• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Time to go Mark Neeld

Grand New Flag

One of the signs I look for in terms of where Melb is at, is the performance of our Casey team. Are they winning? are our boys getting the right workout at Casey? are the MFC Casey players putting real pressure on the first 22?

So it's good to see us undefeated, with a good contingent of MFC player pushing for spots. Liked that the Casey Coach is aligned with Neeld and is implementing at Casey the game plan Neeld wants the boys to play when they come up to the firsts. Indicates that there is a clear plan on how to build depth and develop our younger players.

Just another one of the foundations that Neeld has put in place, that will bear fruit in time.

Edited by PaulRB
  • Like 6

Mate, just look at our performance under Neeld. Do I have to say any more. Compare that to Malthouse at Carlton in just a few games or Hinkley at Port Adelaide.

And don't give me, its the players fault. It is wearing very very thin. Neeld aint up to it. I think 26 rounds of footy has proven me right. But if you want to hold onto your little delusional fantasy for another 2 years, be my guest, just dont tell me to swallow it. Let see how we go against a similar side like Brisbane. Another 10+ goal defeat is not acceptable. Full Stop.

I think this^^^^^^show your complete lack of understanding about where this footy club is and where its going.......We hired Neeld to construct a football side that can play the modern game......We hired a football dept to completely rebuild and change a terrible culture which had presided for the past 6 years.

These things do not happen overnight......I appreciate that supporters want instant success but I think we are at last heading in the right direction......To sack Neeld now would be irresponsible and dangerous

• Like 10

One of the signs I look for in terms of where Melb is at, is the performance of our Casey team. Are they winning? are our boys getting the right workout at Casey? are the MFC Casey players putting real pressure on the first 22?

So it's good to see us undefeated, with a good contingent of MFC player pushing for spots. Liked that the Casey Coach is aligned with Neeld and is implementing at Casey the game plan Neeld wants the boys to play when they come up to the firsts. Indicates that there is a clear plan on how to build depth and develop our younger players.

Just another one of the foundations that Neeld has put in place, that will bear fruit in time.

While I tend to agree with you, we must remember that Melbourne failed to get near a Premiership despite the fact that the Sandringham Zebras went back to back to back. We did however make the finals during those years, which would be nice to experience again.

While I tend to agree with you, we must remember that Melbourne failed to get near a Premiership despite the fact that the Sandringham Zebras went back to back to back. We did however make the finals during those years, which would be nice to experience again.

It's more about moving on from the Fev At Casey period when the needs of the MFC to use Casey as a development nursery were secondary to other imperatives. The new alignment between the MFC and Casey coaches and game plans being taught indicates we are looking to extract the maximum from Casey in terms of improving the MFC team.

The article "Demons strengthen ties with Casey" is encouraging but also highlighted what was not happening previously...

Edited by PaulRB
  • Like 1

I posted this in another thread but it makes more sense here:

I have expressed my concerns for Neelds approach and whilst i have not advocated for him to be sacked i am on record as saying that results will determine his future. Critical to results is whether his players play for him as once a coach has lost his players he's gone. At 3/4 time the whole team would have realized if they came out and turned their toes up there was every chance Neeld was gone. They didn't - quite the opposite.
Say what you like about the strength of the opposition but we were terrific in the last quarter last week and i saw a team finally showing support for their coach and for each other for that matter. There was a spirit there that was not there previously.
I reckon demondames comments about the drug stuff playing on the team were spot on and in my mind would have been a big factor in the funk they were in. But also i suspect the Sorrento trip may have been an opportunity to get some things out and dealt with. Also i wonder if Neeld has realized that his approach has needed some adjustments and perhaps he's making them
I'll add to the above comments that there is a chance that with a crisis such as the one that has engulfed us this season there is the always the chance it can galvanise the FD and playing group. I'm hoping that it has in this case and that last week we turned a big corner. We will see in the first quarter of Sundays game. If we don't 'turn up'then my concern he has lost the players will be reinforced. Alternatively if we play thw whole game with spirit and intensity, then maybe, just maybe the corner has been turned and we are on our way. Fingers crossed.
  • Like 1

It was interesting in Neeld's interview this week he mentioned that when the average games played differential was at 20 games or more, the chance of the younger team winning dropped to around 5%...

• Like 1

It was interesting in Neeld's interview this week he mentioned that when the average games played differential was at 20 games or more, the chance of the younger team winning dropped to around 5%...

To be honest i wish he would stop saying stuff like this. I'm no psychologist but surely the team could do without messages that basically suggest they are going to lose matches against more experienced sides. I get he is trying to temper expectations but he needn't worry about that the performances in rounds 1-3 have achieved that aim.

• Like 5

I find it quite extraordinary that an 18 year old can lift his body weight from 69kgs to 87kgs in two pre seasons, more than 25% of his body weight.

It seems that there are some clubs who have the happy knack of doing this, West Coast, Essendon, Collingwood, Hawthorn, Adelaide, Brisbane and Geelong spring to mind. Funny that most of them have won flags too.

Aren't they the same clubs who have been mentioned as being at the forefront of supplements, sport science and alternative therapies over the years. Who can forget the intravenous drip bandages of the Lions, or the boys to men bodies of the Coast and Crows in the 90's or the stuff that the Hawks were rumoured to be taking in their flag years. Now the Cats and Bombers and Pies have been mentioned in relation to players taking substances.

Yes they all probably worked hard in the gym, but did they have help outside the Gym?

• Like 2

Craig to coach end of season/ Neeld to assistant.

Everyone honors existing contracts no harm

Done

Craig has said he won't coach again and he wouldn't take our job anyway, as he would be seen as possibly undermining Mark.

I think this^^^^^^show your complete lack of understanding about where this footy club is and where its going.......We hired Neeld to construct a football side that can play the modern game......We hired a football dept to completely rebuild and change a terrible culture which had presided for the past 6 years.

These things do not happen overnight......I appreciate that supporters want instant success but I think we are at last heading in the right direction......To sack Neeld now would be irresponsible and dangerous

I think tanotopia is the person behind you at the KFC or Maccas drive-thru who is furiously honking his horn because your order has taken longer than 2 minutes to be fulfilled.

• Like 2

Heard Welch speak last week and I thought he was good in the huddle. Don't know about him during the week though.

To be honest i wish he would stop saying stuff like this. I'm no psychologist but surely the team could do without messages that basically suggest they are going to lose matches against more experienced sides. I get he is trying to temper expectations but he needn't worry about that the performances in rounds 1-3 have achieved that aim.

Not only that but it's the same stuff we heard under Bailey about just having to "get games into the players".

• Like 2

Yeah, but does it also mean that you only kick 5% of their score?

• Like 3

No you're not... you're an impatient "supporter" who is lacking in any kind of foresight and who seemingly has no qualms about destroying what little confidence remains following years of a lack of direction at the club. The players that were delisted, in most cases had been given ample time to show something (Cook, Morton, Bennell, Martin etc) and those that walked, either walked because they did not like the fact that they were suddenly required to make an effort (Beamer) or because they were in the twilight of their career and were hoping to taste some sort of success sooner rather than later (Rivers).

Edited by H_T
Edited tona's tsk tsk post....
  • Like 3

She'll be right, it will just take another few more years. You know, the players arnt quite ready yet. We are still young. Neeld is trying to implement a new game plan. We will get there, We just need unity. Forget about Moloney and Rivers, they were dogs.

We are training well, dosnt really matter that we just got beat by the bomobers by 176 points at our home. We won 2 quaters against GWS. We are on the right track. Neeld has started from so far back.

and so on and so on.

Yeah right, coming from the mouth of REAL DEMONS.

Excuses excuses excuses.

6 years of excuses is enough, actually 1 excuse is enough for me.

Cant you see, people are just trying to secure their positions by blaming everyone but themselves, and people like RPFC just swallow it hook line and sinker. Blaming everyone that Neeld tells him to.

GET SOME BRAINS, CLEAR YOUR VISION AND START TO WAKE UP.

Neeld has shown NOTHING. NOTHING. He just gets worse and worse, more pathetic the performance, the more bold the excuses. And RPFC & co. swallow it up.

Unbelieveable.

This club is made up of the Blind leading the blind.

I just hope a new start happens and quickly. Whatever it takes. I cant put up with this excuse riddled, losers mentality any longer. It makes me sick.

Hey Tonatopia, can you explain to me how sacking the coach, bringing in a new one... won't also take another couple of years? Surely the "New coach" would also have to implement a new game plan, bring in and develop new talent.

It's all too easy to pull other peoples work down when you don't have to build anything yourself.

You say "Whatever it takes" yet refuse to accept that we may well be in the "whatever it takes" moment right now, and that sticking with the current Coach, FD and plans is "whatever it takes" to improve the club.

Edited by PaulRB
  • Like 3

Hey Tonatopia, can you explain to me how sacking the coach, bringing in a new one... won't also take another couple of years? Surely the "New coach" would also have to implement a new game plan, bring in and develop new talent.

It's all too easy to pull other peoples work down when you don't have to build anything yourself.

You say "Whatever it takes" yet refuse to accept that we may well be in the "whatever it takes" moment right now, and that sticking with the current Coach, FD and plans is "whatever it takes" to improve the club.

Not sure why you bother PaulRB

• Like 3

At last, some opportunity to provide examples of turning a club around, and quickly displaying succes. 1-2 seasons.

Let start off with Melbourne;

MFC - 1985 11th, coach change in 1986 - John Northey - 1987 preliminary Finalists with a young team.

MFC - 1997 16th, coach change in 1998 - Neil Daniher - 4th position

Collingwood - 1976 wooden spoon, coach change in 1977 - Tom Hafey - Grandfinalists

Collinwood - 1999 wooden spoon, coach change in 2000 - Mick Malthouse - 2002 - 4th position

Brisbane - 1998 wooden spoon - coach change in 1999 - Leigh Matthews 4th position then 3 premierships

Sydney - 2002 11th - coach change 2002-03 - Paul Roos - 4th

There are so many examples of good coaches turning things around very quickly. The most obvious is that of Ken Hinkley with Port Adelaide this year. Last year they were treated as a basket case and ready to be kicked out of the AFL.

If you go thru the records, youll find that coaches with a similiar record to Neelds first 26 games, find themselves out-the-door pretty quickly. Most football administrations can see a lemon when it is staring them in the face. For some reason, MFC admin and supporters cant see the fact. Just look at the Bailey years, now the Neeld years. Sooooooooo much patience and excuses.

2013 - Port Adelaide - First year coach -

Yeah right, you and your sort want to throw out 3/4 of our players and then blindly throw your support behind an unproven leader.

I AM A REAL DEMON

not like you [censored inappropriate language]

Okaayy.....

Selectively highlighting examples that favour your argument and omitting examples that don't favour your argument is the common approach of a four year old.

Dig a bit deeper and if you're going to research examples perhaps generate a sample that is statistically valid. Then we can have an adult debate based on facts rather than your opinion dressed up is selective examples to "backup" your rambling chaos of an argument.