• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

Apparently Roos has been approached by Brisbane club officials already.

I told you all that weeks ago, I knew then he was not coming to the Dees.

Not that I blame him.

Who would you rather coach?

AFL trade rumours has Lions announcing Roos today as coach. Either way he's not coming to us so let's move on.

They also said it was scheduled for 10am. However, Voss was speaking to the press at 12.

Doubt the lions are that pathetic to overshadow Vossys presser with more important news.

FoS

He was approached about 4 wks ago.

I told you all that weeks ago, I knew then he was not coming to the Dees.

Not that I blame him.

Who would you rather coach?

Had no idea it was that long ago.

I don't blame Roos for holding out. He is doing well for himself in the media and if I was him I'd rather go to Brisbane.

Had no idea it was that long ago.

I don't blame Roos for holding out. He is doing well for himself in the media and if I was him I'd rather go to Brisbane.

Me Too Pj

Just heard Jon Ralph on SEN say Roos told him at 8.30pm Last night that he Roos had not accepted the Lions job.

Claimed Roos told me they approached him weeks ago like the MFC and he gave them the same answer.

So you have got me

I give up.

• Like 1

ahhh Did I ever tell you guys about my youth and the many nights spent solving the universe's problems at the end of the pier along from the breakwater ?? Full esky of green tinnies... :)

NO ?? ahhh Apollo Bay :)

It would be a real shame - we are so close to 100 pages

Couldn't we just ramble on about nothing for a bit ........ oh wait

ahhh Did I ever tell you guys about my youth and the many nights spent solving the universe's problems at the end of the pier along from the breakwater ?? Full esky of green tinnies... :)

NO ?? ahhh Apollo Bay :)

I have it on good authority Roos was spotted at the Bay Leaf cafe celebrating buying a house in Apollo Bay in anticipation of his move to Melbourne, Wet Coke and Brisbaaane.

I think Mrs Roos has spoken

game over

(thankgod, now we can someone who's actually interested )

ROO"S has released a statement this morning

my wife and I have walked to the end of the breakwater and we were disgusted in the amount of empty beer cans dumped in the ocean

my wife also commented that the weather was to cold for a woman of her distinction

we also thought the cappacinos were not up to our standard at the fig leaf café

and last but not least demonland needed 2 more pagesw to get this thread over the 100 mark

end statement

AFL trade rumours has Lions announcing Roos today as coach. Either way he's not coming to us so let's move on.

This clubs drowning, no President or coach, how are we meant to trade and delist, doesn't seem to be much happening behind the scenes at the moment , players aren't signing contracts and a club like Brisbane is on the ball, it's a [censored] joke and as a paid up member it would nice to now if something positive is happening, I'm more worried about who's going to step up and be president, I hope this PJ is on the ball because our club is miles off the pace.

Don't know if this has been covered already, but wasn't it stated earlier in this thread that we were talking to someone currently in the senior coaching position at another club... perhaps it was Voss? ;-)

Don't know if this has been covered already, but wasn't it stated earlier in this thread that we were talking to someone currently in the senior coaching position at another club... perhaps it was Voss? ;-)

My bet for this rumour would be Worsfold, who wouldn't be such a bad pick up although I think Choco would be a better candidate.

Rodney Eade 2yr contract with Adam Simpson as understudy ......-happy with that

Yes would be very happy, is that what you want or have heard.

Paul Roos is the only one who can sort this mentally shot list.

Bailey was to soft, although he had his hands tied by the admin.

Neeld completely obliterated what he gad.

Mclardy gave him "carte blanche"....

According to 360 on Fox last night, Roos is likely bound for Brisbane Lions.. I would rather put my money on that... May be the reason Voss is walking today... That's why he was "playing" with MFC....... just saying... :).

Rodney Eade 2yr contract with Adam Simpson as understudy ......-happy with that

Thats is the Rumour just posted by 'AFL Trade Rumours 2013'

Looking at Eade's coaching stats:

Took the Swans to 5 Finals series in 7 Years including 1 GF (54% winning record)

Took the Dogs to 4 Finals series in 7 Years including 3 Prelims (55% winning record)

Imagine winning more games than we lose!!

• Like 1

According to 360 on Fox last night, Roos is likely bound for Brisbane Lions.. I would rather put my money on that... May be the reason Voss is walking today... That's why he was "playing" with MFC....... just saying... :).

I'm sure they said the same about Roos to us...

Apparently we're interviewing Eade this week (ahead of schedule), so the rumour mill might be jumping the gun a bit (imagine that!).

Well it must be behind Collingwoods back.

... or Clarko ;)

I can dream cant I?

(please don't be Sheeds!!!)

Well it must be behind Collingwoods back.

It would have to be, they wouldn't let him do it after the Neeld fiasco and announcing earlier this season that they wouldn't let anyone interview until the end of the season. It's fair enough too, if we were in the race for the finals I'd want all staff 100% focussed on our campaign.

Took the Swans to 5 Finals series in 7 Years including 1 GF (54% winning record)

Took the Dogs to 4 Finals series in 7 Years including 3 Prelims (55% winning record)

Most impressive is that the Doggies were less resourced than even us and he was still able to make them one of the best teams in the comp

not to mention arguably the best team to watch , on their day they were breathtaking

It is a concept that I am struggling with!

• Like 2

It would have to be, they wouldn't let him do it after the Neeld fiasco and announcing earlier this season that they wouldn't let anyone interview until the end of the season. It's fair enough too, if we were in the race for the finals I'd want all staff 100% focussed on our campaign.

Lets hope the pies get knocked out the finals quickly, if they make the GF it could cause major headaches for us.

It is a concept that I am struggling with!

I'd struggle to process us winning more than 3 games at this stage

• Like 3