• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

"Tanking"

Whispering_Jack

Sorry NB. Surely the media could not possibly have mis-reported this? Could they??????

Well....did the verdict come through? The levels of reporting (and fiction/fantasy) have reached dizzying lows.

I would be confident this won't go to court, The AFL doesn't want it. The Dees don't want it. If the AFL don't have a smoking gun - ie an email saying don't win under any circumstances - then the AFL's case is word against word, hearsay, speculation and supposition. We would have heard about a smoking gun by now,

And then even if we were found guilty (of what I am not sure) the club would then say 'everyone has done what we have done'. We could subpoena Libba, Fev, Roos, Terry everybody and everyone that has discussed tanking. We could get the records of Carlton, Richmond, Collingwood etc. and dissect them forever. It would be ugly.

The AFL have condoned list management, Dimwit has condoned it etc. The penalty would be - nothing. The AFL would look stupid and seen to have lost control. They don't like losing control.

If there was a smoking gun Melb wouldn't be so Bolshy about fighting them.

I am not a lawyer but it seems any court case would be about the rules of the AFL (which are broad and ill defined in regards to all of this - Dean Bailey not trying his 'utmost'. WTF does that mean in a legal sense??). Our case would be that we haven't broken any rules of the AFL. Their 'investigation' was a sham, illegal, non-admissable etc

We are OK is my reading.

I agree. With the MFC seemingly committed to an ugly and costly legal stoush, win lose or draw the outcome will be bad for Demetriou. The whole mess will end up tarnishing his rep and ultimately may well cost him his job. It's a bad look for the AFL. I'm tipping an 'investigated exhaustively' and 'no case to answer' result.

Haddad and Clothier marched in fully expecting to A) find a smoking gun and hopefully a couple of whistleblowers and B ) for the minnow MFC to roll over without a whimper. Neither of those two things appears to have happened.

The clearest sign that the AFL knew they were on the backfoot on this issue was when Angry Anderson resigned ... got the boot.

• Like 1

I agree. With the MFC seemingly committed to an ugly and costly legal stoush, win lose or draw the outcome will be bad for Demetriou. The whole mess will end up tarnishing his rep and ultimately may well cost him his job. It's a bad look for the AFL. I'm tipping an 'investigated exhaustively' and 'no case to answer' result.

Haddad and Clothier marched in fully expecting to A) find a smoking gun and hopefully a couple of whistleblowers and B ) for the minnow MFC to roll over without a whimper. Neither of those two things appears to have happened.

The clearest sign that the AFL knew they were on the backfoot on this issue was when Angry Anderson resigned ... got the boot.

RR I think you are reading too much into that.

Him leaving was all about him not being the heir apparent.

I believe the Tanking inquisition had very little if anything to do with it.

It is just a handy excuse for us Dees fans.

• Like 1

RR I think you are reading too much into that.

Him leaving was all about him not being the heir apparent.

I believe the Tanking inquisition had very little if anything to do with it.

It is just a handy excuse for us Dees fans.

That's my reading of it OldDee. It was a stage managed exit but he was pushed for mine. The fall guy for the fat man's error of judgment.

I don't think Anderson was ever in the hunt for the top gig.

That's my reading of it OldDee. It was a stage managed exit but he was pushed for mine. The fall guy for the fat man's error of judgment.

I don't think Anderson was ever in the hunt for the top gig.

That may be true but I reckon he thought he was

• Like 1

That may be true but I reckon he thought he was

Well, he was trusted enough to be put in charge when the Bloated One went to London...

I don't think he has been put aside specifically because of the inquiry - but to start an investigation with only one palatable conclusion (due to our licences being under threat), after the head of the AFL has consistently waved away any concern with tanking didn't do him any favours and probably expedited the move to Lil Gil as the heir apparent.

• Like 2

Well, he was trusted enough to be put in charge when the Bloated One went to London...

I don't think he has been put aside specifically because of the inquiry - but to start an investigation with only one palatable conclusion (due to our licences being under threat), after the head of the AFL has consistently waved away any concern with tanking didn't do him any favours and probably expedited the move to Lil Gil as the heir apparent.

Yes rpfc a plausible theory.

But not one I subscribe to.

I think it was a race between him and little Gil and he lost.

That simple, now the TI might have added a bit but IMO he would have lost anyway.

Yes rpfc a plausible theory.

But not one I subscribe to.

I think it was a race between him and little Gil and he lost.

That simple, now the TI might have added a bit but IMO he would have lost anyway.

Has anybody heard what AA is doing now? It's been 2 months now since he 'resigned'. There was all this talk that he had other offers (?) . He looked a tad unhappy after that final press conference. ... Anderson resigns as AFL football operations manager

there hasn't been a great amount of time for looking and pursuing other opportunities.

4409872-3x4-340x453.jpg

• Like 1

Me thinks he made a bad mistake. Whilst the bloated one (thanks for that gem rpfc) was away young angry should have kept the main seat warm & answered the phone taking all messages faithfully.

Made coffee and doughnuts for the employees and journos.

The fact he engaged a full investigation into a rule that has not been written was not good for his CV.

that said i cannot still believe that AD did not put a stop to it,hours after it commenced.

Maybe he wanted Angry to go....

• Like 1

I'm 70/30 on whether AA 'resignation' was because of the tanking affair. I also somewhat agree with the adage of 'There's no such thing as a coincidence'. He held his position for 9 years and it seemed an abrupt end in some ways. It's not like he was in the gun - or was he?

I reckon Vlad may well have given AA an ultimatum from the UK.

"Make the charges stick, uncover the smoking gun or it's your job."

Vlad has previously stated on numerous occasions that there is 'No such thing as tanking' but I think he's also said if there was 'evidence' to the contrary, then he'd be somewhat happy to be proven wrong.

If we get off all charges then the AA resignation will probably make a bit more sense. If not, then his resignation will possibly not be related to the tanking affair. That's a broad view, but it is plausible.

Edited by Macca

This is not a picture of a man who left willingly to pursue other job opportunities.

Yes, Sloonie. Of course, we are assuming the picture was taken at the press conference.

He's largely the reason we've had to go through this 6 months of rubbish. I have absolutely zero sympathy for him - none. I will have even more contempt for him if we don't have to face any charges. He's caused a lot of damage to our club.

Edited by Macca

I'm generally a positive poster and without trying to be harsh I've always felt that Adrian Anderson has had a touch of the Blackadders about him in terms of trustworthiness.

The whole thing is an absolute joke, not sure how they plan to explain how so many teams didnt cop what we have. Terry Wallace admitted not doing anything in the box, by the standards they have set for us he should be in more trouble than Dean Bailey.

• Like 1

The whole thing is an absolute joke, not sure how they plan to explain how so many teams didnt cop what we have. Terry Wallace admitted not doing anything in the box, by the standards they have set for us he should be in more trouble than Dean Bailey.

Don't worry Demonfan26, if it goes to litigation The Fink will ensure that Tezza Wallace, Libba - the whole roll-call of anyone and everyone who's ever ben remotely connected to 'tanking' - are dragged into proceedings by any means necessary.

It will get ugly.

• Like 2

i think you are right on the money here Macca.

You can just imagine an 'over excited' AA thinking that he's gonna have his day in the sun. He may well have convinced Vlad that he'd uncovered irrefutable evidence.

Vlad, just to cover himself, still plays the 'It's on your head' card. Once it becomes obvious to Vlad that there's no smoking gun, it becomes a better choice to dispense with AA back in early December, rather than now.

By the way Wyl, I'm just like many on this site. Love a conspiracy theory! ^_^

Edited by Macca

Don't worry Demonfan26, if it goes to litigation The Fink will ensure that Tezza Wallace, Libba - the whole roll-call of anyone and everyone who's ever ben remotely connected to 'tanking' - are dragged into proceedings by any means necessary.

It will get ugly.

The AFL will have no one to blame but themselves for whatever mess becomes of this, at the end of the day it comes back to a terrible priority pick rule.

• Like 1

After this investigation is finally over I would love the AFL to man up and admit that their actions which include priority picks that encourage list management caused the game of football damage. Much like my wife I don't think the AFL will ever admit they were wrong.

• Like 1

After this investigation is finally over I would love the AFL to man up and admit that their actions which include priority picks that encourage list management caused the game of football damage. Much like my wife I don't think the AFL will ever admit they were wrong.

you got my sympathy cfh :)

• Like 1