• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Come on Neeldy prove the masses wrong

Soidee

Any replacement is coming at the end of the year.

Neeld has the rest of the season to salvage something.

And, yes, I realise that he may go before that. That would mean he didn't salvage anything.

Having a caretaker for more than half the season is simply pointless. Either they get the job or you have wasted half a year.

• Like 3

I would agree - you can blame the current coach but the problems stem way, way back. Sanderson or Scotts would be in the same position as Neeld. Atleast he has taken steps to improve training and fitness. It is just going to take a bit longer to get the players to play the way he wants. I'd stick with neeld.

Wrong! Scott, any Great Scott would not of made trade mistakes, game plan mistakes etc. They motivate more and get the best out of players. That's the job of a coach. Great Scott!! Don't you see these guys are sick and tired of Neeld. Did anyone see his address pre Essendon game? Great Scott!!

• Like 1

Maybe I am ridiculously naive but I was expecting some signs of improvement by now. I know everyone says that the squad (particularly the midfield) is not up to scratch but bad players just do not get this far without either demonstrating that they have what it takes or have the potential to develop it.

I've gone along (and will continue to go along) to the first two games and it makes no sense to me to see players not consistently trying hard enough or not making the 2nd and 3rd efforts that other teams' players are making. I cannot believe that the remaining players are no longer fit enough to put in a concerted effort for less than 10 minutes.

I hear (and believe)players like Mitch and Col Garland say that they want to play for Neeld so why is it that so many of our players seem incapable & incompetent.

Agreed...Why drop Watts and retain Sellar? Why retain Byrnes at the expense of Blease? Why not give Gawn a crack and rest Jamar? Has anyone ever seen Mark Jamar actually run? ANYBODY??

Neeld needs to demonstrate quickly that he can get a team to play to their potential - win or lose. Without that effort, his days have to be numbered. And if he goes, his replacement will need to clear out any players that talk the talk but are unwilling or unable to walk the walk.

I sincerely hope that we show something on Saturday and that supporters, players, coaches & officials can start enjoying footy again.

Ps would like to understand and be informed about the reasons for the dropping of Blease & Watts. Makes no sense to me.

Not even close Moonshadow - Neeld simply hasn't got it - he was a bad choice. Stop blaming the players and anyone else. We need to lose MN and NC fast!

Disagree hardnut. If you read my comments, you would know that I was not an apologist for Neeld and recognised he could have done things differently. But following your logic, we should keep all the players and everyone else, cause they're not to blame? LAMO! If we axe Neeld and Craig now, no one we want would go near us. Neeld and Craig have been with us for just over a season! It's been a terrible start to the season, but it is round 2.

Who you gonna follow when we fold or relocate after Neeld and Craig are sacked?

Disagree hardnut. If you read my comments, you would know that I was not an apologist for Neeld and recognised he could have done things differently. But following your logic, we should keep all the players and everyone else, cause they're not to blame? LAMO! If we axe Neeld and Craig now, no one we want would go near us. Neeld and Craig have been with us for just over a season! It's been a terrible start to the season, but it is round 2.

All wrong Moonshadow. So many people would back themselves from here! Genuinely have nothing to lose now.

A coach who was fresh, and not tainted by the awful club politics could legitimately say "Boys, I dont know what the hell has happened at this club, but I do know that everyone expects us to go out and lose by 20 goals. Let's have some fun proving them wrong."

I would turn up to watch that any day.

Did i say most Dee supporters were not expecting better, Macca? And with all due respect, if you are going to provide stats, at least do not claim them to represent all at 'land when not everyone contributed to them, otherwise those stats do lie. Nor are they a true sample of what wider footy fans thought of us. Besides, it is only normal for Dee supporters to expect improvement. I did.

As I said, if we are to continue down the path of axing coaches well before their contracts are up, we will end up in a far greater mess than we are now. That was my point which you missed.

My post was not in direct opposition to your post. It may have come across that way. I was simply adding to your point about expectations and how many might be thinking that we maybe had low expectations when he took over.

I've been reading a few posts saying things along the lines of "What did you expect, we were supposed to be this bad" and in my opinion that's an incorrect comment. The 2 links to last years polls were to highlight not to you, but to others who were reading the post.

I did see your point Moonshadow but sometimes I'll quote someone because it can be used as a reference point. In other words you say something, then I say something which is along similar lines but really quite different.

I understand your support for the coach and that's fair enough. I view things differently and you have to accept that as well. A coach should never be beyond criticism in my eyes. Same goes for the players as a whole, the Administration or the Board. What's wrong with holding all of them to account?

Tell you what, if Neeld starts getting the team playing good football and we start winning games, I'll be one of the first to say well done. I don't ever mind being wrong. It's just opinions, Neeld will coach away, never knowing that this conversation took place. It's like having a chat in the pub.

Edit : I will give Neeld some real credit if he can get this team into the Finals. That's a consistent opinion I've always had with any coaches, of any club, in any sport.

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

My post was not in direct opposition to your post. It may have come across that way. I was simply adding to your point about expectations and how many might be thinking that we maybe had low expectations when he took over.

I've been reading a few posts saying things along the lines of "What did you expect, we were supposed to be this bad" and in my opinion that's an incorrect comment. The 2 links to last years polls were to highlight not to you, but to others who were reading the post.

I did see your point Moonshadow but sometimes I'll quote someone because it can be used as a reference point. In other words you say something, then I say something which is along similar lines but really quite different.

I understand your support for the coach and that's fair enough. I view things differently and you have to accept that as well. A coach should never be beyond criticism in my eyes. Same goes for the players as a whole, the Administration or the Board. What's wrong with holding all of them to account?

Tell you what, if Neeld starts getting the team playing good football and we start winning games, I'll be one of the first to say well done. I don't ever mind being wrong. It's just opinions, Neeld will coach away, never knowing that this conversation took place. It's like having a chat in the pub.

Ok, apologies Macca. Respect your views.

I agree with moonshadow. Lets wait till round 11.

All wrong Moonshadow. So many people would back themselves from here! Genuinely have nothing to lose now.

A coach who was fresh, and not tainted by the awful club politics could legitimately say "Boys, I dont know what the hell has happened at this club, but I do know that everyone expects us to go out and lose by 20 goals. Let's have some fun proving them wrong."

I would turn up to watch that any day.

Lol! Then you're easily pleased if you think that it's that simple to turn things around.

Love this one. No one at the club has broken ranks yet and admitted that Neeld was an unfortunate error. The Schwab sacking was done without any conviction by Mclardy. Preaching stability on Monday, sacking Tuesday and then back to preaching the stability model on Wednesday.

I guess they are waiting for GWS. Last Saturday was enough for me.

An ex player told me that senior players do not support neeld. Therefore, we either sack our remaining good players or we sack neeld.

The writing is on the wall. How long do we have to persist with the blindfold on.

We need;

New president

New CEO

New ticket

New coach

New start

New spirit

New hope

New future

Hurry up!!!

• Like 1

Lol! Then you're easily pleased if you think that it's that simple to turn things around.

Cute. All I'm saying is that while we have Neeld we are still going backwards. A fresh coach would be a chance at starting the long climb back up.

Guest rednblue4life

At the time, of course not. Knowing what we do now about the state of the club, perhaps it was, demonstrative.

I meet Baily shortly after he was sacked he was doing some work with the calder cannons he said we should be ready for finals the year after he left he thourght we had a grate list and seemed disrested he got let go.

Cute. All I'm saying is that while we have Neeld we are still going backwards. A fresh coach would be a chance at starting the long climb back up.

Bwahahahahah! Short memory. We've said that our last 2 coaches. How'd that work out for you?

Maybe you should chair the next selection committee, cause your always right, eh?!!!

Bwahahahahah! Short memory. We've said that our last 2 coaches. How'd that work out for you?

Maybe you should chair the next selection committee, cause your always right, eh?!!!

Like Schwarta, I'm there if they want me ;)

• Like 1

ANYONE that has a proven coaching record

There aren't that many around with proven track records....

Sheedy?? His ego might push him into the gig.

Clarkson wouldn't come.

Ratten's terrible.

Scotts aint going anywhere

Mark Williams? Maybe....

The problem is that the game is changing so quickly that anyone out of the game for more than 3-5 years struggles to pick up the tempo.

Apparently Woewodin is going really well...but, he's embroiled in some drug controversy.

Ok, apologies Macca. Respect your views.

No need to apologise at all, Moonshadow.

If we can stay within 6 goals of the Eagles at the finish, then we will have probably played a lot better. For everyone's sake we need that to happen. Even an honourable loss might have to do. A win would be great but realistically, it's a big ask.

Let's hope they all had a good chat in Sorrento and nutted things out. If they can find some common ground and come to a consensus then things could change for the better.

Even if the team just went handball happy and only used the corridor. Just change it up. Do something different.

• Like 1

And if you've got the 18th ranked midfield, you're prone to being ranked really low for i50's and ranked really high for defensive i50 entries.

For Neeld's sake he needs the midfield to generate into something effective. And with Jones, Jamar, McKenzie (inj- coming back), a splattering of first year players in Viney, Toumpas, and some mature players who may be inconsistent - Sylvia, Bail, Jones......plus our skippers...

It really is an underwhelming midfield lacking quality and any cohesion at present.

How Sylvia wasn't dropped when Watts was, he was worse than Watts, 10 year player and no. 3 draft pick, he's been getting away with playing crap football for years.

How Sylvia wasn't dropped when Watts was, he was worse than Watts, 10 year player and no. 3 draft pick, he's been getting away with playing crap football for years.

Yes. Will be shattered if watts leaves.

Sylvia? Who cares?

I honesty think he's already resigned.

If the person that basically hired you steps down BECAUSE their decisions haven't planned out, that's basically admitting Neeld was the wrong choice.

Can't imagine him picking things up tbh. He's look a shadow of his former self this week, like he's reached breaking point.

People have to look ahead before they call for Neeld to be sacked. One of the issues is there are many options out there. We can't nick someone from another club - who the hell would want to come to us? Sure Craig might be caretaker but I can't see him wanting to catch in the long term at all. Sheedy, who knows but I think it is probably beyond him to be honest.

Edited by Django
  • Like 1

During 2012 I was of the view that despite underwhelming results Neeld should be given a fair crack at it. Muppets calling for his head in 2012 were being hysterical. Of course, they'll try & claim some sort of divine foresight now (King et al). However, the only reasonable position for the club (or any reasonable person) to take was to deal with a season where we were hopefully going backwards to go forwards. Neeld had to deal with an absurd amount of off-field distractions which would've just about been the toughest coaching initiation in history.

The landscape has changed. Neeld should go. He has made a bad situation worse. I've never seen a team scream "we don't want to play for this bloke" any louder. He has had another pre season, training to elite standards (lol), got rid of the players he didn't want & brought in a whole new raft of NQR's rather than developing the ones that were already there. If he was any sort of coach he would have them putting in on match day. Whilst there always would've been pressure on at 0-2 the lack of effort has stood out like a sore thumb.

While there will be some who use the argument: "who is a better alternative?" I honestly don't believe that anybody could be worse than Neeld. We need a caretaker coach who can instill some confidence back into the players and elicit a modicum of effort out of the group on match day. Meanwhile, the club can spend the rest of the year headhunting the best available coach.

Sacking the coach is an infinitely better alternative than letting this club slide further into mire with uncompetitive performances.

Edited by Jimmi C