Ox says Neeld must go, McLardy too

stuie

Shouldn't have been said by Ox, doesn't help the club in anyway! I'm not saying it isn't true, but it doesn't help.

I'll never go to a game hoping the Dees get smashed. Ox should be hoping that they improve and that Neeld stays coach, but if they do get smashed then his position needs to be further considered.

• Like 1

Whilst I can understand supporters having a crack at the OX, those same supporters need a realty check on how the other half see the MFC world. Neeld is fast becoming the most unpopular senior coach at this club in its history.

The club board has some very ordinary performers and a lot of people have reached despair with this club.

OX is just a guy who loves the club and sees the need for change and it is urgent. This requires a revolution not the same thought processes that have prevailed for 40 odd years. This also includes the thought processes of supporters of the MFC.

• Like 2

I work in mining and a colleague (an old Sunbury lad) used to knock around with 'Shwarter' as he calls him, and some of the stories he's told me about what David used to get up to and the people he openly ripped off and lied to (my colleague included) is astounding.

He played some great footy for the Dee's and I'm confident he's got his stuff together nowadays but there's no way he should be commenting on the failings of the MFC with his history. It's hypocrisy at its worst.

I'd go as far to say that this is more about David than the MFC.

He's not a gambling addict anymore gooseball. Everyone makes mistakes. Luv Shwarta.

Whilst I can understand supporters having a crack at the OX, those same supporters need a realty check on how the other half see the MFC world. Neeld is fast becoming the most unpopular senior coach at this club in its history.

The club board has some very ordinary performers and a lot of people have reached despair with this club.

OX is just a guy who loves the club and sees the need for change and it is urgent. This requires a revolution not the same thought processes that have prevailed for 40 odd years. This also includes the thought processes of supporters of the MFC.

saw mark mclure on telly last night and he reckons its the last 20 years of bumbling thats got us to here, which i agree

i think at the moment we are in big trouble and the longer this parody takes to play out the more conviction people with have to make a strong club again starting from scratch, moving deck chairs today will keep us buried in manure for many years to come

the ox may have some good points but not in public please

• Like 2

I trust that Jackson has things in hand, we need to let things work through at the right pace. Many have had a go at Neeld for coming in all guns blazing without thought, well I'm happy Jackson is not doing this. I think he will make the moves he needs to make when he deems the time is right. Sorry David you will have to wait like the rest of us.

It was knee jerk stuff led by mr Garry 'knee jerk' Lyon and his cronies on the board that caused a lot of this trouble in the first place. Let's do it right this time.

• Like 2

It seems Ox is hurting from the scoreboard pain and not looking at the bigger picture:

McLardy - will go when the time is right to ensure a smooth transition for a new president and a stable board

Football department structure - Jackson will aim to fix this and restructure the way the FD reports to him and the board so he can actually operate as the CEO and be across all aspects of the business without interfering. This is probably just as important as the senior coach because we need someone who can take responsibility for the department.

Neeld - again will go when Jackson thinks the time is right, Jackson has to operate in a commercial reality and make sure

The Ox like others are saying we are bleeding now and getting rid of Neeld will stop the bleeding and all of a sudden some optimism will take over and we will be fine. I disagree with that. I think getting rid of Neeld would only help for a couple of weeks and then we'd have the rest of the season in misery with a caretaker coach in limbo.

Also whilst we are at it I'm sick of Queens birthday being used as our grand final or special day. It should be that for the fans but for the players and coaches it should be 4 points just like any other game.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I can't agree with Ox on this one. I think he was right about the GWS win papering some cracks over but he and Garry Lyon haven't exactly showered themselves in glory this week. Facts are if Neeld is the man to turn this ship around and if he does turn the ship around, then most of us will eat humble pie and say we were wrong. I don't believe that will happen. However, I want success regardless who is at the helm.

I prefer Peter Jackson's approach to this 'raise and pillage' strategy advocated by the Ox. I'm not in the camp that says Neeld should see the year out. However, he does need a clear shot at the job without all the outside BS. If he has a good football structure around him and he still fails, then sack him.

I am so angry at The Ox. There will be a cold day in hell before I hope to see Melbourne walloped by Collingwood. Way to go mate, just reinforce the stereotype that MFC supporters have raised the white flag already. How, in any way shape or form is this supposed to help the club at this point??

And to everyone, but especially the Ox, stop presuming you speak for the majority of supporters. You can speak for no one but yourself, I'm sure you speak to a lot of your fellow Dees, the same as me, but unless you have surveyed 30 000+ people you can't talk for the majority. You have your opinion, I have mine, the majority will have a say at the AGM or an EGM. Until then please stop with the "I think I speak for the majority when I say..." piffle!!

• Like 1

And in regards to the Ox, he is obviously very passionate which is great but he should really work on directing it the right way. Putting down the club is not the way to help.

There are posters on here who clearly believe putting down the players is the way to help....

• Like 1

Respected him as a player.

But everything he has done recently has been done in the media.

Attention seeking big noter & always has been.

Got to keep yourself relevant in the media, I guess.

If this is the way he wants to "help" then thanks but no thanks.

In all honesty, what attributes has he got to be of any assistance to the club.

Go away Ox.

• Like 1

Ox has been down at the club all season banging on the door saying what can I do to help. He bled for our club like no one on our list currently, and would do so again!! Our board is garbage!!! And he is right, internally everyone is saying this is not a footy club, the place has no vibe, no nothing right now. The fish rots from the head!!!

I HATE THIS BOARD & IT MUST GO!!!!! Back Neeld or sack him you bunch of whimps!! Where does this current weak stance put the players in terms of respect & commitment?!? What other f**king president/board would accept a $500k fine for being found not guilty? Why the hell would they turn to Garry Lyon for advice again on the new coach after bailey?!? And now Garry, after sticking the boots in bailey, is doing it again with neeld!!!!

Well he's certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons, as evidenced by this thread.

I agree with him, but not so far as to hope that we get smashed. There is next to no chance that Neeld will be here next year anyhow, so might as well ride this nightmare out and hope for some competitive efforts.

You know you're gonna get this sort of thing from the Ox, but I think questioning his motives or having this displace him as a club champ is just garbage. You only have to listen to him when he speaks to know that he speaks directly from the heart. I don't believe it's got anything to do with elevating his media profile. He is just a supporter whose passed his breaking point at watching what the club is going through. He's in pretty good company I would've thought, and he sure as hell has contributed more to this club than a certain knobend in this thread who has yet again nominated himself as a club spokesperson.

• Like 1

You've got to wonder what all this noise does to the players...

It can't be healthy going into a tough game, after your coach has been put on notice, and having someone (particularly an ex player like Ox) saying he hopes they get flogged.

Pretty average by the Ox, and not the first time. Not president, board or club material.

• Like 3

,,, I was pointing out a run of 3 years where they didn't, thought that was enough to refute your argument

Are you really that thick ? Do I need to get a bib and baby food ?

Geelong have barely been out of the finals in the last 25 years and NEVER finished bottom 4. That constitutes never having "dark" moments, which was my premise. A correct premise.

You've "refuted" nothing, but in doing so exposed plenty.

@ The Master (named yourself after one of our very unfulfilled 1st round draft picks I see... Celebrate in the failures hey? Funny how Bates nickname had nothing to do with football & everything to do with playing with ones self)

Oh, yes, a nice little president handover when Mclardy 'feels' its time, would you like to do that over tea & scones?

I give up, our supporters are a bunch of weaklings also. Bag Ox for his timing hey, or don't like how he puts it, never mind that he is 100% right, f**k the semantics!!! Lol

By the way, this club would've folded already if it wasn't for jimmy pulling on OUR heart strings!! The turnaround was not because of schwab, not because of our board, not because of our on field performance, we got back to an even keel thanks to the supporters who got behind jimmy and debt demolition!!! Since then our board has screwed us again financially and this boys club including outside advisors like Garry Lyon who had a hand in both the last 2 coach hiring need to [censored] off for good.

• Like 1

This pisses me off. If the Ox wanted whats best for his club he'd be using his profile to sin up members and encouraging supporters to attend Mondays game.

you could look at that as selling extra tickets for the Titanic. Or playing in the band as the ship goes down.

The elephant in the room for some is the ship actually sinking... From the Ox's point of view, he is surely alerting us to what he sees as an impending disaster. You may or may not agree with him on this, but surely his motives are clear enough, and his good intentions above question.

How can it be fair to criticise him when there is so much evidence suggesting that the ship is in danger? We are certainly not making good passage through the season, right? We are certainly taking on debt at an alarming rate, aren't we? The Board is not actually doing anything yet, is it? Maybe they will later, maybe we'll play better later, maybe attendances will rise and the cash will begin to pour in - but just at the moment the Ox says "I see icebergs!" and reaches for the whistle. And the Neeld apologists find fault with his timing, his discretion, his past, his whatever.

It's the Emperor's new clothes...

Edited by robbiefrom13

You've got to wonder what all this noise does to the players...

It can't be healthy going into a tough game, after your coach has been put on notice, and having someone (particularly an ex player like Ox) saying he hopes they get flogged.

Pretty average by the Ox, and not the first time. Not president, board or club material.

Maybe it is some "players" that have aired their concerns to the Ox. I agree, to have such statements published in the media and attributed to a favourite son is over the top, but perhaps Ox knows more than we do.

He's not a gambling addict anymore gooseball. Everyone makes mistakes. Luv Shwarta.

What I know has nothing to do with gambling, box head.

You've got to wonder what all this noise does to the players...It can't be healthy going into a tough game, after your coach has been put on notice, and having someone (particularly an ex player like Ox) saying he hopes they get flogged. Pretty average by the Ox, and not the first time. Not president, board or club material.

At least he would make a decision, you think the board putting the coach on notice is any less 'noise' for the players?!? You idiot!! You think there isn't this talk and more already internally? The players have known for weeks the coach isn't being supported and is a lame duck!!!

What I know has nothing to do with gambling, box head.

"Box head". Now there is a comment that is enlightened and informs the debate. I also know people he owed money to, but those that I know have mended things with the OX. Just let it go mate and stop using distasteful epithets in an effort to make what is a moot point, in terms of the state of our footy club.

It seems Ox is hurting from the scoreboard pain and not looking at the bigger picture:

McLardy - will go when the time is right to ensure a smooth transition for a new president and a stable board

Football department structure - Jackson will aim to fix this and restructure the way the FD reports to him and the board so he can actually operate as the CEO and be across all aspects of the business without interfering. This is probably just as important as the senior coach because we need someone who can take responsibility for the department.

Neeld - again will go when Jackson thinks the time is right, Jackson has to operate in a commercial reality and make sure

The Ox like others are saying we are bleeding now and getting rid of Neeld will stop the bleeding and all of a sudden some optimism will take over and we will be fine. I disagree with that. I think getting rid of Neeld would only help for a couple of weeks and then we'd have the rest of the season in misery with a caretaker coach in limbo.

Also whilst we are at it I'm sick of Queens birthday being used as our grand final or special day. It should be that for the fans but for the players and coaches it should be 4 points just like any other game.

While I agree with your comments, it is detrimental to the health of the club to have a senior coach in charge that is ultimately gone. What good can come of that?

We are treading water at the moment and time is running out. The board do need to get the right structures in place prior to moving on Neeld, McLardy, Craig etc… but it also needs to happen in the near future to enable this club to begin moving forward.

"Box head". Now there is a comment that is enlightened and informs the debate. I also know people he owed money to, but those that I know have mended things with the OX. Just let it go mate and stop using distasteful epithets in an effort to make what is a moot point, in terms of the state of our footy club.

So I'll just cop being called a gooseball.

Right ..

I don't trust Shwartz. That's my position and I don't consider he'd add much value to the footy club.

Well he's certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons, as evidenced by this thread.

I agree with him, but not so far as to hope that we get smashed. There is next to no chance that Neeld will be here next year anyhow, so might as well ride this nightmare out and hope for some competitive efforts.

You know you're gonna get this sort of thing from the Ox, but I think questioning his motives or having this displace him as a club champ is just garbage. You only have to listen to him when he speaks to know that he speaks directly from the heart. I don't believe it's got anything to do with elevating his media profile. He is just a supporter whose passed his breaking point at watching what the club is going through. He's in pretty good company I would've thought, and he sure as hell has contributed more to this club than a certain knobend in this thread who has yet again nominated himself as a club spokesperson.

I thought you didn't read my posts, puerile personal insult again, just about sums you up really doen't it, can't even do it with a bit of style