Membership 2013

Jonesbag

So, I just purchased my first ever membership. I'm pretty excited about it. Can't wait till the season starts.

you must now watch the Films "Spotswood" "Don's Party" & the oft forgot "The odd angry shot"

Enjoy the ride we are on the left here.

I would have thought "The Castle" would be compulsory viewing for our yank friend.

"The Castle" is a classic but it is reasnoably sell known.

The 3 i mentioned deserve to be dusted off, add "The Dish" to my list as well

• Like 1

Grossly under rated film wyl.

In my top five Aussie films

Sure is. Gotta like a film with a scene where Aussie soldiers scream at a scorpion "Its a fight, not a f**k!" Come to think of it, I have heard similar comments all too often at the footy in the past few years ... :lol:

• Like 2

Grossly under rated film wyl.

In my top five Aussie films

IMO 'The Craic' was harshly treated when it came out but a bit misunderstood and underrated. The young Ron Barrasi character is a great MFC reference in Australian film too.

you must now watch the Films "Spotswood" "Don's Party" & the oft forgot "The odd angry shot"

Enjoy the ride we are on the left here.

Been looking around online to find these movies so I can watch them. Found Spotswood, so i figure that'll be the first film I watch. I'll let you know what I think of it.

• Like 1

So, I just purchased my first ever membership. I'm pretty excited about it. Can't wait till the season starts.

I was wondering what you say to your fellow compatroits.

1 : You tell everyone now follow Melbourne, they then think your loyalites lay with Boston

2: If he say you follow the Demons, you leave yourself open for some wacko preacher demanding you denounce youself and sign up for some racial christian faith.

3: Then there's the Reglegs leaving you open for some sort of fanatic, relating to the Civil war.

This leaves you with 2 options, shutup, or go with the "Dees" :)

You will notice when your membership card arrives. if you check the fine print on the back of the card it is missing a few details.

Apart from the obvious... red and blue etc

There wont be any instructions regarding the recommended temp to nuke this card in your microwave. (should they have a bad run,or you dont agree with the running of the club)

And it will be also missing a local phone number, to have 2 tonnes of chicken manure dumped outside of the main doors on the footy office. (local fact / joke) -- See Richmond FC membership card as an example.

Welcome and enjoy the journey!!

1 : You tell everyone now follow Melbourne, they then think your loyalites lay with Boston

2: If he say you follow the Demons, you leave yourself open for some wacko preacher demanding you denounce youself and sign up for some racial christian faith.

3: Then there's the Reglegs leaving you open for some sort of fanatic, relating to the Civil war.

You will notice when your membership card arrives. if you check the fine print on the back of the card it is missing a few details.

There wont be any instructions regarding the recommended temp to nuke this card in your microwave. (should they have a bad run,or you dont agree with the running of the club)

And it will be also missing a local phone number, to have 2 tonnes of chicken manure dumped outside of the main doors on the footy office. (local fact / joke) -- See Richmond FC membership card as an example.

It's funny, I've got an autographed team photo from last year hanging on my wall. People come by see it and ask what it is. I tell them it's the Melbourne Demons, an Australian Football League team. They either stare at me confused, or say something like "Oh, i didn't know you liked rugby."

It's funny, I've got an autographed team photo from last year hanging on my wall. People come by see it and ask what it is. I tell them it's the Melbourne Demons, an Australian Football League team. They either stare at me confused, or say something like "Oh, i didn't know you liked rugby."

May I suggest you grab a photo. of Jeremy Howes' mark of the year,2012, (or similar) hang that next to your team photo.

Then not only does that set it apart from rugby, but more questions may follow.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

IMO 'The Craic' was harshly treated when it came out but a bit misunderstood and underrated. The young Ron Barrasi character is a great MFC reference in Australian film too.

Great film. A real Hoot.

Just shows how we welcomed the English, Irish & Scots sense of humour

Bob Franklin, Jimeoin & Colin Hay (they are all good mates)

Reminds me of a story, possibly just urban myth, of two Aussies at Los Angeles airport discussing the footy. One asked the other who he supported and he said' "I'm a mad Bomber" which was overheard and promptly got the aforesaid Essendon supporter arrested.

(If anyone can confirm the above, or not, please feel free to do so.)

23650, i wonder how that compares to previous years.

I signed my new born daughter up on Friday as asked the bloke how they felt membership numbers were going this year. He said they are only slightly behind where we were this time last year and given last year was literally the year from hell, where everything that could've gone wrong did go wrong, they were fairly pleased.

I signed my new born daughter up on Friday as asked the bloke how they felt membership numbers were going this year. He said they are only slightly behind where we were this time last year and given last year was literally the year from hell, where everything that could've gone wrong did go wrong, they were fairly pleased.

So, just looking at your avatar, did you feel at home?

Reminds me of a story, possibly just urban myth, of two Aussies at Los Angeles airport discussing the footy. One asked the other who he supported and he said' "I'm a mad Bomber" which was overheard and promptly got the aforesaid Essendon supporter arrested.

(If anyone can confirm the above, or not, please feel free to do so.)

Urban Myth

If it was true the media would have been all over it.

23650, i wonder how that compares to previous years.

Closest I can find is 21/02/2012 - 24,475.

We're behind a bit, in 3 days time it should be around ~500 give or take, and it's to be expected given the circumstances and performances.

This time last year we were about 500 behind the previous years (2011) tally and our target was 40,000 then. We finished with less members last year than the 2011 tally (record year).

The target remains 40,000. I'm making the call now that unless there is a dramatic increase in membership (ie. marketing push or onfield performances on the up) soon, we'll be falling short of the target again and I dare say we will not get a record membership again for the second successive year. Current Membership record = 2011's tally of 36,937.

We would do well from here to surpass last years tally.

Whilst it's over a month away there is a great comparison of previous years. The 31st of March is a good date for comparisons (from previous Tally threads) : -

31st March, 2012 - 31,077 (Final - 35,428)

31st March, 2011 - 32,386 (Final - 36,937)

31st March, 2010 - 27,595 (Final - 33,358)

31st March, 2009 - 27,128 (Final - 31,506)

Other previous years - Final Membership Tally:

2008 - (Final Tally - 29,619)

2007 - (Fianl Tally - 28,077)

2006 - (Final Tally - 24,698)

I don't know what the club have budgeted for in terms of membership as McLardy has stated in his communications that it's hard to measure the fallout and damage from the current investigation; but it is significant.

I guess it's times like these that the club needs as much support from it's members and fans in such trying circumstances. But it is two-fold, onfield performances matter just as much to the fans. You get improvement = you get more support.