Should we tank this year?

Courtney_Fish

I wonder if those who accept the wide definition of tanking think we tanked in 2003 and 2007?

Very interesting.

We certainly rested injured players, played a great number of kids, put Miller at both ends of the field (each person can decide which end was 'punishable experimentation.'

Surely the fact that we didn't benefit from this 'tanking' doesn't mean we didn't tank?

Otherwise, they would be inconsistent...

If Frawley is not happy, why accept a re-appointment to the Leadership team or head of with your teammates to the cricket?

He may now think that 4 years wasn't the best strategic move when he sees players like Pendlebury hedge their bets and up their worth by only signing for one. But at the end of the day if we become a strong club that's winning games and playing finals his current contract won't be his last.

Very interesting.

We certainly rested injured players, played a great of kids, put Miller at both ends of the field (each person can decide which end was 'punishable experimentation.'

Surely the fact that we didn't benefit from this 'tanking' doesn't mean we didn't tank?

Reverse engineering. Take the outcome and then make the preceding process fit to come up with a conclusion that aligns with that outcome.

Very interesting.

We certainly rested injured players, played a great number of kids, put Miller at both ends of the field (each person can decide which end was 'punishable experimentation.'

Cameron Hunter showed some promise....

Cameron Hunter showed some promise....

Gawd...I forgot about him

He made Dom Barry look like a bloody gorilla

I wonder if those who accept the wide definition of tanking think we tanked in 2003 and 2007?
Reading Demonland as I have over the last few months I think most here believe that no team in the history of the AFL has ever tanked. We've managed to redefine the word to completely suit our needs.

I think things would have been different if it had been Carlton being investigated and we'd never received a PP and had no exposure to any ramifications.

Just a guess..........

• Like 2

He may now think that 4 years wasn't the best strategic move when he sees players like Pendlebury hedge their bets and up their worth by only signing for one. But at the end of the day if we become a strong club that's winning games and playing finals his current contract won't be his last.

Frawley will be like Sylvia, as soon as there free agents there gone, Frawley will be the next B lake, playing Fullback for the Hawks.

Reading Demonland as I have over the last few months I think most here believe that no team in the history of the AFL has ever tanked. We've managed to redefine the word to completely suit our needs.

I think things would have been different if it had been Carlton being investigated and we'd never received a PP and had no exposure to any ramifications.

Just a guess..........

So the answer to the question is that we tanked in those years or we didn't tank in those years?

• Like 1

Terrific.

An Age reporter who works at racing stables.

Which of your workplaces produces more horse manure? :lol:

I've always collected the paper from the waste pile, for the building site loo, as well as for the kitty litter tray at home.

But the builders have complained the last year arso, that its gotten a bit abrasive, & they can't stand kero's glare when their using the sports page. One said it's like watching Ellen Digenerous.

It gets worse from there on.

Just a guess..........

From my POV, Carlton didn't do anything differently to what Melbourne did and I don't agree that it's different because it involved us. My gripe is that the Blues have, for some reason been spared the cost, expense and aggravation of an investigation when they did exactly what we did.

I would have preferred it if the AFL conducted an investigation into tanking within the competition which would have embraced all allegations of tanking across the board.

The only club that I believe definitely tanked in that an officer breached the AFL's tanking rule, was Richmond in 2007. Terry Wallace admitted in writing that he did nothing to win a game that would have cost his club a priority pick (later used on Trent Cotchin). I believe an all embracing enquiry into tanking would most likely have resulted in at least that charge.

I accept that Paul Roos was telling the truth when he said he was joking when he told one of his players not to kick a goal in a NAB Cup game once and I reckon CC was gagging about Jimmy falling out of his hospital bed and Zulus and vaults.

Anyway, we're going round in circles.

• Like 1

I won't get into a debate on what tanking is because that is a personal interpretation but I believed we tanked in 2009 and I believed many other clubs did it before us.

As soon as you state definitively that you believe we tanked in 2009 you are in the debate and have indicated what you believe tanking to be and that is what is so farcical about the whole scenario that the AFL established with its investigation.

They've changed the priority pick rules and they did so for a reason. Demetrioumshould be ashamed for his head in the sand attitude over all of those years.

I wonder if those that run this site are aware of the DAMAGE that tanking has done from the outside of this club, i cant understand why these putrid threads cannot be abandoned until the 29th, its just damaging fans even more, there alot more supporters that follow this FANTASTIC forum that are not members,they dont wont to read this crap eveyday, this has got worse than the Scully thread, IMO this garbage should wait until charges or laid or were found to have no case to answer, IMO its not only damaging the club but its damaging this forum.

disagree

the vast majority of the opinions voiced here with regard to 'tankgate' are attempting to explain OUR SIDE of the story, which is that this entire issue is a giant load of bullocks. If it wasn't for us, the only place on the internet for dees supporters to read about the issue would be through the lens of the mainstream media, which is clearly aimed at slagging the heck out of us. 15 years ago, the only opinions would be those of the media vultures, forums like these allow the people to have their say.

• Like 1

I've always collected the paper from the waste pile, for the building site loo, as well as for the kitty litter tray at home.

But the builders have complained the last year arso, that its gotten a bit abrasive, & they can't stand kero's glare when their using the sports page. One said it's like watching Ellen Digenerous.

It gets worse from there on.

Not her articles. Why don't you just photocopy pics of "she who has one and is one" and stick them in your dunnies. Appropriate use I would think.

Thats got nothing to do with TANKING, i heard he thought that 4 yrs was way to long, and if he had his time again it would be 2yrs.

Why did you bring up Frawley's contract then? :wacko:

It's an obvious link to your accusation that the tanking discussion is damaging the club. So to does starting rumours about player contracts.

And based on his performance last year Chip would be glad he signed for 4.

Edited by diesel

Frawley will be like Sylvia, as soon as there free agents there gone, Frawley will be the next B lake, playing Fullback for the Hawks.

If your fortune telling matches your posting quality then I'll be very relaxed about Frawley's future with the Dees.

• Like 1

disagree

the vast majority of the opinions voiced here with regard to 'tankgate' are attempting to explain OUR SIDE of the story, which is that this entire issue is a giant load of bullocks. If it wasn't for us, the only place on the internet for dees supporters to read about the issue would be through the lens of the mainstream media, which is clearly aimed at slagging the heck out of us. 15 years ago, the only opinions would be those of the media vultures, forums like these allow the people to have their say.

I agree curry, & this is how Cartels get away with stuff, & also how they run off the rails.

If they control the media with a whip hand, the rot has already entered the building.

The footy media are a weak bunch of puppets, taking they're place in a Congoline of puppeteers & puppets.

I agree curry, & this is how Cartels get away with stuff, & also how they run off the rails.

If they control the media with a whip hand, the rot has already entered the building.

The footy media are a weak bunch of puppets, taking they're place in a Congoline of puppeteers & puppets.

and we are an easy target

if it was collingwood in the line of fire they would hold back so as not to ruffle the feathers of their biggest paying group

as it stands we are a sitting duck in this competition in every meaning of the term, 6 years of pathetic football, a failed rebuild, a failed coach (bailey), a stack of 'elite' draft picks yet to bear any fruit, eternelly tetering on the brink of financial collapse, and now our integrity called in to question - we have been the whipping boy for far too long, I'm sure many sympathise with me when i say I want SO BAD for us to start winning games of football, I want SO BAD to be walking away from the G having beaten the Hawks or the Pies, I feel like I will explode if I have to wait much longer... and make no mistake, if the day ever comes when we are kicking some arse, i will be carrying on to everyone I know like the greatest [censored] on Earth, because w eill have earnt it more than just about anyone*

*To be fair, the Saints and the Dogs have one flag each.. ever. The tigers have made the finals twice in 30 years. They've earnt a little success too.