• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

THE WILSON FILE - the arrogance at the heart of the innuendo

Whispering_Jack

I'd rather have Caro on than JGK. And that is saying both a little and a alot. What he knows about footy and the business of footy amounts to not very much.Just another retired polly addicted to the spotlight. Sadly his stint as Hawthorn President now sees him qualified as some sort of uber football sage. Fair dinkum Ian Dicker rebuilt Hawthorn with Dunstall. Dicker on. Kennett off.

I had to smile WJ when you referenced an article in the News Ltd Press which described the awful editor of the Oz Chris Mitchell as being 'respected' or somesuch! Very much a case of 'they would say that wouldnt they'!

Caro is indeed reflective of the decline in standards of journalism across all areas. In politics its an endless fascination with leadership challenges and controversy and a complete inability to examine policy in any meaningful way. In the footy medjia its the same. Heaven knows any of them might give more than a cursory glance to tactics for instance. The way journos and commentators reverentially discuss each others opinions like they were handed down from Mt Sinai on 2 tablets gives me the heeby jeebies. An endless incestuous circle jerk. Thats the mainstream media in 2013.

• Like 5

I have been boring this site about the decline of journalism for a few years now so I won't add to that but at some point I will sit down with that first Wilson piece and compare it to findings of the investigation.

She got a great deal wrong because she was fooled about the veracity of the claims by these disgruntled yet 'credible' witnesses to a 'threat' that was used by these shadowy people with vindictive intent.

They didn't get the executive or the board and they have entrenched both. It's the great shame of all this - it achieved so little except for the damage to the club they purport to love and the people they claim to defend.

I have been boring this site about the decline of journalism for a few years now so I won't add to that but at some point I will sit down with that first Wilson piece and compare it to findings of the investigation.

She got a great deal wrong because she was fooled about the veracity of the claims by these disgruntled yet 'credible' witnesses to a 'threat' that was used by these shadowy people with vindictive intent.

They didn't get the executive or the board and they have entrenched both. It's the great shame of all this - it achieved so little except for the damage to the club they purport to love and the people they claim to defend.

Same here RPFC. Its getting worse each year. There's few left, Blake who I didn't mind was the last one to retire last year.

I'd rather have Caro on than JGK. And that is saying both a little and a alot. What he knows about footy and the business of footy amounts to not very much.Just another retired polly addicted to the spotlight. Sadly his stint as Hawthorn President now sees him qualified as some sort of uber football sage. Fair dinkum Ian Dicker rebuilt Hawthorn with Dunstall. Dicker on. Kennett off.

I had to smile WJ when you referenced an article in the News Ltd Press which described the awful editor of the Oz Chris Mitchell as being 'respected' or somesuch! Very much a case of 'they would say that wouldnt they'!

Caro is indeed reflective of the decline in standards of journalism across all areas. In politics its an endless fascination with leadership challenges and controversy and a complete inability to examine policy in any meaningful way. In the footy medjia its the same. Heaven knows any of them might give more than a cursory glance to tactics for instance. The way journos and commentators reverentially discuss each others opinions like they were handed down from Mt Sinai on 2 tablets gives me the heeby jeebies. An endless incestuous circle jerk. Thats the mainstream media in 2013.

I liked the media when they were simple footy people like Mike Williamson, who was grateful to be involved & didn't try to be an expert but asked questions of the players & coaches.

Enter the modern era with ex footy players commenting on games, & the journo commentators must have felt awkward & try to be experts.

Hutchy, kero, etc..tryhards.

Lets get the ex players out, & the journo's out, & bring back some talented callers who love the game, in...

Edited by dee-luded

Our favourite girl has been bumped from Footy Classified this week in favour of Jeff Kennett.

Gotta sting....

Awesome.

Doesn't want to be shown up for her pathetic and disgusting articles and the charges she said we would be hit with, that never eventuated.

With CW not there it would be a perfect opportunity for Gary to list all the things she got wrong and highlight her malicious agenda without interruption.

Would have been better if he'd done that to her in person last week when he had the chance...

If anyone was in any doubt as to the current low standards of journalism generally sports journalism in particular then surely Carolyn Wilson's latest offerings will have dispelled any doubts they may have had in this area. Not that Australian sporting writing has ever aspired to the literary heights of Neville Cardus peerless cricket articles, Ernest Hemingway's articles and novels, and with some notable exceptions for example some of Martin Flannigan's 's better pieces, most sporting analysis are fairly mundane.

But Wilson's article makes Dyer 'Ere and other ghosted offerings deeply analytical. Reading like a spiteful twitter from a jilted teenager Wilson's article hits new lows in what purports to be serious journalism. The content seems to read like the rantings of an AFL propagandists after a night on the turps.

If the VCGLR investigation interviews CW and decide they need the names of her sources will she:

• Forget her journalistic standards and dob them in (will be interesting reading), or
  • Uphold her standards and go to jail.

They have no jurisdiction over her. She would tell them to sod off.

I liked the media when they were simple footy people like Mike Williamson, who was grateful to be involved & didn't try to be an expert but asked questions of the players & coaches.

Enter the modern era with ex footy players commenting on games, & the journo commentators must have felt awkward & try to be experts.

Hutchy, kero, etc..tryhards.

Lets get the ex players out, & the journo's out, & bring back some talented callers who love the game, in...

Mostly gree 'luded but I wish we had another Jack Dyer. Also you left the biggest try hard of all of your list.

• Like 1

Loved the way Richmond were worked into the debate after Carlton. Caro who???

Also love that they raise these issues like they're new stories. Would've been nice to have the spotlight on more than just our club over the past eight months.

• Like 3

Keogh over at Tanking Carlton

No doubt Carlton tanked just like Melbourne did. They also mentioned the round 22 game in 2007 between Richmond and StKilda which was the worst example of tanking i have seen by one team.

The thing is the teams that have tanked havent been successful since.

It breeds a bad culture within the club.

Look at the Swans

Only 2 top ten picks in that premiership team last year. This team gives you everything when they play.

Carlton's culture has been ordinary over the last decade.

You guys can have a crack at Libba and yes he was a bitter man and its one of the reasons he gave that interview.

You can have a go at Hutchy for being a [censored].

Have a go at the show.

Fact is we tanked in round 22. Travis Johnstone was allowed to do what he wanted and Ratten didnt do anything about it.

Ironic isnt that had he put a tagger on him we may have Trent Cotchin running around for us.

Seriously when I read some of you guys and the rubbish you write deflecting the truth by attacking other people I think you guys dont get it.

Face it. There is enough evidence to conclude that in some games if you went to some games five years ago you went to support your team that didnt want to win.

Just another example of how [censored] this club has been over the last 10 years.

And some of the players behind the scenes are still there.

Mostly gree 'luded but I wish we had another Jack Dyer. Also you left the biggest try hard of all of your list.

G'day Bbo.

I don't listen to too many journo's or callers.

so I put the names that immediately came to mind.

I'm not sure who your referring to, if 'russell',,, or others I've heard some complain about.?

G'day Bbo.

I don't listen to too many journo's or callers.

so I put the names that immediately came to mind.

I'm not sure who your referring to, if 'russell',,, or others I've heard some complain about.?

D-Wayne.

Meathead

Let's not get too carried away with this sort of silly stuff about Ms. Wilson. The subject of this thread is quite serious and the fact that the tanking enquiry is over does not mean its the end of the vendetta against the club and its current board and administration. There's a lot more to come out of this and in particular the connection between her, those who snitched to the tanking enquiry and the sources of her "vault" story and other news stories that broke in 2011 and 2012 about our club.

Stay tuned.

• Like 4

Let's not get too carried away with this sort of silly stuff about Ms. Wilson. The subject of this thread is quite serious and the fact that the tanking enquiry is over does not mean its the end of the vendetta against the club and its current board and administration. There's a lot more to come out of this and in particular the connection between her, those who snitched to the tanking enquiry and the sources of her "vault" story and other news stories that broke in 2011 and 2012 about our club.

Stay tuned.

Well I look forward to hearing about it BUT not if we are going to spend the next two years mired in crap and in-fighting.

We need to move on as a club and focus on winning games of footy.

Well I look forward to hearing about it BUT not if we are going to spend the next two years mired in crap and in-fighting.

We need to move on as a club and focus on winning games of footy.

I agree wholeheartedly but unfortunately, there are people who were not prepared to move on who got us into the situation where the club was forced to expend a great deal of time and resources to protect itself and its employees from the damage they caused. If those people aren't satisfied with the results of their handiwork to date, then further damage could be caused to the club. We need to be aware of this possibility.

• Like 1

I agree wholeheartedly but unfortunately, there are people who were not prepared to move on who got us into the situation where the club was forced to expend a great deal of time and resources to protect itself and its employees from the damage they caused. If those people aren't satisfied with the results of their handiwork to date, then further damage could be caused to the club. We need to be aware of this possibility.

Flush them out...it is the only way to move forward.
  • Like 4