• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Caroline Wilson's descent into gutter journalism

titan_uranus

With regards to point no.2 what have you read, or heard that I may have missed ? It appears to me that Clothier is doing no more, or less than he's been asked to by Adrian Anderson.

I think that the AFL didn't think that we would be stupid enough to have a particular meeting on this with the entire extended FD and that Clothier would find nothing actionable - like always.

I don't think the AFL wants this sh!tfight at all.

Pick 4 was compo for Scully, had nothing to do with us being crap.

And why was it pick 4? Because it was to be taken after our first round pick, which was pick 3, which we had because we were [censored].

Same diff.

Does anyone know when this meeting occurred? We were 1-13 ... the three games that were considered suspect were rounds 17-18 and 19. At 1-13 is anyone suprised that our staff might have met to consider what is best for the club for 2010? given that it was clear there was a priority pick at stake?

If the club met at the start of the year, I would be concerned.... if they were discussing 2010 at or about round 15 or 16 which was when the club was 3-14 I think, then is anyone suprised? and does anyone honestly believe any of the other clubs that we believe to have tanked would not have had similar meetings about similar topics?

Be that as it may, if our club decided that we were going to experiment or whatever with the intention that we would attempt to ensure we finished the season with 4 wins, then that's still tanking.

Tanking's probably only ever going to occur in the middle of the year. Most clubs would start out a year hoping for the best, then as the season goes down the drain, begin to consider the draft.

You missed the part where I clearly stated unless it can be proven that the motives (for playing players out of position) were to try to lose, and these motives can be proven.

Good.

Sorry if this has already been posted but i found this a good read

http://www.theage.co...1030-28hso.html

Sums up why the MFC are the ones being targeted here opposed to other clubs.

Only 2 teams have been investigated as they have had people openly speak out about it, Carlton and the MFC.

Carlton have answered to the allegations against them. We have not.

Difference is no other team has had people come out and try to justify the crap job they did at the MFC by pointing the finger about tanking.

Anyone see the quotes about Moloney? The guy just wants sympathy FFS.

Flat track bully when at the club, now he decides to have a cry and burn the MFC.

the Betting Agencies will insist on it.

This problem is not just going to go away sadly. It is getting bigger.

Too many have spoken now.

Do we know for sure who the unnamed second player is yet for sure?

Or is it a guess...?

The betting agencies wont get involved - particularly considering that the year in quesion is when most agencies didnt offer betting on the wooden spood for this exact reason

Difference is no other team has had people come out and try to justify the crap job they did at the MFC by pointing the finger about tanking.

Flat track bully when at the club, now he decides to have a cry and burn the MFC.

So according to the logic of The Age article, the crime that the MFC should be punished for is NOT tanking, but "talking about tanking"...

It being OK to tank if no one from the club involved talks about it.

What a joke.

• Like 3

Brent Moloney is the second player

Bloody rich really - particularly given that he was one player who consistently did his best for the club, eg, by urinating on the bar one night in St Kilda at 3am as the team's VC, and also by racking up a total of zero possessions in the 186 loss against Geelong.

Quality stuff Brent. You bozo.

Brock "Burnouts" McLean and Bozo Moloney. Caroline Wilson's star witnesses in the case against the MFC.

Hence, can some of you please calm down?

The frenzy on the thread is adding fuel to the fire. The events occurred in 2009 and were investigated by the AFL. IMO there is nothing that Burnouts raised in that interview that was particularly remarkable - except that now a few former MFC players/coaches/recruiter, all of whom clearly have an axe to grind with the MFC, are now also using it as an opportunity to take another pot shot at the club.

If it gets to Court, it won't be good for the likes of Bozo Moloney. Take a moment to reflect on some of the "love of MFC development" / "future is bright" statements Bozo made between 2009 and 2011. Was he lying then - or now? Moloney's credibility will not last very long.

This whole thing is becoming a circus which is taking a life of its own. And when that happens, it matters not where the truth lies. The media love this territory.

For the sake of our club, don't buy into it. Stay united.

• Like 3

I think that the AFL didn't think that we would be stupid enough to have a particular meeting on this with the entire extended FD and that Clothier would find nothing actionable - like always.

I don't think the AFL wants this sh!tfight at all.

Yes, I understand you think this I'm just trying to establish where you've read, or heard it.

Or whether you're simply guessing.

The betting agencies wont get involved - particularly considering that the year in quesion is when most agencies didnt offer betting on the wooden spood for this exact reason

the betting agencies will want a clean set of rules going forward. They will be watching this scenario very closely.

I'll go along with this.

"Oh woe is me" ...i didnt really want to play like sh!t !! those nasty pasty's made me.

The guys pathetic ...honestly. I used to lament "Hollywood's" clamber for attention but this sook has it in spades.

Wonder if he will front come May 6 ??

Id like him to meet the form of his nemesis.. Brock...meet Viney !!

But in all honestly McLean cant be the sharpest tool.....a tool yes... just no edge !!

And why was it pick 4? Because it was to be taken after our first round pick, which was pick 3, which we had because we were [censored].

Same diff.

I don't understand your point.

The original poster was intimating that the AFL gave us pick 4 because we were crap and taking it off us would go against their judgment. It is not that way at all- pick 4 represents our after first round pick compo for Scully. The fact that it is pick 4 is a comment on how crap we were. It wasn't a handout.

Patrick Smith's article in todays Australian is quite interesting. He actually goes into bat for the club. Gives us a whack, but ultimately gives the club a chance to breathe.

Post-season probes leave AFL lost in space

Edited by belzebub59
  • Like 1

It wouldn't do them any good to come out (come out infers the notion of talking to the media in relation to it, that won't help anything)

But internally I would be hoping that the appropriate people at our club are banging hard on AD's door asking how the heck an investigation by an 'integrity' officer seems to be playing out in the media as much as it is ...

If I weren't paranoid I would think that the AFL are out to screw us! These very selective leaks presumablyfrom AFL HQ, Misfit's leaks earlier in the year, and the bastard has the temerity to talk of integrity??!!

If our guys aren't in Vlad's ear every day there is a problem, but FFS don't let them speak to the media.

I hope that they have the injunction drafted and ready to roll.

Edited by monoccular

Apologies if this article has been mentioned before.

AFL's probe into Melbourne Demons is sure to make many people at the club sweat

In the article they quote the regulation pertaining to the allegations.

A person, being a player, coach or assistant coach, must at all times perform on their merits and must not induce, or encourage, any player, coach or assistant coach not to perform on their merits in any match - or in relation to any aspect of the match, for any reason whatsoever.

If I weren't paranoid I would think that the AFL are out to screw us! These very selective leaks presumablyfrom AFL HQ, Misfit's leaks earlier in the year, and the bastard has the temerity to talk of integrity??!!

If our guys aren't in Vlad's ear every day there is a problem, but FFS don't let them speak to the media.

I hope that they have the injunction drafted and ready to roll.

I think putting all our foibles aside, someone out there has an axe to grind with us and are doing their best to sabotage and bring us down.

We must find who this is and severe all links IMMEDIATELY. We must also find the rats (if they are still employed by the club) and exterminate them IMMEDIATELY with no exceptions. Status or reputation must be ignored.

For once and for all we need to plug this leaky sieve.

Bloody rich really - particularly given that he was one player who consistently did his best for the club, eg, by urinating on the bar one night in St Kilda at 3am as the team's VC, and also by racking up a total of zero possessions in the 186 loss against Geelong.

Quality stuff Brent. You bozo.

Brock "Burnouts" McLean and Bozo Moloney. Caroline Wilson's star witnesses in the case against the MFC.

Hence, can some of you please calm down?

The frenzy on the thread is adding fuel to the fire. The events occurred in 2009 and were investigated by the AFL. IMO there is nothing that Burnouts raised in that interview that was particularly remarkable - except that now a few former MFC players/coaches/recruiter, all of whom clearly have an axe to grind with the MFC, are now also using it as an opportunity to take another pot shot at the club.

If it gets to Court, it won't be good for the likes of Bozo Moloney. Take a moment to reflect on some of the "love of MFC development" / "future is bright" statements Bozo made between 2009 and 2011. Was he lying then - or now? Moloney's credibility will not last very long.

This whole thing is becoming a circus which is taking a life of its own. And when that happens, it matters not where the truth lies. The media love this territory.

For the sake of our club, don't buy into it. Stay united.

If it gets to court, would McLean and Moloney be more prepared than us as they know what happens in those sort of buildings?

• Like 1

thanks. I am mobile so it is not so easy finding links.

sometimes hard still to find the live one and not the masked ones..lol
  • Like 1

Apologies if this article has been mentioned before.

AFL's probe into Melbourne Demons is sure to make many people at the club sweat

In the article they quote the regulation pertaining to the allegations.

well at least that should lock in all the other clubs associated with Tanking to the inquiry as well.

Hey Sloonie, given we just moved on or delisted over a dozen players we may be dealing with a player who has already left the good ship Melbourne.

And, irrespective the gene is out of the bottle. The club needs to keep talking to the AFL so they know what the AFL may be planning and develop appropriate and rigorous responses.

If we get away with no draft sanctions we'll have done well, and a witch hunt of who said what would only serve to agitate the waters further.

Edited by PaulRB

Regardless of the outcome I really wish it was footy season so we could focus on the team and the game we love rather that this bullsh!t.... Its sending me grey...

• Like 5