to OTC

M Sheehan asked about a new senior coach selecting assistants and Roos started to say that a senior coach would assemble his coaching panel but stop once he realised that it is inappropriate to talk about possible changes when he has stated he has not made the final decision. This to me makes a lot of sense as it affects current employees of the club who should not have there possible future job prospects debated on national TV.

So from what was said tonight in relation to whether Roos will coach MFC next year, you have take him at his word, which is, the final decision will be made once his family returns from overseas next Tuesday. so we just have to wait.

Dee-Luded when Roos becomes coach you must buy a membership for 2014.

I think it is a done deal.

Agree-- you can afford a country membership....
  • Like 1

Wrong again, as usual you go off half cocked...AFL to pay bills, to get the club functioning properly.

I was listening to Access All Areas and Damian Barrett he was saying that the AFL have said that only 400K of the bail out can be used for getting a senior coach. Now as it Barrett I was wondering if anyone had heard anything similar. If thats the case the PJ has a whole lot of work to do to get sponsorship to try and make the short fall. I am sure he is up to the challenge though.

Cool.

Yes i know it's a done deal WY. Just having some fun. Hard to emphasise sarcasm online.

I suspect what we're hearing from Roos is a semi truth re Tami/kids. That is, he did go through the discussion process with them (obviously), but this was a week or more ago. Now it's just a matter of how and when the announcement is made.

Like any top coach with an ego, he wants it stroked a little and to put his enemies on notice that he's back!

Edited by Rusty Nails
  • Like 1

Might be a West Australian social sport.

might be anything

might be waiting on AFL commitments.

might be waiting for the horrendous times of the last few years being put to bed completely with a Full stop, & for the players & Club to get their heads totally clear of this year, prior to him agreeing & signing on...

I'm certain he has many ideas & methods which he wouldn't let on publicly, that he believes will have subliminal effects on the beginning of his potential coaching career with Us.

put it this way, he knows what he's doing.

Dee-Luded when Roos becomes coach you must buy a membership for 2014.

I think it is a done deal.

I will, WYL... even if I can't get to games. but I wouldn't if we settled for an eade or williams type.

we have to be better than just mediocre. we have to reach for the stars, or its just more of the same old, same old of the past 45 years of ground hog dayz...

• Like 1

does he go off? doubt it.

That's the way i see it....He doesn't want to Hijack the B & F....assistant coaches are about to be replaced

It's gotta be done correctly.

I think he wants the players & the staff to get this year & past years out of their systems, & put a big pagebreak in their minds, to help them start over, afresh,,,, & ready to relax & work hard for their futures.

his way of learning is very user friendly & is based on sharing & total responsibility for ones actions.

I think he wants clear air, to begin his message with the group.

• Like 1

'Look, I definitely want the job, but ... '

Roos is not going to ping his family for not taking the gig.

IMO it's a done deal. And, given that it means so much to me, I'm totally paranoid and pre-disposed to negativity about this call.

That said, it's just gotta to be the case that Roos will coach us next year. He will also lead us to our first premiership since 1964 in the relatively near future.

I absolutely love the guy. But that will quickly turn to pure hate if he rejects us now. In simple terms, I don't know if I could handle the disappointment.

• Like 2

You can imagine it. The end of the best and fairest... Suddenly the lights dim... Soft, brooding ambient music... Then a light rises at the back of the room. Opera voices - the voices of Angela begin... From the rooftop the messiah cometh. Lord Roos has arrived to commence his first sermon.

That story would have been way better if Juice Newton had have come parachuting through the roof when the angels piped up...

• Like 1

Am disappointed! Will shoot my source, but then they will need a new presenter! Was guaranteed that all would be made clearer tonight but........... There are however some sticking points, ie: points of difference. The deal is done! The way it is to be announced is the sticking point!

So you are saying your source is one of the OTC presenters? If that's the case, how come you had trouble deciding whether it was OTC or AFL360? Sorry, but I am having a lot of trouble giving too much credence to your posts.