FAREWELL JORDAN GYSBERTS

mdemonski2

Edit: I recall you might've been one of those convinced that we'd landed Judd, but given the volume of information that was around then it's hard to tell whether that's a real memory or a false one I've created just now because you prompted me.

Chris Judd's own aunt thought he was going to Collingwood. She told me herself and I'm not being facetious. He obviously kept it pretty close to his dumb idiot chest.

not bitter.

Rumour going around that Gysberts to essendon Prismall and a 4th round pick to Melbourne.

Straight off the AFL trade winds on facebook, might gather some momemtum later on in the day.

Personally im up in the air about this if it comes true, not sure on Prismall, what has happened to him? Injured? Not good enough?

Guest José Mourinho

Gysberts for a multiple pieces of crud return doesn't make any sense, as we're having to cull players to make room on the list, and crud is what we're trying to eliminate.

Better to keep Gysberts & hope he can turn it around.

• Like 4

I hope this stays a rumour as Dismall is not the quality we are looking for. His kicking and decision making is lacking and he has had 2 full knee reconstructions on each knee which doesn't bode well for him completeing the required work loads the football department want the players to do during pre-seaon and training.

Played a total on zero games last year as well.

Well one thing I admire about this footy department is they aren't afraid to make decisions. The endless debate in this thread about Gysberts will play out if he continues his AFL career.

I like blokes who can get the ball inside and make good decisions. Gysberts has done this from day one but the FD have a view that he can't succeed at AFL level. It's their call and will be judged on it.

Prismall and a 4th rounder? That looks like just getting him off the books and we are being forced to take Prismall as part of the bargin.

I'll follow his progress with interest. I think he'll have a very good AFL career but the lack of genuine interest from other parties suggests I'm wrong.

Keep him, unless we can get a pick in the 20's. Have a feeling Gysberts could be a valuable player in years to come. Don't know what the rush is to get rid of him.

• Like 1

Guest José Mourinho

Problem is, he'll probably be one of those types that needs to be delisted & out of the AFL for a couple of years, to realise how much he wants it.

I'm still not convinced a Prismal + 4th round pick return is in any way a good result.

No idea how many years on Prismal's contract, but anything greater than zero is too many.

We can opt to not use the pick, but getting him to take up a list spot is nonsensical, unless Gysberts is some sort of overt culture cancer... which I don't think is the case.

Prismall is no better (in my eyes) to Magner, Couch or any other VFL player we could get for nothing.

Theres only one winner in a Gysberts for Prismal + 600ml Coke & packet of Twisties, and thats the bummers.

• Like 2

I will be shocked if this happens. Prismall dudded us a few years earlier when he chose essendon instead of us. Now why would our fd pick him this time especially since he is never on the park

I posted a rumour a couple of years ago, which didn't eventuate. It cuts me to the quick til this day.

If it's the CJ thing you should cut yourself some slack

As I recall the credibility of your source was second only to the player himself. Hardly your fault he led you (and plenty of others) down the garden path. FWIW I enjoyed the ride - was an exciting few days compared to most of the last decade.

I did learn that hell hath no fury like a Hannabal scorned. FMD you were savage when it went [censored] up !

• Like 1

Agree, thats certainly an appealing deal,

My concern is that we would be looking to throw that pick to Nth for Pedersen because they are playing hardball.

However on trading 24 to the Saints for Ray and a second round pick might be ok (with the intention of on trading that second round pick ... pick 32ish??) to North for Pedersen. Perhaps...

I wish gysberts would harden up. Has great potential, 25 possession debut wasn't it? Another Bailey reject. very sad

I remember Dean Polo had around a 30+ possession debut and was touted as a future star. Everyone that's drafted has talent and potential but no one gets anywhere without being elite in everything else - case in point, Gys.

Bring out your trash, good money for scrap we pay the best prices in town.

I'm going to have a calming tablet, if I can find one, then tell myself that this is all just a load of crap and that our football department are really not that stupid and will pull the recruiting coup of the decade out at the last minute.

Rodan and Prismall bwa hahaha

• Like 1