Who cares anymore - Anger subsided

Soidee

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=SYiv76qRCkA&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DSYiv76qRCkA

This is what I think of that comment Soidee

Edited by Return to Glory
  • Like 2

I agree with the name of the thread, it's the way I feel now. I am honestly no longer angry at the losses, I don't know if this is a good or bad thing, I'm guessing bad. I have a feeling the club and players don't really care either.

• Like 1

It's a lot like our Grand Final. I was born in 1961 and missed '64.

I was at '88 and 2000. Both had similarities to today's game in terms of result.

We are a sad shadow of the team that I grew (was brainwashed?) to love.

Again I apologise to my kids - but they know they have a choice.

• Like 4

For the first time the media are getting to me. I know we are rubbish, I tell people we are rubbish but when I hear the total disregard people have Melbourne it really annoys me, more than ever.

The pity is worse

• Like 1

For the first time the media are getting to me. I know we are rubbish, I tell people we are rubbish but when I hear the total disregard people have Melbourne it really annoys me, more than ever.

Every weekend my facebook feed is full of people i know ragging on my team. The sad thing is that the horrible things they are saying are all true, but i still "fire up" and attempt to defend the indefensible, as i care for my team so much.

Many were against Swarta's comments. I agreed with him for its the only way out of this mess. Someone else has to have a better approach to coaching to lift the team. The young Collingwood players who come in and do well are not necessasrily better than ours. Put Toumpas, Tapscott in Collingwood and they would be considerably better because the way their team plays helps lift the young. The quality of players is important, but being able to lift the team to performance which is greater than the sum of the parts is what coach is about. Our lack of effective game plan holds our collective effort back. Swarta had the courage to say the unsayable but what I know numerous others wanted to say.

Every weekend my facebook feed is full of people i know ragging on my team. The sad thing is that the horrible things they are saying are all true, but i still "fire up" and attempt to defend the indefensible, as i care for my team so much.

I don't fight back, there is nothing to defend at the moment.

I just can't wait until the day we are back on top and I will be unashamedly arrogant and condescending of all other teams and clubs.

• Like 5

To be honest, I'm not as angry since there now appears to be some sort of plan going forward. We aren't just going to throw everything into flux again just for the sake of it. Neeld will be given his due and when the time comes, he will be moved on with hopefully a minimum of fuss. The board and FD are being reformed.
As for onfield, there are no two ways about it. Today's results and others are and never will be acceptable. That being said, I can see some blokes now who might be good going forward and make me think even more that Mark Neeld might be our Royce Hart. The bloke who did the spade work and put his rep on the line for the results someone else gets later.

I too am in previously uncharted waters... I never thought I would be here. The last month or so I am ashamed to admit I have stopped going, and today I didn't even watch on TV. Of course I checked the score but wasn't at all surprised to see we were in it for 35 minutes and then got absolutely slaughtered. Every week you can't help thinking that maybe something will click and we will actually play 4 respectable quarters of football, but this mob just refuses to do it. After previously asking for leniency on Neeld he has lost me, we just seem to be getting worse and worse. The last 3 weeks we have lost by an average of 89 points, that is an utter disgrace. However, the worst part is that there is nobody really making a fuss of it, we are so beaten down and jaded by supporting this club that the passion, even the negative passion, is fading. This failure for me to participate would have been unthinkable even a year ago... in fact I have gone several years without a missing game in Victoria, even at the cattery. I am paid up and I am on this site just about every day.. but I have plenty enough on my plate and plenty enough stress and sadness to deal with in daily life without having to deal with how [censored] we have become. I really hope that I am in the minority here, and I am not indicative of the supporter base, but it looks like year after year of pain has finally caught up with me and the level of commitment I thought previously to be unshakable is clearly coming undone. We are in a diabolical situation.. with all the challenges we were already facing we just REALLY didn't need to go backwards on the field and go back to the worst (or close to) side in the comp and everybody's whipping boy/laughing stock. I have a terrible feeling there will be no bouncing back from this as a club... and if quality players walk out as rumored.. it's over. I can't even envisage what kind of miracle can bring us back from the dead.. we need a superstar coach and a superstar player or two.. but it's not going to happen. Nobody wants anything to do with us and understandably so. It might be possible to throw money at the issue but we don't have any so we're stuffed there too. Hard times indeed.

• Like 6

Many were against Swarta's comments. I agreed with him for its the only way out of this mess. Someone else has to have a better approach to coaching to lift the team. The young Collingwood players who come in and do well are not necessasrily better than ours. Put Toumpas, Tapscott in Collingwood and they would be considerably better because the way their team plays helps lift the young. The quality of players is important, but being able to lift the team to performance which is greater than the sum of the parts is what coach is about. Our lack of effective game plan holds our collective effort back. Swarta had the courage to say the unsayable but what I know numerous others wanted to say.

Except the young Collingwood players aren't expected to have as much of an impact and even if they do sweet FA they have the likes of Swan, Pendlebury, Cloke, Shaw etc to carry the load.

The only players that consistently shoulder the responsibility of the team for us are N Jones and Dawes (throw in Clark in there when playing). They are also given time to develop because they aren't needed till they're more physically developed.

To reply to the OP, I'm not angry anymore but it still hurts.

I too am in previously uncharted waters... I never thought I would be here. The last month or so I am ashamed to admit I have stopped going, and today I didn't even watch on TV. Of course I checked the score but wasn't at all surprised to see we were in it for 35 minutes and then got absolutely slaughtered. Every week you can't help thinking that maybe something will click and we will actually play 4 respectable quarters of football, but this mob just refuses to do it. After previously asking for leniency on Neeld he has lost me, we just seem to be getting worse and worse. The last 3 weeks we have lost by an average of 89 points, that is an utter disgrace. However, the worst part is that there is nobody really making a fuss of it, we are so beaten down and jaded by supporting this club that the passion, even the negative passion, is fading. This failure for me to participate would have been unthinkable even a year ago... in fact I have gone several years without a missing game in Victoria, even at the cattery. I am paid up and I am on this site just about every day.. but I have plenty enough on my plate and plenty enough stress and sadness to deal with in daily life without having to deal with how [censored] we have become. I really hope that I am in the minority here, and I am not indicative of the supporter base, but it looks like year after year of pain has finally caught up with me and the level of commitment I thought previously to be unshakable is clearly coming undone. We are in a diabolical situation.. with all the challenges we were already facing we just REALLY didn't need to go backwards on the field and go back to the worst (or close to) side in the comp and everybody's whipping boy/laughing stock. I have a terrible feeling there will be no bouncing back from this as a club... and if quality players walk out as rumored.. it's over. I can't even envisage what kind of miracle can bring us back from the dead.. we need a superstar coach and a superstar player or two.. but it's not going to happen. Nobody wants anything to do with us and understandably so. It might be possible to throw money at the issue but we don't have any so we're stuffed there too. Hard times indeed.

Sadly you are not in the minority.

I too have given up investing emotion into this tired wreck of a club. Its too upsetting.

Played golf today. Didn't even check the footy score. Felt much better for the experience (and my golf was shiite).

The club needs a drastic overhaul. We need new blood. Melbourne blood not some brown and gold huckster. Where are the Melbourne people?? Why aren't any stepping up to the plate and agitating for board change?? How pathetic is it that a Hawthorn muppet is agitating for board change at the Dees - THAT is how pathetic we have become - and not one person in the media or elsewhere has mentioned that aspect. Its totally embarrassing.

First time i got really angry today since round 1. The amount of stupid simple turnovers that even auskick dont do! I just wanna drink [censored] load of [censored], pass out then wake up thinking it was all a dream... yukk

• Like 1

Sadly I feel nothing anymore.

I don't get angry or pizzed off like I used to when the dees played badly cause if I did I couldn't go to work cause I would be too mentally exhausted.

I'm over this season and need a break from it so I haven't gone to a game in a while. I'm still a member and will be next year but I can't find an inch of enthusiasm in myself for this season I just want it over and done with. I'll watch on TV and may go to a couple of games but I'm plain and simply over it. Not angry anymore just sad and bored of this year.

• Like 2

Sadly you are not in the minority.

I too have given up investing emotion into this tired wreck of a club. Its too upsetting.

Played golf today. Didn't even check the footy score. Felt much better for the experience (and my golf was shiite).

The club needs a drastic overhaul. We need new blood. Melbourne blood not some brown and gold huckster. Where are the Melbourne people?? Why aren't any stepping up to the plate and agitating for board change?? How pathetic is it that a Hawthorn muppet is agitating for board change at the Dees - THAT is how pathetic we have become - and not one person in the media or elsewhere has mentioned that aspect. Its totally embarrassing.

I went today and sat in my usual seat surrounded by the usual people but today there was something different, there was no atmosphere at all, none. When the players ran out on to the ground there's normally a bit of cheering and shouting but today there was none. They played the club song and I stood and sang along but it was eerily quiet around me and I turned around and no one was standing, no one was clapping, and no one was interested; it was like they were doing their duty and that was it.

I just wanted the game to finish so I could go home and I think that most of the others there were the same; there is nothing left at the moment and the club will implode if they don't turn this around and soon.

I'm over this season and need a break from it so I haven't gone to a game in a while. I'm still a member and will be next year but I can't find an inch of enthusiasm in myself for this season I just want it over and done with. I'll watch on TV and may go to a couple of games but I'm plain and simply over it. Not angry anymore just sad and bored of this year.

I understand that, and know where you are coming from, but at this time the club needs supporters to turn up, more than they ever have.

• Like 1