PRACTICE MATCH: CASEY SCORPIONS v PORT MELBOURNE

Whispering_Jack

If you don't count Sylvia and Davey :)

Personally I hope that both Slyvia and Davey play Round 1 [and we thump Port Adelaide!]

I'm in Melbourne this weekend and have a few questions ...

I'm staying in the city. Is there public transport out to Casey?

How far is it to drive from the city (average times)?

And I'm from the country so don't laugh but are we allowed out on the ground at the breaks to kick the footy?

Cheers

drive Josh... its not worth the hassle to get the train & then wait for the bus & then walk 1Klm to the ground. & then back again. plenty parking.

Take the Monash Freeway to Nth Clyde, then just up the road to Casey Fields...

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&gs_rn=7&gs_ri=psy-ab&pq=south+eastern+freeway&cp=25&gs_id=2k&xhr=t&client=firefox-a&hs=sf1&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.44158598,d.aGc&biw=1280&bih=885&q=south+eastern+freeway+victoria&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x6ad646d1f2c40809:0x1d8fc4fc43bf7971,Eastern+Fwy,+VIC&gl=au&sa=X&ei=9QtLUcytGpCkkgX-54CAAw&sqi=2&ved=0CC0Q8gEwAA

MFC players playing for Casey this weekend:

Dominic Barry

Sam Blease

Mitch Clark

Mitchell Clisby

Jack Fitzpatrick

Dean Kent

Tom McDonald

Jordie McKenzie

Nathan Stark

James Strauss

Rory Taggert

Jack Trengove

Josh Tynan

Jack Viney

No Dawes is interesting. I guess they don't want to risk him for Round 1.

I get the impression from comments from Neeld and from the Dee TV Misson report (always interesting actually - hate to play poker against him) that they are super keen to have Clark and Dawes playing together first round, though I suppose that's a given. But I reckon they have placed a pretty big emphasis on winning this game.

MFC players playing for Casey this weekend:

Dominic Barry

Sam Blease

Mitch Clark

Mitchell Clisby

Jack Fitzpatrick

Dean Kent

Tom McDonald

Jordie McKenzie

Nathan Stark

James Strauss

Rory Taggert

Jack Trengove

Josh Tynan

Jack Viney

Dominic Barry, Mitchell Clisby, Jack Fitzpatrick, Dean Kent, Nathan Stark, James Strauss, Rory Taggert, and Josh Tynan are all 'Casey' players (fringe players developing at Casey).

Sam Blease, Mitch Clark, Tom McDonald, Jordie McKenzie, Jack Trengove, and Jack Viney are all in the mix for Round 1 and they all missed the true hitout of the 'best 22' against the Saints at Casey a fortnight ago.

It would be difficult to quantify how Blease, McKenzie, Trengove, and Viney do to our midfield that lost to the Saints but it will no doubt be better for those four in time.

Dominic Barry, Mitchell Clisby, Jack Fitzpatrick, Dean Kent, Nathan Stark, James Strauss, Rory Taggert, and Josh Tynan are all 'Casey' players (fringe players developing at Casey).

Sam Blease, Mitch Clark, Tom McDonald, Jordie McKenzie, Jack Trengove, and Jack Viney are all in the mix for Round 1 and they all missed the true hitout of the 'best 22' against the Saints at Casey a fortnight ago.

It would be difficult to quantify how Blease, McKenzie, Trengove, and Viney do to our midfield that lost to the Saints but it will no doubt be better for those four in time.

I'd argue that Kent has made a pretty solid case for Round 1 selection, much like Tynan did last year, and he should at least be in the group that is "in the mix". I would not be at all surprised if he's donning the MFC jumper in Round 1.

• Like 5

I'd argue that Kent has made a pretty solid case for Round 1 selection, much like Tynan did last year, and he should at least be in the group that is "in the mix". I would not be at all surprised if he's donning the MFC jumper in Round 1.

I can see it happening but the 6 I mentioned would all be deeply entrenched in the best 22 in my view.

And they all need some form and match practice.

I think they are leaning towards not playing Kent in round 1 due to experience and because he's missed time but he also deserves a shot at getting picked.

Strauss I think must feature somewhere in selection after not playing early they might be trying to let him state his case ahead of Jetta and/or Terlich.

McKenzie obviously for some more fitness/match practice. Then the others returning from injury. I wouldn't be surprised to see Blease or McDonald pull out like Dawes have and just played straight into round 1. Viney needs the run and Clark and Trengove have to state their case.

Hopefully Casey play well and the guys get through. Did I see that this was against Port Melbourne? If so its a good test.

I would have to agree.

In both training and games he has been a stand out and I would think if he gets through this game, a spot in Rd.1 would be well earnt.

I'm really hoping Rory Taggert can show something this weekend. I've been spruiking him as one to watch and for once I'd like to get one right! ( see Cale Morton and Lucas Never Played a Game Cook)

• Like 3

I'm really hoping Rory Taggert can show something this weekend. I've been spruiking him as one to watch and for once I'd like to get one right! ( see Cale Morton and Lucas Never Played a Game Cook)

Ha ha that made my day...

please leave Viney out of your posts

• Like 2

Ha ha that made my day...

please leave Viney out of your posts

Josh, I'm not so sure Viney will have an immediate impact. So mark him down as having an immediate impact.

• Like 1

Dawes is not having a great pre-season. Not exactly set up to be earning that coin this year.

He is earning "that sort of coin this year" because that is what he was contracted to. Hardly his fault he has had a few niggles.

Hard track, I don't think Pipefitter was blaming him, just making a pretty reasonable observation

You may be right, but that last line was a little ambiguous... if I misinterpreted it, then unreserved apologies to Pipefitter.
  • Like 1

Dawes is not having a great pre-season. Not exactly set up to be earning that coin this year.

While it's less than ideal, it's not like it's his first or second pre-season either. He will have had half a dozen pre-seasons under Butterfant at Collingwood, which would stand him in pretty good stead. Also, he hasn't been entirely absent from training, only in patches, and I would have thought would have done enough to get his fitness up.

Also, there was the comment from (I think ...) Neeld that the levels of fitness required for mids like Trengove or Blease who are basically "on" all the time, is higher than what it is for players like Dawes or Clark. I got the impression from that that there was a bit more latitude for KPF's in what they need to have ticked off.