Question Marks surrounding our boy Mitch?

chipa

That's debatable hardtack. A hyphen can be used legitimately for the purpose of emphasis.

A good example, especially on Demonland, is it's use in the term 're-sign'

Yes... but that is to distinguish two completely different words/meanings... the only reason you might need to hyphenate misspelling is if you are making a reference to Tori Spelling (and even then, the spelling would be wrong) ;-)

The negativity is purely all yours (and that was the point); I agree the sarcasm was mine. We can both debate about the rudeness. And 'insite' is no more incorrect that your use of the the word 'ya'.

I was not trying to be negative, nor positing myself as an expert because i'm able to use Google. Nor, it should be said was i being critical or negative towards another poster in my original post on the subject.

I was simply pointing out there is evidence that suggest this a very serious injury and that in another football code there is evidence that players struggle to get back to previous abilities. As i said he's got a good doctor i am hopeful all will be well (though as you point out i wouldn't know one way or 'tother).

By the by to add to what i was saying about the seriousness of the injury apparently the prognosis is significantly worse for people who require a surgical response (as opposed to rest etc) and unfortunately Clark had surgery.

For what it's worth i tried to find the one of the articles but couldn't, but came across this one that details a sudden upsurge of the injury in NFL:

ttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/neal-m-blitz/nfls-lisfrancs-foot-fract_b_1961141.html

Season 2013 cant come quick enough huh folks !!! lol

People are going either stir crazy or linguistically around the grammar bend !!

• Like 1

I woke up this morning with a crazy thought that perhaps the club is a bit concerned about the way Mitch Clark may recover from his foot injury.

Don't get me wrong, I pray this is not the case as Mitch is out most important and favourite player, but the fact that the club is targeting Dawes, Pederson and secured Hogan - maybe they are just stocking up incase Mitch can't play a full season next year?

Thoughts?

P.s I love Mitch and this probably isn't the case whatsoever! :)

maybe you're right Chipa!

It's called insurance

Yes... but that is to distinguish two completely different words/meanings... the only reason you might need to hyphenate misspelling is if you are making a reference to Tori Spelling (and even then, the spelling would be wrong) ;-)

Isn't the Spelling in that situation always a little wrong?

Goggle "is full recovery possible from a lisfranc fracture". Steadyhealth website. There are accounts from suffers of this injury. Quite sobering. Cant link the page. Fortunately Mitch has the courage to overcome this injury.

Just thought I'd also check on your spelling Hardtack. The OED doesn't recognise misspelling, so we're not even talking alternatives here. Maybe you can find an American dictionary that does, but that's not really English is it?

I actually got mine from the Australian Concise Oxford... is that not English either? You may also like to try this link, where funnily enough, if you enter mis-spell in the search word or phrase field, it takes you to "misspell": http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/misspell

I'm shocked - none of you (other) pendants has spotted the misuse of the apostrophe in "it's" in post 45.

Hey! I like children, but NOT in that way! ;-)

Grammar German you're terrible ist.

Edit: Grammar

Edited by Biffen

I woke up this morning with a crazy thought that perhaps the club is a bit concerned about the way Mitch Clark may recover from his foot injury.

Don't get me wrong, I pray this is not the case as Mitch is out most important and favourite player, but the fact that the club is targeting Dawes, Pederson and secured Hogan - maybe they are just stocking up incase Mitch can't play a full season next year?

Thoughts?

P.s I love Mitch and this probably isn't the case whatsoever! :)

Guy i know who is physio at Hawthorn has said Mitch Clark will be doing very well to recover without any hiccups and get back to playing good footy. He said they are 50/50 as to whether the player can get over it once they have finished rehab completely.

Whenever I Google a minor complaint, I always find I'm really terminally ill.

yeah you have heart burn and you self diagnose as heart attack, or a flu or rash and you end up with HIV!

I actually got mine from the Australian Concise Oxford... is that not English either? You may also like to try this link, where funnily enough, if you enter mis-spell in the search word or phrase field, it takes you to "misspell": http://oxforddiction...nglish/misspell

Still hasn't occurred to you that your 'gotcha' moment wasn't one, has it? But as others have pointed out, this is a thread about Mitch so I think I'll just get on with what others have to say.

• Like 1