"Tanking"

Whispering_Jack

Well time will tell master demon . We're all lying in the cutter just some of us are staring at the stars.

Hey BH, not sure if you're saying "master demon" as a bit of a dig, but you'll find the name of the poster above where it says "master demon", they use those names as a kind of ranking thing connected with how many posts you've made here, ie- yours says "rookie demon" but just above it is your actual Demonland name. Just trying to clarify it for you, hope it helps.

Guest Boss hog

I'v been reading demon land for years . But never posted .It will be good when this TANKING is over and we start winning and we can all post some positive news that's what we as supporters need

• Like 3

I'v been reading demon land for years . But never posted .It will be good when this TANKING is over and we start winning and we can all post some positive news that's what we as supporters need

Could not agree more.

Go Dees

• Like 2

We all love the club, but I seriously think your worries are unfounded.

I hope you're right. It's so hard to second guess the AFL though. I think most of AFL HQ would stare at you blankly if you asked them to follow a precedent.

Everybody........breathe out !!!!! Lol

I subscribe to the view that silence is golden and it seems that so does Cameron Schwab according to an afl.com.au reporter - Schwab quiet on tanking.

I learned a great deal from this article which on the surface appears to be about nothing*, most importantly that there is a major conspiracy afoot. In the space of less than 24 hours the report compiled by AFL investigators on alleged tanking by the MFC has gone from 800 to 1,000 and back to 800 pages. I demand to know what happened to the now missing 200 pages and I want to know now!

* like the growing body of literature on the subject of tanking, it's seemingly like an episode of Seinfeld - much ado about nothing. Writing about it is becoming a new art form.

• Like 1

Hopefully this will all go away now, but I suspect that the AFL will now decide to run with some sort of charge on someone to show they are doing something, so this is likely to linger on throughout the year. Sadly we have seen another example of the AFL in their delusions of adequacy today with the dob yourself in drug cheat rules similar in vain to the tanking, the AFL has known it has been misused for years but its only when the newspapers or someone comes out and rocks the boat that they turn around and start trying to look as if they are doing something about it.

Carrot Top, on 30 Jan 2013 - 20:19, said:

I hope you're right. It's so hard to second guess the AFL though. ...

This is the whole point. We know that the AFL will make the decision according to their own interest, and that their most important interest in matters such as this is their image.

And we think it should be obvious that it's in their best interest not to punish us.

But we just can't be sure of it, because the character of the AFL is such that they're impossible to second-guess.

It's likely that it all hangs on being able to find a face-saving way for them not to punish us, that will satisfy the most voracious of hounds fro the press and from other codes. You'd think this wouldn't be difficult.

But there's still that doubt, that it's by no means beyond them to do us in. Just because they can. Which is what bothers me.

• Like 1

I just tweeted Brett Anderson from Inside Footy/SEN asking if he was still confident in his no case to answer call. He gave me a one word reply that said EXTREMELY.

I guess we wait and see...

What's his form like? I don't think I've noticed anything he's done before other than some draft stuff.

Just heard on the Radio the AFL has acknowledged the MFC delivered their response at 7. PM last night.

I wonder why at 7, they have had weeks.

Tactic perhaps?

I'm not surprised they took every second they had - and that the photocopier over heated at the last minute. With 4 separate responses and so many alternative approaches for each, I'm sure they put in big big hours. No wonder Don's press release was short - he wouldn't have had much sleep in the preceding 72 hours. Fees will be huge.

I actually like Healy's has finally said what we all wanted someone in the media to acknowledge

Demetriou has also got to understand he has played a significant role in creating the environment for which four or five clubs have tanked. They have taken away the incentive, but his reluctance to accept what the whole world was telling him, his complete denial that tanking existed, allowed clubs to think they could get away with it. It was almost tacit approval.

I agree.

To me , these were the most significant parts of his statement. Straight to the point - 4 or 5 clubs have tanked and the AFL gave it tacit approval. This is exactly what every media outlet should have been headlining all along. "Hey AFL you can't reasonably put the future of one club at risk - for behaviour you effectively supported"

I subscribe to the view that silence is golden and it seems that so does Cameron Schwab according to an afl.com.au reporter - Schwab quiet on tanking.

I learned a great deal from this article which on the surface appears to be about nothing*, most importantly that there is a major conspiracy afoot. In the space of less than 24 hours the report compiled by AFL investigators on alleged tanking by the MFC has gone from 800 to 1,000 and back to 800 pages. I demand to know what happened to the now missing 200 pages and I want to know now!

* like the growing body of literature on the subject of tanking, it's seemingly like an episode of Seinfeld - much ado about nothing. Writing about it is becoming a new art form.

I'm not surprised they took every second they had - and that the photocopier over heated at the last minute. With 4 separate responses and so many alternative approaches for each, I'm sure they put in big big hours. No wonder Don's press release was short - he wouldn't have had much sleep in the preceding 72 hours. Fees will be huge.

I agree.

To me , these were the most significant parts of his statement. Straight to the point - 4 or 5 clubs have tanked and the AFL gave it tacit approval. This is exactly what every media outlet should have been headlining all along. "Hey AFL you can't reasonably put the future of one club at risk - for behaviour you effectively supported"

The big story has always been why is MFC the only one being investigated yet very few "journalists" have given it more than a passing remark. Finey on SEN is the only one I have heard try to make an issue of it.The rest just follow the party line, the easy or lazy way and report on Melbourne

Guest fitness

Did anyone see the video accompanying this article? Quite hilarious really. AFL Club CEO attending AFL drug summit, currently facing potential charges being brought about by the AFL, chased out of the building by another AFL employee, a reporter for the AFL Media. Talk about independence...

My only curiosity now is to the timing of the end of this pantomime.

How long do they have to read and pretend ? How long seems reasonable for a deliberate and interested result to the Melbourne answer ?

When's AD's next trip out of town ??

For the answers to these and other questions stay tuned to SOAP !! ( Scandalous Orchestrated AFL Pantomime )