Dermott Brereton's Take

dazzledavey36

Although it's pretty poor, it's hardly earth shattering stuff.

I've rocked up to jobs and meetings through work in the past only to be told they've been canceled and someone was suppose to tell me.

• Like 1

he said that the rehab group of 8 players went to AAMI park last Monday at 9am to their scheduled session

they got their and the place was completely locked

they called one of the coaches who told them they were meant to have been told the session had been called off

Keep in mind 4 of the rehab group are ulrta professionals and our most important players in Frawley, VIney, Grimes and Clark. Can only imagine what they were thinking

You can add Dawes to that.. could you imagine his reaction would be? especially coming from somewhere like Collingwood where buckley and malthouse wouldn't stand for that.

he said that the rehab group of 8 players went to AAMI park last Monday at 9am to their scheduled session

they got their and the place was completely locked

they called one of the coaches who told them they were meant to have been told the session had been called off

Keep in mind 4 of the rehab group are ulrta professionals and our most important players in Frawley, VIney, Grimes and Clark. Can only imagine what they were thinking

Wasn't last monday the Queens birthday match?

Would that affect the timing of rehab?

• Like 1

Dermie has been known to speak first and check facts later i.e. the Storm boys and the spa incident which has since been proved incorrect.

You can almost hear his head wobble as he makes these statements.

• Like 3

the ox is in there also, they talk about

-its the 'way the world is' if you don't perform you're out, whether he's a good guy or not doesn't matter

-MFC has long been looking for a 'bargain' coach, first timer they hope will ne successful

-selection panel has battled previously

-what if Roos costs more than the rest, should we go for it, throwing money at it is not necessarily the way to go. Roos is reluctant

-is it a poisoned chalice

-the saddest thing is our list has not bottomed out yet - Dermie

-4 mistakes with mature age recruits

I agree with most of what they are saying, well worth a listen

It's hard to argue with anything that he says other than the training session which none of us know anything about. Melbourne could do worse than having him on the selection panel for the coaching position. Even though he can be a [censored] at times, he definitely understands football.

I don't necessarily believe this. the storm rumour was BS. The cancelled training sessions also proved to be a stretch (just a time trial). It just comes across as boot sticking to me.

I think the list has bottomed out. It could only really get worse if Nathan Jones left and we had NO midfielders. Currently we have won and three newbies.

The comments in the media today that we concentrated on too much running training and not enough game training seems possible givent he endless stream of material pre season from the club about time trials.

The comments today that Neeld baked players so hard that they were lost is identical to what ive heard from people that should know. Backpeddling too late.

the comments today in the media that Neeld got the young players to critique the older players in front of the whole team sounds on par.

What shocked me more than Dermie's 'cancelled training' story was hearing from Schwarz that the coaching selection panel which chose Neeld was comprised of: G Lyon, C Schwab, D McLardy and G Jalland. Is this true? Surely it is bleedingly obvious that some input from other former players and coaches would be useful for a panel like that.

• Like 1

Although it's pretty poor, it's hardly earth shattering stuff.

I've rocked up to jobs and meetings through work in the past only to be told they've been canceled and someone was suppose to tell me.

me too, but that doesn't excuse it...

What shocked me more than Dermie's 'cancelled training' story was hearing from Schwarz that the coaching selection panel which chose Neeld was comprised of: G Lyon, C Schwab, D McLardy and G Jalland. Is this true? Surely it is bleedingly obvious that some input from other former players and coaches would be useful for a panel like that.

Schwab and Jalland on the coaching panel, thats so laughable

• Like 1

I had to turn Dermie off after 6 minutes, he just didn't offer any insight.
I got more from a 30 second comment On The Couch from Paul Roo's - than I got from Dermie in 6 minutes.

Dermie was a thug on the field and when he was under fire on field - he resorted to violence, the type that would land a bloke in jail thesedays.

I find it hard to take anything that Dermie says seriously, he was a good footballer - but other than forward line coaching, he has nothing else to offer.

In the 6 minutes I did listen, I thought it was ironic that Dermie comments on Voss being a gun player and indirectly hinting he wasn't much of a coach.

This only upsets me more.

I was orherwise having a great day.

Dermot is an unqualified [censored]. I listened to him on SEN tonight and basically he embellishes stories & talks just to hear the sound of his voice. It always comes back to him & how good he was or decisions he made on the hawks board etc. sometimes I wish he would play back what he says.....maybe he would realise how much dribble he sprouts. He constantly uses (or makes up) big words & uses them in the wrong context. I respect he was a great player ....but seriously people like him are all that is wrong in the media today.

• Like 1