• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Not over yet

The Yarra

As I keep saying, that was the best 95 point loss I've ever seen. The score really wasn't an indication of how we played. Neeld is on the right track and when it clicks there are going to be some red faces. We are so close to getting this right, and all we need is for the board to back him up, or even keep sitting on the fence like they are, so that they can keep working. It's close to coming together.

If the right track is 36 goals to 5 in six quarters of footy, I'd hate to see the wrong track.

• Like 2

.....the best 95 point loss you've ever seen? Are you fellas extracting the urine?

Ah whatever. I look forward with baited breath to a near record low QB crowd and yet another humiliating scoreline. Maybe this one will be the best 112 point loss you've ever seen.

Although you'd hope Neeld has at least a couple of tricks up his sleeve against his old mob. Here's hoping for the best 70 point loss you've ever seen.

I know you won't read this post, so I can say whatever I like, I admire you for actually buying a membership and supporting the club.

But the fact that you are in the West and only see how many games live? each year, the rest of the time assume you are watching and listening to the TV/Cable so therefore your views may be slightly skewed by the so called unbiased commentary accompanying the said vision.

Also the fact you are so far away and unable to attend training/functions/meetings etc, leaves you vulnerable to again only basing your opinions on a.what you read on here or b. from media, rather than the actual people involved in the Club, of course this leads you to also pissing on anything I quote as hearing from a player or official of the Club as spin

One fact you may have gleaned from my posts is that I don't suffer fools, so if I am bullshitted to by a player or official I am quite able to recognise the same

As for your post above, for a supporter, that is a rather sad post, as another poster has said, you seem to be hoping that it actually happens so you are proved right

Edited by Satyriconhome

Don't read too much into it that they are showing faith in Neeld.

Neeld staying is more due to PJ getting the board right and everything running smoothly for a quality coach to even look at our club.

At current, we are a rabble, we couldn't run a bath - let alone a business, which is what football essentially is these days.

Neeld will stay on board as long as it takes to get the structure of our board right.

As supporters, we will experience pain, it will be frustrating, but the changes that will be made are necessary changes.

They are simply biding time... Neeld will be gone at season's end. Nothing would be gained by sacking him now.. either financially or on the field

As I keep saying, that was the best 95 point loss I've ever seen. The score really wasn't an indication of how we played. Neeld is on the right track and when it clicks there are going to be some red faces. We are so close to getting this right, and all we need is for the board to back him up, or even keep sitting on the fence like they are, so that they can keep working. It's close to coming together.

I would rather hope there will be a lot of Red and Blue faces..... IN THE CROWD !! WE will all be happy if Neeld succeeds ...Shouldn't we ?? Who wants to live in the past and worry about what is being said now in disappointment ?? I hope you are right but will your face be RED if you are not ??? :)

We may have been beaten by 95 points, but I agree with RM, the result doesn't reflect the effort of the players. We were competitive in each contest. We were beaten by class, bigger bodies, and greater experience. Remember Hawthorn are the premiership favourites. We fell down with our disposal into the forward fifty and our much maligned Neeld recruits, like Rodan and Dawes stood up big time. Kent, Terlich and Jones again showed up and have proven to be good draft picks by Neeld and Co. Even Pederson played well in the back half, and it looks like maybe he will stick down there, allowing Watts to play that lead up forward role he's a natural at.

I came away from watching that game and actually felt more positive about the clubs situation. I actually enjoyed watching the game, because I could appreciate the effort we were putting in, and the genuine class of the Hawthorn outfit who are just a bloody impressive football club.

If that level of effort can continue, and we can inject Clark, Grimes, McDonald, Sylvia, and even Viney back into the lineup, and I think we will be much better off, to the point where I believe we could beat St Kilda and the Bulldogs, and even Port on recent form. We are finally getting the effort that we were lacking at the start of the season and against GC. That is a positive step.

And for the future, add Hogan, maybe Toumpas , Davis and a couple of newly recruited midfielders and get our rucking division right (Fitzpatrick IS a real talent) and we are DEFINITELY on the right track... Neeld or no Neeld.....But will MN receive any credit when (not if) we turn things around?? :lol:

I'm sure it is not your intent, but it sure sounds like you are barracking for the club to have less income and another belting just to satisfy your craving for Neeld to be dismissed.

We are not saying that a 95 point loss is easy to take, but more commenting on the way the players went about it on Sunday.

We saw more effort and attack on the ball, and even taking the game on then was shown against Freo, GC, Essendon and Port which were clearly some of the worst games of the club this year. Those are the signs that we've all been wanting. They may still be struggling with disposal, and structuring up, but with so many core players out and so many inexperienced players in, that's to be expected.

I might be overly optimistic, but I reckon we won't get blown away by Collingwood. I'm not sure why, but I reckon our guys will lift an extra notch, and if Sylvia returns we'll just have that little bit more grunt than we've had recently. I seriously think we can keep it within 6 goals.

And I would speculate at least one third of the players who played in Sunday's game will NOT be in the Senior line up next year !! Strengthening at least that percentage of the side WILL improve our performances..Without a doubt.. :(

I'm sick of hearing about the "poor" players and how it's obviously the coach because not all are on board. I think it's complete rubbish.

They are suppose to be professional footballers. Most of our boys can't even hit a target on game day, causing turn overs that you see in Under 18's football. The day we have more than 25% of our players on that field playing like professional AFL footballers. Will be the day we turn this club around.

It is completely true when most on here say our best 22 would struggle to get a game for a club like Hawthorn, Geelong etc. It's absolutely true.

Neeld took on a poor list and can only do what he can do with what he has. Looks to me like the talented more experienced players do not have a problem with Neeld (Clark, Dawes, Garland, N.Jones etc) , it's just all the sooks we have had at the club for years now who refuse to work hard.

Let em go and let's get players who actually want to work hard effort after effort after effort.

Matty Jones and Dean Terlich are certainly not A grade footballers. But they just keep continually working hard. Hence why they get all the disposals and the others don't.

• Like 2

Yes Billy, I am speculating, but like everyone else here I'm not on the inside and can only observe from the point of view of a member and spectator. Like many on this site I spend way too much of my time contemplating the state of the club (and reading everyone else's opinions). I'm not an expert in management, I don't have much playing experience, I don't have corporate experience, so I don't have too much constructive advice about the admin structure of the club. But I have been following the club for a long time through its darkest periods and can only observe and speculate. On the field I see confusion and lack of unified purpose and what appears to be a lack of heart with some players. I see players who seem not to know what their role is. Off the field I hear all of the rumours, like most of us. I read the media reports, listen to the radio and watch the telly. Some of it is most certainly scuttlebutt but where there is is such a massive plume of smoke there has got to be a fire. I saw the shabby treatment of the senior players. I see the way mark Neeld speaks to people publicly. I don't like it and I respond instinctively. He may be a very good person, and I have great sympathy for his current situation, but I don't think he is the right one for us at the moment. The damage appears to be worsening by the week. As for requested task Billy, I'm sorry but I can't provide you with that information but at the moment things are sure looking, walking and quacking like a duck.

This post, along with your last post btdemon, are perfect examples of the stream of speculative presumption that spews out from the media these days, and in particular about what's going on at the MFC. You make grand and and absolutist statements about Mark Neeld's personality, his relationship with the players, the players reactions, feelings and attitudes. All of which you have absolutely no direct evidence or justification for. You see on field results, and then invent a scenario that tries to make sense of it. Of course we all do that, because we desperately want to find reasons and solutions. You however, are making judgements as if they are fact, and because you don't actually know, it is in fact the rubbish that other posters have called you on. For the sake of reason and in the spirit of support for your club, reconsider before you post damaging guesswork like this again.

• Like 2

Come on Demonlanders.

We are in a win-win situation here.

Neeld is on notice. On-field performance needs to improve or else whooshka, gone.

If things improve by the end of the season, we win.

If things don't improve by the end of the season, Neeld through the turnstile and Worsfold through the other side, we win.

• Like 2

I wonder if the players might hasten his exit by producing another "186" against Collingwood on the big stage. It is clear to me now the supposed 'buy in' to the Neeld plan by players has not been across the whole group and the damage to relationships and alienation of others is possibly beyond repair. While Davey may have got on board recently it would seem that many others are disenchanted or have completely had enough. Others seem incapable of implementing the game plan and are no longer playing with any natural instinct. Playing under those conditions with a fear of breaking team rules and being out of favour with the coaching panel would make it very difficult to enjoy playing. Getting flogged week after week wouldn't help either.

Players aren't stupid. Most of them would have experienced more positive coaches, better playing environments and more on field success in their early careers and would be very disheartened. People can talk about "sticking fat" and all that, but most people have a limit. These guys have a short career and can see it quickly disappearing under miserable circumstances.

It is clear that most of them are not playing for the coach! Many are not playing for each other now either. They are confused and exasperated. I wouldn't blame any of them if they wanted to walk at season's end and rejuvenate their careers somewhere else. A person who can galvanise the group is desperately needed NOW! I don't want to lose Frawley, Watts, Sylvia or anyone else because our footy environment is crap. I don't want older players like Jamar, Davey, playing like they don't want to be there. I don't want young player like Toumpas, Hogan, Viney wrecked either. I don't want our better performing players like Howe, Jones, Clark, McDonald getting any more disillusioned they they must already be.

We will have a record low crowd for the QB clash and a massive flogging is on the cards. It may be brought on by the players lack of ability, effort or understanding of the game plan. Consciously or unconsciously the players may make sure that this happens. If it happens then we must have a caretaker in place by the game after the bye. Even if they put up a better show I won't believe that it was for the coach.

I suggest that you should stop listening to the media. There is a lot of undignified crap out there.

PJ spoke to the leadership group after the game on Sunday. I would suggest there is a lot more support for Neeld amongst the playing group than the media realise - not that they would want to know or report because its not good copy.

Support for the coach hasn't resulted in wins but certainly the lack of effort which was glaringly absent previously is returning.

• Like 3

If the ships turns around over the next few weeks I will be very happy to be wrong in my speculation.

It dosnt matter if the ship can turn around, she's already got a big hole and is just about to sink.

The ships captain has taken us thru treacherous waters and is now doomed to drown due to his own misguided adventures

Make him walk the plank while chanting, "I wouldn't change a thing".

The sailors want a real Captain!!!

Happy for my face to be crimson red! But anyone who fluffs off that a 95 point loss is showing something is sadly on another planet.

I think the only red will be on a baboons backside.

I'm sure it is not your intent, but it sure sounds like you are barracking for the club to have less income and another belting just to satisfy your craving for Neeld to be dismissed.

We are not saying that a 95 point loss is easy to take, but more commenting on the way the players went about it on Sunday.

We saw more effort and attack on the ball, and even taking the game on then was shown against Freo, GC, Essendon and Port which were clearly some of the worst games of the club this year. Those are the signs that we've all been wanting. They may still be struggling with disposal, and structuring up, but with so many core players out and so many inexperienced players in, that's to be expected.

I might be overly optimistic, but I reckon we won't get blown away by Collingwood. I'm not sure why, but I reckon our guys will lift an extra notch, and if Sylvia returns we'll just have that little bit more grunt than we've had recently. I seriously think we can keep it within 6 goals.

Let me clarify my comments then, because clearly that's not my wish. No-one will be happier than me if Neeld can turn this [censored] truck around and stick it up naysayers like myself. It's not about him, it's about the team of which he is holding the reigns.

I totally understand the "finding the positives in defeat" exercise. For gods sake, I'm a Dees supporter. I'm practically an expert at it.

On another forum (that shall remain nameless), I defended against opposition fans who couldn't stomach the idea of finding any satisfaction out of the loss to Richmond. To them it as still a 6 goal loss that should've been alot more if the Tigers brought their shooting boots. In part I agreed, but on the whole we were looking for a significant lift in the non-negotiables: effort, second efforts, hard running, sticking tackles. We got that. It doesn't alter the fact that those things are NON negotiables, but we got them. finally.

But surely a game that is as one sided as the weekend can only be defended so far. Aside from the third quarter, we got absolutely steamrolled. The statement, "the best 95 point loss I've ever seen" is almost signature worthy. It perfectly encapsulates just how far we have sunk as a football club.

So forgive me not joining in the celebration of a 100 point thumping to a team we haven't beaten since Adam was a lad. What you seemingly found enjoyable, for the most part I found unwatchable. Just another one to chalk up.

I'll show your level of enthusiasm when we can give a team like that a genuine scare. Just a scare. Or if we can beat an established club. Just one win.

I know, I set the bar pretty high.

• Like 2

.....the best 95 point loss you've ever seen? Are you fellas extracting the urine?

Ah whatever. I look forward with baited breath to a near record low QB crowd and yet another humiliating scoreline. Maybe this one will be the best 112 point loss you've ever seen.

Although you'd hope Neeld has at least a couple of tricks up his sleeve against his old mob. Here's hoping for the best 70 point loss you've ever seen.

What club do you support then?

We can do something about low attendance by turning up to games.

• Like 1

We can do something about low attendance by turning up to games.

Correct, but it would appear the bulk of supporters can no longer justify going to watch their team get massacred every week. So unless we can acquire some sort of mind altering device, " it is what it is".

There seem to be a few sarcasm detectors in need of repair. I hope we smash the filth the weekend, let's get that clear.

What player exodus???

Oh you mean the media lead rumor of a player exodus? The same media that said McLardy was standing down yesterday and Neeld was sacked and Rawlings was in as caretaker?

Forgive me if I disregard your post......

to be fair, there was fire when we saw the smoke about Tom Scully

It was one of the best 95 point losses I've ever seen as well.

Mind you, I've played and watched footy for around 60 years and have probably only seen,at most, maybe 3 or 4.

94, 96 maybe the same

So it was definitely in the 3-4 best 95 point losses I've seen.

None were good though

Garry Lyon having a dig at the board now....

Pity he made the decisions and avoided the responsibility, now gladly wearing his reporters hat based on input from Well respected Caro.

Our board is pitiful and leaks like an open tap but he should STFU.

Real journalists/commentators don't commentate on things they have directly been involved in as its a conflict of interest, and reduces the value/credibility of their 'perspective'.

Poor form.

PJ influence is happening already, long Board Meeting, cast of thousands of the media waiting for the long walk and what did they get jack schitt and whats better nothing today, looks like we will tell you when we want not when you want it.

And for the future, add Hogan, maybe Toumpas , Davis and a couple of newly recruited midfielders and get our rucking division right (Fitzpatrick IS a real talent) and we are DEFINITELY on the right track... Neeld or no Neeld.....But will MN receive any credit when (not if) we turn things around?? :lol:

Will Dean Bailey receive any credit?

Should Dean bailey receive any credit?