WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

As a tea-totaller who had never smoked anything of any substance not sure how Craig will feel about that comparison why you little!

It would be hilarious if the AFL in their infinite wisdom awarded us a priority pick at the front of the draft - ie the Boyd pick - thus gazzumping their golden child GWS.

Won't happen, but it would be so, so sweet.

The more time that passes without him ruling himself out the more confident I am about Roos being our man in 2014 and beyond.

One of the reasons why I'm such an advocate for him is that I believe he'd be a 'whole of club' coach.

Craig has already worked hard - using Barassi's maxim that if you want to be a footballer, look like a footballer - and if Roos comes in then I hope he stays on.

• Like 4

IMO the only reason we will get draft concession/s is because we are the only club without bonafide senior, A grade player/s (excepting maybe GWS and they have heaps on the way, and will be trading for some this year).

If that is the case, then any concession will be conditional on us trading it.

Ed: our last bonafide A grader was Neitz. Been a while now.

That's true about A graders. I would argue the last a grader we've had was Schwartz but that's another discussion. I would also argue that we don't have a marquee player such as a Judd, Franklin, Goodes, Ablett and have not had one for years. A real star in other words.

I don't understand fully how the A league marquee player works but i think each club can have one marquee player that sits outside the salary cap. Could something like that work in the AFL? You'd have to give it as form of equalization/concession for weaker team (eg bottom 3 from each year, or clubs such as the dees who have been down the bottom for some time) or else it would just help the top teams.

I'm not sure if the above would work but what i do reckon would be good would be to give seriously struggling sides (eg the dees) a priority draft pick in the top ten that has to be traded (either that year or banked). This would allow the better club to get access to good young players while providing an incentive for them to trade established players to clubs down the bottom and wouldn't distort the draft in the same way.

For example what if we were given the number 3 pick at this years draft but had to trade it. What would a club like Carlton give up to get that pick? They desperately need some good young talent but will only have pick 10ish as it stands. Would they give us say Yarran and pick 10?

At the end of "on the couch" Healy was telling Roos just sign her on the dotten line.. The program had finished but it showed Roos pretending to sign the contract on his paper of notes. Did any1 else see this? I think it's a done deal. For the odds to drop as well by that much, something is going on..

• Like 1

At the end of "on the couch" Healy was telling Roos just sign her on the dotten line.. The program had finished but it showed Roos pretending to sign the contract on his paper of notes. Did any1 else see this? I think it's a done deal. For the odds to drop aswel by that much, something is going on..

maybe

could be

probably

but put your dreams and wishes into the rest of this year

things will look after themselves with the hiring of a coach

Yeah, or he is waiting to see what club he might possibly work for as he has no prospective immediate Boss (head of the FD) and a Board in flux.

Everything is a conspiracy in AFL circles isn't it.

Healy and Sheahan are having fun with him - that I can confirm first hand. Mike thinks he should do it but doesn't know more than that, he also thinks we shouldn't baulk at any price but Redleg told us that last week.

• Like 1

Odds dont drop like that unless something concrete has happened.

His views on the players are not as critical as they have been, IMO he is forming opinions on players from a keep or throw away perspective, his take on terlich and matt jones was text book coaching... who ever we get I hope they instill that into the players... Keep chasing your man.

It's a gimmick!

If they 'knew' something, they would suspend betting entirely.

No they would only suspend betting if they had recieved official word, my guess is that they have heard through (thier own) reliable sources which are pretty damn reliable he has at very least given a hand shake agreement...

Maybe they are just working through the numbers or something like that, but rarely do betting agencies such as sportbet drop odds like they did if they didnt think it was a sure thing...

If Jackson turns around and says "listen Roosy, Craigy has really got the boys up and about since we last spoke so thanks anyway, but we're no longer interested" - then I would be blown away.

Terry Wallace says 'Hi'...

• Like 1

At the end of "on the couch" Healy was telling Roos just sign her on the dotten line.. The program had finished but it showed Roos pretending to sign the contract on his paper of notes. Did any1 else see this? I think it's a done deal. For the odds to drop aswel by that much, something is going on..

Yes I saw that and found it quite 'interesting' shall we say. seemed happy to play along so made one think.

Also interesting his analysis on Terlich, showed some vision and said its not great to come off the ground thinking I had 27 posessions when your direct opponent kicked 4 goals. Showed how simply not concentrating on your man cost goals.

For the record, and for people not to be carried away, from my understanding the current odds are not a bad reflection on reality. Perhaps $1.50 would now be the fair market.

A deal has not yet been done yet.............. but its looking dam good.

• Like 4

For the record, and for people not to be carried away, from my understanding the current odds are not a bad reflection on reality. Perhaps $1.50 would now be the fair market.

Lets hope so GNF. Happy about the 7s if true. However not sure how your last post is going to help people not get carried away!

Edited by binman

Knowing our luck we will have another 186 this week and Roos will run for the hills

Kidding of course

Edited by hogans_heroes

Not sure what you were able to get on, but the max bet of $20 that I was allowed to place at $7 would still be a good win. A decent dinner for my wife and I to celebrate.

I had two bets. One agency would only allow me to put $20 on and the other only $8 believe it or not (meaning that bookie pays out a princely $56 - showing what a gimmick it is). Still as you say it would be a nice get and if it does get up i will give you credit as i took it on your tip.

I had two bets. One agency would only allow me to put $20 on and the other only $8 believe it or not (meaning that bookie pays out a princely $56 - showing what a gimmick it is). Still as you say it would be a nice get and if it does get up i will give you credit as i took it on your tip.

everybody wishes you good luck

just think of the result , your missus gets a night on the tiles and we score a coach, win win

• Like 1

Roos will not commit until he has draft concessions confirmed along with board and GMFO appointments. Although things are looking good with ever increasing likelihood, we should not expect a signing until late in the season.

As I have said before the MFC have been in pursuit of Roos longer than is admitted.

I'm told the deal was done before the Sydney game. $1.4 mill a year. I'm interested if your sources have said anything further, GNF. You're usually spot on.

Odds dont drop like that unless something concrete has happened.

No in a small pool, which this is, a medium bet can change the odds dramatically. It could have been a very modest bet that started all this betting info.

No in a small pool, which this is, a medium bet can change the odds dramatically. It could have been a very modest bet that started all this betting info.

More likely a number of very modest bets (remembering the most you could get on was $20)

I'm told the deal was done before the Sydney game. $1.4 mill a year. I'm interested if your sources have said anything further, GNF. You're usually spot on.

Whose your source Adam?

Are they reliable or have they told I things in the past which has been accurate?

Cheers

Whose your source Adam?

Are they reliable or have they told I things in the past which has been accurate?

Cheers

Not a particularly reliable source, hence trying to get some more info. Thought it was worth chucking out there though.

small pool or not thats a dramatic drop in price from $7 to $1.50...

Nothing shortens in betting that much unless they know something no one else does...

I could be wrong but all the times Ive seen this happen its usually what eventually happens.

Not a particularly reliable source, hence trying to get some more info. Thought it was worth chucking out there though.

I was hoping u would come back with something like its someone from the inner sanctum at Melb oh well only a little off!!

Thanks anyway and u never know he might become a reliable source if its right.

Time will tell

• Like 1

Terry Wallace says 'Hi'...

What are you referencing, rjay?