Culture - It's time to quit stuff like this

Soidee

Almost without exception over many years I have cringed every time supporters clap our team off at half time when they are losing. Actually, will all those who do this STOP! When the team wins and playing well go hard by all means but not at half time.

It's a piece of our culture that makes me cringe.

• Like 4

Can't stop kids being kids. But it would nice to see the race manned by people neither clapping or abusing but constructive comment. Ie we are with you and you can do if you try.

To be honest I doubt the players really listen to what happens. They just get off the field

Our supporters never support when we are down .

We are extremely timid and ,like the players ,need to come out of our shells.

I cant get up and froth ,gesticulate and berate everyone all by myself .

The men in white coats will get me eventually .

• Like 3

I disagree, the fact they are supporters suggest otherwise - because we are always down.

I disagree, the fact they are supporters suggest otherwise - because we are always down.

Whats the point of being there if you sit and whinge .

Enthusiasm is infectious ,as is the losing vibe.

• Like 1

I heard on the news today that there is funding for a new mental health facility in the western suburbs.

Can't stop kids being kids. But it would nice to see the race manned by people neither clapping or abusing but constructive comment. Ie we are with you and you can do if you try.

To be honest I doubt the players really listen to what happens. They just get off the field

they certainly hear it, & it does effect their subconscious.

It eats away at our intensity when we are struggling... leave it until after we've won the game...

cheer cheer the Red & the Blue, this is, the way to do!

You can't control the general public.

Our club is made up collectively of many individuals who react differently to different circumstance.

These 'should be' professional footballers and further adults, and shouldn't think because people clap them off when they are down that life is good.

If they want to win enough no amount of clapping from supporters at half time should matter.

I witness many other teams clap their players off at half time when down and guess what no one says they are creating a soft culture.

When you are losing the cliche's about supporters come on out and people like to think we have more influence than unfortunately we actually do.

I heard on the news today that there is funding for a new mental health facility in the western suburbs.

There are too many meth heads out this way .

My problems are more deeply rooted than just some sh1tty addiction .

If they must lock me up ,I would hope it is in a private facility with troubled rich kids and actors.

It might be my narcissism talking but I'm better than that .

You can't control the general public.

Our club is made up collectively of many individuals who react differently to different circumstance.

These 'should be' professional footballers and further adults, and shouldn't think because people clap them off when they are down that life is good.

If they want to win enough no amount of clapping from supporters at half time should matter.

I witness many other teams clap their players off at half time when down and guess what no one says they are creating a soft culture.

When you are losing the cliche's about supporters come on out and people like to think we have more influence than unfortunately we actually do.

should, could, would've, doesn't.

Half time send off clapping, when the team is down & in a rebuild, undermines their intensity. it has been shown many times.

when the team finally matures & gains many games of experience, they'll know to beware of fake confidence.

There are too many meth heads out this way .

My problems are more deeply rooted than just some sh1tty addiction .

If they must lock me up ,I would hope it is in a private facility with troubled rich kids and actors.

It might be my narcissism talking but I'm better than that .

Time for a reality check Biffo.

You are in denial - too many nights at the Gatwick.

Man up! Take the public health option and hope for the best.

• Like 1

should, could, would've, doesn't.

Half time send off clapping, when the team is down & in a rebuild, undermines their intensity. it has been shown many times.

when the team finally matures & gains many games of experience, they'll know to beware of fake confidence.

all good - we disagree

I just don't see how you could ever hope to create a culture at any club where no one at all claps at half time.

By the way I absolutely hate that supporters do it and don't agree with it at all.

...play on.

Edited by Footynut

Too many supporters of this club accept and applaud mediocrity.

...and players and officials, maybe. IT MUST STOP.

• Like 1

Biff u weren't the guy up the back of the punt road end (behind the cheer squad slightly off centre towarrds the southern stand side) screaming and starting the chant "lets go Melbourne lets go!" were you?

Biff u weren't the guy up the back of the punt road end (behind the cheer squad slightly off centre towarrds the southern stand side) screaming and starting the chant "lets go Melbourne lets go!" were you?

No-I'm a different nuffy.

I was going off my [censored] for big Max ,who has the persona to bring back some confidence to us all.

all good - we disagree

I just don't see how you could ever hope to create a culture at any club where no one at all claps at half time.

By the way I absolutely hate that supporters do it and don't agree with it at all.

...play on.

We certainly Do.

I clapped today often, & cheered & yelled out at the top of my voice. that isn't the problem... clapping small individual contest wins is very different.

But when the whole grandstand stands in unison, to applaud the side off the ground after a Half of Footy, more often than not will make the players feel more content, more relaxed, & more likely to lose their high intensity, that they've been spending the week, trying to rebuild...

Leave it out Until after the Game, & then give them both Barrels... All they can take,, after the Game is Won !

Edited by dee-luded

If there is something to the logic that there should be no cheering/ clapping at half time because it will make the players soft and lose focus, then I suggest dont just hold it til the end of the match....

We must stop all clapping til we win a flag

.....this rewarding of players for just winning a game is ruining us.

What a load of old cobblers