Caroline Wilson's descent into gutter journalism

titan_uranus

Jon Ralph has surely outdone her with the accusation that benching Jurrah after scoring a goal is considered tanking.

Then every team is tanking on a weekly basis!! What a nuffy.

Liam Jurrah's benching in 2009 game against St Kilda doesn't make sense

Now I've heard it all. This is just clutching at straws stuff. I do believe that Bruce comes on here from time to time and would love to know how he feels being dragged into this.

We lost that game by 47 points. Is he suggesting Jurrah would have kicked another eight goal to win the game? Give me a break. It was never a game we were in danger of winning.

[media=]

James Brayshaw v Caroline Wilson

Check this video out from Brayshaw v Wilson, go to 2:00.....Wilson has a history of reporting stories as fact when she has no evidence. She makes me sick.

I dont mind Brayshaw as a bloke. ( for what I know of him ) We all have flaws etc. A litlel of his style grates but otherwise I think hes fairly balanced in his efforts.

He owns Wilson in this. Sytematically he shows up her condemnations are nothing but her "opinions" There are no real foundings they are just a barrow shes pushed

Interesting she harps on about Brayshaw being conflicted as I cant think of anyone seemingly more so ( her ) .. She and reality are at loggerheads !! :wacko:

Edited by belzebub59

We lost that game by 47 points. Is he suggesting Jurrah would have kicked another eight goal to win the game? Give me a break. It was never a game we were in danger of winning.

My recollection of Jurrah in 2009 was that he didn't have the greatest tank in football (he still doesn't). After the exertion of kicking a goal or two, he'd need to come off for a rest. Especially if he'd also been chasing down Brendon Goddard.

• Like 1

it will be interesting to see if G Lyon can work next to Wilson next year regardless of any outcome.

exactly what ive suggested elsewhere.

Id have thought the current line up untenable now.

I sense he's seething but astutely avoiding being drawn into the mire.

Melbourne Tanked, So What?

Erin Byrnes | AFL | November 2, 2012 at 6:54 pm

It’s that time of year again when decent footy yarns are few and far between, so naturally, molehills become mountains overnight.

The latest investigations into the Melbourne Football Club and the suggestion they tanked in 2009 are tedious, laborious, superfluous, pointless and a myriad of other words ending in “s”.

Anyone who watched the Dees play during that time period knows they didn’t perform to their full potential, be it through moving players to non-preferred positions, adopting a free flowing style that offered little in the way of defense, or giving stars more time to recover from injury than usual.

There’s almost no doubt they did that.

But it’s going to be impossible for the AFL to prove it and punish them accordingly.

So why waste the time and resources?

The t-word is a nasty one for the AFL, but it’s a monster they created and therefore Demetriou and co. only have themselves to blame.

They instituted the priority pick system and dangled the carrot in front of struggling clubs.

They manufactured two brand new teams within the space of three years and gifted them the top draft picks.

They allowed Gold Coast and GWS to scoop the pool and essentially blocked floundering clubs from gaining much from the past few drafts.

Yep, it’s pretty likely the Dees tanked their season.

But, you certainly can’t blame them for using the system to their advantage.

It’s obviously not just Melbourne that has done it – a raft of other clubs have been accused of the same process.

Why should Melbourne be made the scape goats?

Read the rest here its well worth it and I think it sums up the Factuallity and Actuallity of where this will all end up

In the Meantime has anyone considered that CW may be going through a Mid Life Crises ?

After all she is 52 years old ;)

http://www.sportingjournal.com.au/2012/11/melbourne-tanked-so-what/

• Like 3

It’s that time of year again when decent footy yarns are few and far between, so naturally, molehills become mountains overnight.

The latest investigations into the Melbourne Football Club and the suggestion they tanked in 2009 are tedious, laborious, superfluous, pointless and a myriad of other words ending in “s”.

Anyone who watched the Dees play during that time period knows they didn’t perform to their full potential, be it through moving players to non-preferred positions, adopting a free flowing style that offered little in the way of defense, or giving stars more time to recover from injury than usual.

But it’s going to be impossible for the AFL to prove it and punish them accordingly.

The t-word is a nasty one for the AFL, but it’s a monster they created and therefore Demetriou and co. only have themselves to blame.

They instituted the priority pick system and dangled the carrot in front of struggling clubs.

They manufactured two brand new teams within the space of three years and gifted them the top draft picks.

They allowed Gold Coast and GWS to scoop the pool and essentially blocked floundering clubs from gaining much from the past few drafts.

It’s obviously not just Melbourne that has done it – a raft of other clubs have been accused of the same process.

Read the rest here its well worth it and I think it sums up the Factuallity and Actuallity of where this will all end up

In the Meantime has anyone considered that CW may be going through a Mid Life Crises ?

http://www.sportingj...tanked-so-what/

It seems some in the media and the football world are starting to see this for what it really is. There are articles and statements coming out defending us and telling the AFL not to act like a bully, against a weak club that has hardly benefited from what many did and benefited heavily from doing. The blame is being put at the feet of the AFL for creating the system and then embracing and condoning it.

All this reminds me of a game of tennis. The balls been served and weve played a baseline return strategy to date. They keep hitting it hard, we just return, return, they keep at it. The secret to winning this point is to wait. You waiti while they get themselves into a bit of a rut. They think your on the backfoot. Youre not your just where you need to be at that point of play. You wait for that opportunity to change the pace of the ball, to move to the net and take your opponents advantage away . Now wherever they go you will put it away.

Despite the seeming pounding were absorbing we do have an ace up our sleeve. The Courts ( npi ) . Trial by media plays by the 'pack of wloves' mentality where they band together to snipe and bite all the whiles hoping to wear you down , to react, to lose guard., to be vulnerable.

But try as it may the media has no jurisdiction. Only the AFL can impose its will here; or so it thinks. So can we. We have two paths to redress. One is directly with the AFL and seek a solution thats fair to us , and all the competition. The other is our legal right to redress, the Courts.

The last place the AFL wants to go is court. It doesnt rule the roost there. It would be forced onto the back foot itslef and this isnt a part of its game its terribly good at.. its a bully boy 'ace' server. Hit back and you have more than an even chance. Its just not done much and for good reason. it will be a move of last resort. Whatever be the resulting relationship between the Club and the League after such a stoush will remain for some while.

Until it goes to court the AFL seemingly have the upper hand but its a hand it wants to use mighty carefully and thoughtfully. Force someone into a corner and it WILL get ugly.

Another sporting analogy might be Boxing. One bloke hammers away the opponent seems to be on the ropes, hes taking all the hits, absorbing the punches and to many doesnt seem to be offering up much resistance. But again, its about timing and opportunity. When he senses the fighter tiring, when he notices the guard slip he musters his energies for that one mighty knockout punch. He was losing on points, right up until he put the other flat on his back on the canvas.

The lesson is to know your strengths and how to use them. Our strength is our right and will to defend ourselves in a place where the AFL has to toe the line. Our allies will be many other clubs, who'll know if they arent with us they are open to the bastradry of the League's rulings also.

I wouldnt stop there either. Id be lining up all those silly writers etc for defamation and libel where possible. If they havent crossed Tee's and dotted I's and got their FACTS straight , I'd eat them.

Often in times of adversity there comes golden opportunites, aka 'silver lining' The Club can turn this kangaroo court come sytematic assasination into a chance to turn the tables on many of its detractors, stand up and quite firmly put it back to all and sundry "we're Melbourne, we're back, dont mess with us !!"

• Like 2

Gee.. a lone voice of sanity. Absolutely spot on

Nice get there DS :)

According to this piece, there is a rather strange paradox: on the one hand, there is a clear and obvious violation (tanking), but on the other hand, the AFL can't prove it or punish it.

Strange times we live in.

[media=]

James Brayshaw v Caroline Wilson

Check this video out from Brayshaw v Wilson, go to 2:00.....Wilson has a history of reporting stories as fact when she has no evidence. She makes me sick.

Considering how quickly Gary went to Brayshaws defense (in part 2) about the arrogant idea that she was speaking for the public, could be very interesting to see how he confronts her about essentially calling his best mate that's passed away a liar.

Brayshaw can annoy me sometimes, but his role as president of North has saved their club and he should be given every bit as much credit as Jimmy was given.

Edited by Pates

If....and I emphasise the word IF the AFL were to be truly coy and crafty they could do the following:

"AFL announces that "the initial investigation into Tanking allegations towards the Melbourne Football club have unearthed a myriad of parallel circumstances and similar findings of actions taken by any number of clubs which brings the scope of the AFL tanking probe into areas which whilst known were not fully investigated with the zeal as is currently the case of that directed towards the MFC."

"In this light it is envisaged to broaden the investigation into a league-wide discovery. No timeleine for investigative or summary finalisation is forthcomong at this juncture "

If....and I emphasise the word IF the AFL were to be truly coy and crafty they could do the following:

"AFL announces that "the initial investigation into Tanking allegations towards the Melbourne Football club have unearthed a myriad of parallel circumstances and similar findings of actions taken by any number of clubs which brings the scope of the AFL tanking probe into areas which whilst known were not fully investigated with the zeal as is currently the case of that directed towards the MFC."

"In this light it is envisaged to broaden the investigation into a league-wide discovery. No timeleine for investigative or summary finalisation is forthcomong at this juncture "

it would be nice but its very unlikley IMO. Its either, the AFL beat us with a stick and we head to the courts, or the AFL dont believe senior officials deciding to put the clubs future intrests ahead of short trm gain to be tanking.

The AFL do not care about the other clubs. It's obvious. They want the MFC.

Why..? Because a player of the day went on National TV and spoke of it & the coach of the day at his final presser said what we all knew.

We will not get off scott free. Those that think so are delusional.

The only way we will beat this is to go to court.

Unchartered waters...

The AFL if not careful will back THEMSELVES into a corner. They to a point need to save face.

Theyve gone hunting what they thought was a toothless tiger but now are gaining a sense that what lurks beyong those trees might be dangerous enough to fight and inflict pain after all.

Edited by belzebub59

The AFL do not care about the other clubs. It's obvious. They want the MFC.

Why..? Because a player of the day went on National TV and spoke of it & the coach of the day at his final presser said what we all knew.

We will not get off scott free. Those that think so are delusional.

The only way we will beat this is to go to court.

Unchartered waters...

I dont think they necessarily want us alone at all. Some elements of the media called them ( the AFL ) over the Brock fiasco and the AFL kneejerked into action.

The issue is and always has been 'tanking" as a whole. The better scribes are always at pains to rationalise the problem from the standpoint of it being an AFL self created debacle thats affected any number of clubs and to isolate and concentrate on teh MFc is plainly and manifestly unfair.

Vlad Inc needs to tread carefully from here on in otherwise it might soon find itself immersed in quiksand.

The AFL if not careful will back THEMSELVES into a corner. They to a point need to save face.

Theyve gone hunting what they thought was a toothless tiger but now are gaining a sense that what lurks beyong those trees might be dangerous enough to fight and inflict pain after all.

the AFL would have known from day 1 we have the ability to challenge any decision.

You paint them as a dumb entity BB. that they are not. A little top heavy but not dumb.

They too will have beaks preparing to go all the way.

the AFL would have known from day 1 we have the ability to challenge any decision.

You paint them as a dumb entity BB. that they are not. A little top heavy but not dumb.

They too will have beaks preparing to go all the way.

I counter that you paint them as overly bright. Theyre not !!

Thyre that dumb that they not only refound a can of worm theyve opened it. Clever !!!!

I dont think they necessarily want us alone at all. Some elements of the media called them ( the AFL ) over the Brock fiasco and the AFL kneejerked into action.

The issue is and always has been 'tanking" as a whole. The better scribes are always at pains to rationalise the problem from the standpoint of it being an AFL self created debacle thats affected any number of clubs and to isolate and concentrate on teh MFc is plainly and manifestly unfair.

Vlad Inc needs to tread carefully from here on in otherwise it might soon find itself immersed in quiksand.

BB we are the target make no mistake. A lot of this has waited till Jimma passed on out of "respect".

Yes other clubs did it. Is it unfair..Yep. But the reality is because of how open we were at doing it & how bad we executed it all, we are in the Gun.

I have always believed this will end in court...

I counter that you paint them as overly bright. Theyre not !!

Thyre that dumb that they not only refound a can of worm theyve opened it. Clever !!!!

please BB Do you really believe the AFL are shaking in fear right now?

The inside of MFC HQ will be a lot more tense i assure you.