McLardy, Schwab and Co must go

Muvver Jones

And WE vote for the board etc, so I guess, following your logic, we should sack ourselves... Dumb.

Ah, no actually following that logic we should sack the board. It's good to see you're so content with the state of our club while every sane supporter is sick to the stomach of the situation and the never ending platitudes sent our way to fob us off. While we demand accountability you come out smiling like Chamberlain claiming peace in our time.

Show me the proof you speak of? Sponsors? Nup they've had to go begging supporters to try and line these up for them as they have failed miserably to lure any and have lost some such as Hankook who were led by rusted on supporters. Facilities? This was set up by the previous admin and is definitely not something Schwab or McLardy can take credit for. Business side of MFC? This is extremely vague and doesn't count for much but if you're talking of profit/loss we have struggled to make threadbare profits each year and have only done so due to supporters donating money in unprecedented amounts. This is not a long term sustainable business plan so this area is a big fail also. We will make a loss this year as well which is another cross for "business side" of the club.

We made a profit last year. We signed a new sponsor a couple of weeks ago. We found another sponsor almost immediately after we ditched one due to their CEO's standards not being up to scratch. You really think Schwab/McLardy had nothing to do with AAMI Park etc?

I'm not advocating open slather, but jeez, the silence today has been deafening.

What other club, after a pathetic effort like yesterday, would have the admin sit silent.

There is something wrong with the way this club is run, definitely.

Last year after the Sydney game, nothing until the Monday.

The Jurrah situation in September last year, Port were able to put out a statement before MFC.

The farce of a game on Sunday.......still we wait......

Is there any danger of someone in the administration of this club getting on the front foot for a change?

• Like 3

I'm not advocating open slather, but jeez, the silence today has been deafening.

What other club, after a pathetic effort like yesterday, would have the admin sit silent.

There is something wrong with the way this club is run, definitely.

Last year after the Sydney game, nothing until the Monday.

The Jurrah situation in September last year, Port were able to put out a statement before MFC.

The farce of a game on Sunday.......still we wait......

Is there any danger of someone in the administration of this club getting on the front foot for a change?

Yep, the silence is deafening. If we are going to die can we fight to the death please? Where is our front man? Does the club understand how bad we are feeling? If so show me something. A statement or even a post on here. Even if it does nothing. It shows they are trying to do something. Whilst Schwabb is having unrealistic dreams about China our club has gone through a horror 2012,tanking,Jurrah and now another disgusting effort without a whimper from our CEO.

Show me the proof you speak of? Sponsors? Nup they've had to go begging supporters to try and line these up for them as they have failed miserably to lure any and have lost some such as Hankook who were led by rusted on supporters. Facilities? This was set up by the previous admin and is definitely not something Schwab or McLardy can take credit for. Business side of MFC? This is extremely vague and doesn't count for much but if you're talking of profit/loss we have struggled to make threadbare profits each year and have only done so due to supporters donating money in unprecedented amounts. This is not a long term sustainable business plan so this area is a big fail also. We will make a loss this year as well which is another cross for "business side" of the club.

Does that really matter? The fact is the coach has, in his words, the best facilities in the competition. He also has a hand picked team of assistant coaches and training staff. He offers up no excuses and nor should he, he stands or falls on his results, his team on and off the ground, his plan and his methods.

The previous Board are gone and the current board were re elected unopposed so the time to change them is not now it's next year, if someone wants to run that is.

Edited by RobbieF

Someone at this club is bullshitting to all the members. We are being lied to about the state of play within this club.

The club treats its members in an appalling manner, lies lies and more lies. Get out in the open you lot and explain the truth.

I have paid thousands to this club for a return of utter [censored] and garbage.

• Like 3

Someone at this club is bullshitting to all the members. We are being lied to about the state of play within this club.

The club treats its members in an appalling manner, lies lies and more lies. Get out in the open you lot and explain the truth.

I have paid thousands to this club for a return of utter [censored] and garbage.

Can you elaborate on this; do you have any inside info that the board are telling lies?

If you can confirm it I think a lot on here would appreciate it. I have no contact within the club and therefore have no idea about the internal politics, and since Fanbob disappeared we no longer even get his perspective.

• Like 1

What does a CEO have to do with the players and what could Schwabb have done to pi5s the players off? I have heard plenty on here about sacking Schwabb and if he is the infection he HAS to be removed immediately.

Post Leoncelli's resignation as Footy Director Stynes stepped in but due to his illness was unable to really fulfill the role. The Board comprised of talented business people but without any footy experience was going to offer Bailey a contract extension. Schwab and Connolly stepped up to the plate and did what they had to do. Fitness is just one issue. Neeld, Misson and Craig arrived from Collingwood, St Kilda and Adelaide and were stunned by our players fitness levels. It was so bad that Misson who has an outstanding record at the Swans and the Saints had to put into place a 3 pre season plan to get us up to a competitive elite fitness level.

The loss to Port was unacceptable. But it is Round 1. Our players fitness levels are now close to the elite levels of other clubs. They have no excuse not to run hard both ways for four quarters. No excuse not to work hard every minute of every quarter. Checker Hughes' words should be ringing in their ears: "You are playing like a lot of flowers. Lift your heads and play like demons".

Redemption must start next week. We may not win every week but the effort has to be there every week. Week in. Week out. Lift their heads and play like demons every week.

• Like 2

Gerald Whately said they should go if things don't change in the next month, they also bought up that CS has not been seen or has not spoken pretty much since 186.

Exactly right and I'm glad someone in the media has raised the issue of our rudderless leadership. I have no affiliation one way or the othe and was definitely not a fan Gardner or Szondy (absolute jokes the both of them) however I'm over waiting for results now and the lack of response from our CEO or President is bewildering. Neeld will be in trouble in a couple of weeks also if this keeps up but it is clear to me Schwab has to go and probably McLardy as well. Schwab has done NOTHING since coming back to the club except entrench divisions between different factions and between himself and the Football Department/players. Ask anyone at Freo and they'll tell you he is a cancer and has to go. I disregarded this as the bitterness of the spurned fan but now I'm inclined to believe them. He has no achievements to list since returning several years ago and offers nothing but empty platitudes devoid of substance. He is a slick talker and that's about it and to be honest I don't trust him as far as I could throw him.

Does that really matter? The fact is the coach has, in his words, the best facilities in the competition. He also has a hand picked team of assistant coaches and training staff. He offers up no excuses and nor should he, he stands or falls on his results, his team on and off the ground, his plan and his methods.

The previous Board are gone and the current board were re elected unopposed so the time to change them is not now it's next year, if someone wants to run that is.

I was responding to a post which pointed to our facilities (as well as sponsors and business management) as evidence of Schwab's success since returning to the club and I was pointing out he had nothing to do with that so couldn't claim it as evidence of his success.

• Like 1

What the f___ are you talking about?

We have plenty to gripe about without resorting to whatever this is.

• Like 1

If its so obvious the truth won't come out please put it out there. What are the lies?

The players were not happy with Schwab and went to Don about their griefs, in the end they got shafted.

How do you think they feel in the rooms when Schwab is standing there before a game or at half time, do you reckon it inspires them to perform. Even with the best of intentions it will be in the back of their mind.

...and as for the new players, I'm sure they've been given the story. There was a rumour on here a month or so back that Schwab was gone, it apparently came from a players father, one of the new players. It was not true but it is a concern if that talk is going around the club

On another point, how many club CEO's do you think attract the same negative response as ours does? Why do you think he does? Is he just unlucky? Being picked on for no apparent reason? did he just cost us 1/2 a mill?

He is a protected species at the MFC and no longer seems to be able to talk for the club. Yes Brian you can run the business of the club but you are not allowed to give any interviews or speak on behalf of the Geelong FC unless it is a closed meeting where we can shield you from the hard questions...yeah right.

Neeld will not have a clear reign to coach this club until he is gone, he is coaching with one hand tied behind his back and maybe he doesn't even know. Judging by some Malthouse comments about the club last year my guess is he does know though, and is doing his best.

• Like 2

The players were not happy with Schwab and went to Don about their griefs, in the end they got shafted.

How do you think they feel in the rooms when Schwab is standing there before a game or at half time, do you reckon it inspires them to perform. Even with the best of intentions it will be in the back of their mind.

...and as for the new players, I'm sure they've been given the story. There was a rumour on here a month or so back that Schwab was gone, it apparently came from a players father, one of the new players. It was not true but it is a concern if that talk is going around the club

On another point, how many club CEO's do you think attract the same negative response as ours does? Why do you think he does? Is he just unlucky? Being picked on for no apparent reason? did he just cost us 1/2 a mill?

He is a protected species at the MFC and no longer seems to be able to talk for the club. Yes Brian you can run the business of the club but you are not allowed to give any interviews or speak on behalf of the Geelong FC unless it is a closed meeting where we can shield you from the hard questions...yeah right.

Neeld will not have a clear reign to coach this club until he is gone, he is coaching with one hand tied behind his back and maybe he doesn't even know. Judging by some Malthouse comments about the club last year my guess is he does know though, and is doing his best.

What did Malthouse say about the Club. I very much doubt Malthouse would ever comment on another Club given what he went through at the Filth. But please enlighten us.

What did Malthouse say about the Club. I very much doubt Malthouse would ever comment on another Club given what he went through at the Filth. But please enlighten us.

Remember this was early last year in his media role when Neeld was under attack early in the season, he said something along the lines of there being people at the club with other agendas rather than football and until this was sorted the MFC were going nowhere.

It was a comment along the lines of the MFC being a club that was about anything but football - apparently as relayed to him by Neeld as Neeld's first perception of the club on arrival.

God no. We need to get rid of the old boys club not entrench it.

At least the old boys club have a love for the Red & Blue.

I reckon there are only a handful who would put their body in harms way for the jumper.

As for McLardy & Schwab, if you can't nominate suitable replacements. Then no point sacking them.

Rubbish!

• Like 1

Rubbish!

So the players were happy with Schwab, he is not devisive, our rebuild has been a raging success, he has been doing the rounds of the media and hasn't cost us 1/2 a mill.

Thank god for that, I must have been dreaming it then. The last 5 years haven't happened, it was all in my mind.

If you want more of the same stick with the same guys and the top and you will get it.

So the players were happy with Schwab, he is not devisive, our rebuild has been a raging success, he has been doing the rounds of the media and hasn't cost us 1/2 a mill.

Thank god for that, I must have been dreaming it then. The last 5 years haven't happened, it was all in my mind.

If you want more of the same stick with the same guys and the top and you will get it.

You're being divisive, not Schwab.

He has rebuilt our finances and facilities.

Media is not his job.

He was not implicated in the tanking affair, only Bailey and Connolly.

But don't let actual facts get in the way of a good old fashioned lynching...

• Like 2

You're being divisive, not Schwab.

He has rebuilt our finances and facilities.

Media is not his job.

He was not implicated in the tanking affair, only Bailey and Connolly.

But don't let actual facts get in the way of a good old fashioned lynching...

Now you are just being stupid Cam.

• Like 1