• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Dylan Shiel

If a 25 year old Buddy is worth a 9 year contract, surely someone like Shiel would be worth 5 or 6 I order to attract him to the club. Players like Shiel are in hot demand and we need to be doing something to differentiate ourselves from the big clubs like Carlton and Collingwood. I know it is a risk but the presidency has been set -

I think Buddy is 26 and 27 in January? But good point, try to give him a long term deal he can't refuse! However, GWS still has to trade him

If a 25 year old Buddy is worth a 9 year contract, surely someone like Shiel who is 20 would be worth offering 6 or 7 year contract in order to attract him to the club. If he was on the market He would be in hot demand, and the Dees would need to be doing something to differentiate ourselves from the bigger clubs to make him want to come to us. I know there are risks but with Franklin the precedence has been set and offering long term job security might be a deciding factor.

If a 25 year old Buddy is worth a 9 year contract, surely someone like Shiel would be worth 5 or 6 I order to attract him to the club. Players like Shiel are in hot demand and we need to be doing something to differentiate ourselves from the big clubs like Carlton and Collingwood. I know it is a risk but the presidency has been set -

They offered Buddy the presidency too? Sheesh!

Mahoney has already said there doesn't look like a trade will be done for a single player.

So that rules out shiel

I don't think so, there is no reason why the trade could not involve players and picks.

The Ox was very strong again last night that Shiel would be heading to the dees later in the trade period. He obviously knows something but I still don't think he feels it's locked in stone.

• Like 1

Suggest one?

I am no good with trade stuff but I believe GWS are looking for some experienced senior bodies like us and St Kilda know they have to rebuild so:

pick 2 to St Kilda

St Kilda give a number of senior players/pick to GWS.

GWS gives us Shiel

As I said I am not very good as these things (it would involve a bit more than that but something along those lines).

Or of course they can just take pick 2 or whatever and trade it themselves.

Edited by Young Dee

Mahoney can GAGF then.

I don't know why, but Mahoney continually leaves me feeling like the way Royal did, when he first became an assistant Under Neeld at the MFC, or when we drafted Cook at pick 12.

Let's just say i'm underwhelmed.

Edited by Demon Disciple
  • Like 1

I don't know why, but Mahoney continually leaves me feeling like the way Royal did, when he first became an assistant Under Neeld at the MFC, or when we drafted Cook at pick 12.

Why would he be spruiking our deals all over the place?

By all reports, he plays a straight bat and never scores off his deliveries.

• Like 2

I am no good with trade stuff but I believe GWS are looking for some experienced senior bodies like us and St Kilda know they have to rebuild so:

pick 2 to St Kilda

GWS gives us Shiel

As I said I am not very good as these things (it would involve a bit more than that but something along those lines).

Or of course they can just take pick 2 or whatever and trade it themselves.

The problem with that is that we're not really required:

GWS gives St Kilda Shiel

It's an absolute disgrace that Josh Mahoney leaves you underwhelmed.

More whelming I say, whelm us Josh.

• Like 2

Why would he be spruiking our deals all over the place?

By all reports, he plays a straight bat and never scores off his deliveries.

He's going fishing with pick 2 as bait and waiting to see who'll bite - I don't think they actually want to trade pick 2, it's just a tactic to get clubs talking to them about players. I have to agree it does appear to be a little too much of a display, perhaps looking desperate and inexperienced is designed to be part of the hook.

He's going fishing with pick 2 as bait and waiting to see who'll bite - I don't think they actually want to trade pick 2, it's just a tactic to get clubs talking to them about players. I have to agree it does appear to be a little too much of a display, perhaps looking desperate and inexperienced is designed to be part of the hook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNYC7UsE5wU

• Like 1

The problem with that is that we're not really required:

GWS gives St Kilda Shiel

"In an open letter to members posted on saints.com.au, Pelchen revealed the Saints would aggressively pursue early draft picks over the next four years, in a bid to "restore the balance" to their list."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-12/saints-prepped-for-lean-times

I hope Saints fans know what they are in for - some tough times ahead. (almost feel sorry for them)

"Aggressively pursue early draft picks" mmmmmm - I remember us doing that - don't think it ended so well.

Anyone on the Saints list we want or would it have to be a 3 way trade?

I can't go back to the transcript of what Ox said but he said something like he was very confident that we would be obtaining for our number 2 pick a guy at GWS numbered between 1 and 10.Then Mark Allen came back at him with "you mean between 6 and 7?" Then Shiel's name was mentioned. Only problem with that is I think he has number 5? Mark Allen may have just got his numbering wrong! I think it was on the run home on Wednesday.

As for all this talk about pick 21 or 22 for Sylvia compo, I just cannot see it! It will be more than likely around mid 30's (after our 3rd round pick) or at very best at end of 2nd round which would be early 30's.

6 & 7??? thats a choice of Whitfield & Rhys Palmer for P2 ? it wouldn't be Whitfield I would have thought. so Mark Allen must be taking tha p1ZZ.

unless they're teasing all of us?

but I reckon their may be something to it for Schwarta to mention it? but whom/s could it be?

6 & 7??? thats a choice of Whitfield & Rhys Palmer for P2 ? it wouldn't be Whitfield I would have thought. so Mark Allen must be taking tha p1ZZ.

unless they're teasing all of us?

but I reckon their may be something to it for Schwarta to mention it? but whom/s could it be?

What I am saying is, I believe Mark allen meant Dylan Shiel but just got his numbering wrong! The earth is slow but the OX is patient!

The way i feel about this is if we get Shiel for pick 2 we win. if we don't get Shiel and we keep pick 2 we still win.

It is a good situation to be in!

Yes and I will be quite happy with Nathan Frreman!

If we can nab Dylan Shiel, I'll be forgetting about Stewy Dew pretty quick.

If there is one team that can afford to let go of a young midfield talent it's GWS.

By the sounds of it GWS are into Scharenberg in a big way so they would probably weigh up the relative value of Shiel & Scharenberg to their list when we offer them pick 2 for Shiel - They would lean towards Scharenberg I reckon.

It's fair to say Shiel holds greater relative value to our list than Scharenberg, but I'm open to be convinced otherwise?

Only sticking point is convincing Shiel to come to us.

Edited by Roosy's Bruisers