Cameron Pederson

Weedster

Give him a go down back, with Watts going up forward, Gawn playing well up forward, hogan coming in next yr, try him at CHB.

Can't be any worse than Sellar and the only other backup after Sellar is Davis.

Worth a go....

Have to disagree here. He was taken late, about 25, by North, as he was not seen to be AFL standard by any club earlier.

He only played 2 games last year.

Yes he has only played a few for us, but he looks very ordinary to me.

I can't see any reason you would give him a 3 year deal. He is a short, relief ruckman and an ordinary forward.

We must let the Club know, what with your years of recruiting experience at AFL level behind you

Whilst 3 is overs I had seen enough of his form at VFL and AFL level to know it has been far better than anything we have seen thus far. 3 is only ridiculous dependant on what we are paying him. If he doesn;t get a game this year then with a fit Clark, Dawes, entry of Hogan and maturing of gawn it wont happen unless its at the other end of the ground.

NB: Hard to go Kelly O'Donnell for this and ignore Matt Jones and Dean Terlich at the same time.

Damn your NB, I was enjoying that stupid post about Kelly O'Donnell, I was going to shoot it down

We must let the Club know, what with your years of recruiting experience at AFL level behind you

I think you have taken a bad stab in the dark, would you like to compare the list of players you have recruited to the MFC with mine.

I'll give you a teaser a hit and a near miss. Graham Yeats and Wayne "dominator" Johnston, who we nearly got but for a broken leg to a Carlton player in a practice match. Read page 27 of the Dominator's book, you will find the story.

PS. You also make the same mistake as many on here, you attack the man not the ball. I have the right to an opinion even if you disagree with it.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 1

I think you have taken a bad stab in the dark, would you like to compare the list of players you have recruited to the MFC with mine.

I'll give you a teaser a hit and a near miss. Graham Yeats and Wayne "dominator" Johnston, who we nearly got but for a broken leg to a Carlton player in a practice match. Read page 27 of the Dominator's book, you will find the story.

PS. You also make the same mistake as many on here, you attack the man not the ball. I have the right to an opinion even if you disagree with it.

Yes you have the right to an opinion, you just don't seem to appreciate people disagreeing with it, sorry your almightiness, of course you're right

I don't know what 'Redleg's recruiting experience is but it wouldn't be to hard to top what has been well recognised (and proven by results) as pretty poor form over the last few years by the professionals.

• Like 1

Does that mean the end of your whingeing posts as well then, if you are not watching you will have no valid input, not that we would notice the change

I pay my money...i speak. If you don't like it don't read it.

If you like watching this great club die so be it...I want people replaced before it is too late.

It is not defending, it is ridiculing the so called experts on here that want every single player we recruit to come out in his first game, get 40 possessions, kick 10 goals, lay 15 tackles, look good on camera in the post game interview, and have a quickie with the opposition's gun midfielders girlfriend in the dressing room straight after the game to really prove a point

He has played 20 odd games, he is still developing, perhaps it might be a dud choice and if that is the case the Footy Dept will fix that, but "we" have no idea about the drafting and why it happened

Nor do I think, do they.

• Like 2

Sorry jumbo - your photo is not very clear, and I can't be sure if I detect the tongue-in-cheek or not.

I've seen a couple of things (that's all I'm clinging to, btw) where he's too short to ruck, but he looks strong.

He picked up and dumped Scully like he was a rag doll.

Sewell, Kennedy type? He could be good clearance player.

I've seen a couple of things (that's all I'm clinging to, btw) where he's too short to ruck, but he looks strong.

He picked up and dumped Scully like he was a rag doll.

Sewell, Kennedy type? He could be good clearance player.

He's about the same size, interesting idea.

He did a lot more than just linger in the VFL, won B&F.

Hale couldn't get a game at North either.

So did Bate and second in the VFL comp.

On that basis Pedersen should be playing in the Bendigo team

We need to try to develop whoever is on our list, especially if we have made a long term commitment to them, I like the suggestion of putting to work down back, he seems agile enough, it is at least worth a try.

I think they have plenty of backs at Casey

Every club has a not quite good enough player on their books.

Neeld said give him 3 years and that fills that spot. Now we can concentrate on building the team.

Christ. We have logjam of those players on the list. We didn't need another.

• Like 1

Every club has a not quite good enough player on their books.

Neeld said give him 3 years and that fills that spot. Now we can concentrate on building the team.

Is this a serious post?

We have at least 10 not quite good enough players. At least.

I think Pedersen will be a handy back up backman from next year onwards for Frawley & McDonald as there's a good chance both Sellar & Davis will be gone. Gives 2 years for another young tall to develop at Casey I guess?

I think Pedersen will be a handy back up backman from next year onwards for Frawley & McDonald as there's a good chance both Sellar & Davis will be gone. Gives 2 years for another young tall to develop at Casey I guess?

First he has to justify his spot in the team.

I have seen nothing to suggest he is doing that or will in the future.

First he has to justify his spot in the team.

I have seen nothing to suggest he is doing that or will in the future.

I'm not by any stretch suggesting he's best 22. I'm saying he'll be handy depth down back for Frawley & McDonald if either were to be injured while we develop another young tall defender as I suspect both Sellar & Davis will be gone at seasons end.

I agree he's certainly struggled so far this year.

Has Pederson ever played down back?

Those of you with eyes on the VFL might be able to Illuminate us all. I've only seen him forward and on the ball.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2013-04-08/round-1-vfl-player-review

I'm led to believe he played down back in the VFL often before he was drafted to North Melbourne.