Latest murmurings of a crazy time

Tolstoys Nudge

Just heard a very hot rumour from someone who can't be named. It appears that very few of us on DL have the slightest clue what's going on.

Go Dees. Trust the FD.

Why not relay the rumor and keep the source to your self? Otherwise what was the purpose of the post?

The purpose of the post was to tell us we don't have a clue whats going on.

As if we didn't know that already.

Stupidly I'm excited Crawf...

• Like 2

Rumor (from facebook I know) that I'm hearing is a 4 way deal.

Melbourne trade Stef Martin to Brisbane

Brisbane trade Pick 33 to Port Adelaide

North Melbourne also trade Matt Campbell to Port Adelaide

Port Adelaide trade Ben Jacobs and a later pick to North Melbourne

North Melbourne trade Cam Pedersen to Melbourne

Looks reasonably good, question I guess is what late Pick would Port send to North Melbourne, pretty late I would have thought?

This would also leave us Pick 49 to use in the Ray deal, not sure what it would take to get that one over the line?

One club losses shockingly in that trade. and its us

Giving up Steff Martin for Pederson, who cant get in his sides best 22 by a mile??

One club losses shockingly in that trade. and its us

Giving up Steff Martin for Pederson, who cant get in his sides best 22 by a mile??

Stef Martin couldnt get into our best 22 and look where we finished !

• Like 3

Stef Martin couldnt get into our best 22 and look where we finished !

alas Yorrick..lol

The plain reality of that summation Nut will be lost on some. So many live in that ethereal land called "POTENTIAL " that they cane see the forrest for the trees.

Many forget that in the conversion of Potential to Kinetic many factors are at play and may devalue the end result dramatically...i.e K=LFx P where LF = life factors. ow LF in some dramatically increase the nett result..ending with a very competent player. In others you end up with an NQR. Sometimes you get exactly what you see..

I rather like that description : Very athletic Gumby..lol

• Like 1

alas Yorrick..lol

The plain reality of that summation Nut will be lost on some. So many live in that ethereal land called "POTENTIAL " that they cane see the forrest for the trees.

Many forget that in the conversion of Potential to Kinetic many factors are at play and may devalue the end result dramatically...i.e K=LFx P where LF = life factors. ow LF in some dramatically increase the nett result..ending with a very competent player. In others you end up with an NQR. Sometimes you get exactly what you see..

I rather like that description : Very athletic Gumby..lol

I have been living in the country of Potentialville for almost 20 years I have been granted permanent citizenship - I used to live in the little township of Newtonfield but recently moved to South Petterdton - Whilst I have lived in Potentialville for many years I must say that the actuality hasnt lived up to all the hype and I am considering a move to Realitytown where they greet you with a slap in the face with a large trout and the national anthem is "get busy or get stuffed".

• Like 9

I have been living in the country of Potentialville for almost 20 years I have been granted permanent citizenship - I used to live in the little township of Newtonfield but recently moved to South Petterdton - Whilst I have lived in Potentialville for many years I must say that the actuality hasnt lived up to all the hype and I am considering a move to Realitytown where they greet you with a slap in the face with a large trout and the national anthem is "get busy or get stuffed".

they've got a good bus service i understand. but....you've gotta buy-in B)

• Like 2

The purpose of the post was to tell us we don't have a clue whats going on.

As if we didn't know that already.

Stupidly I'm excited Crawf...

Cheers my friend. I'm excited for the very reason that whilst I don't understand a lot of what's been happening and some of the choices of our FD seem to be a little odd it gives me cause to think that perhaps they might know better than I do and that they deserve our trust. It's been a while since I trusted the club to get things right.

Go Dees!

• Like 3

they've got a good bus service i understand. but....you've gotta buy-in B)

I cant commit to a time to take the bus as I am still waiting for Jack Watts to arrive on the scene.

If you jump on the reality bus, it will take you through Central Jurrahtown, a ferry ride across to Wonna island, back to the coast and through Bate swamp and the small town of Dunn. To your right you might see the gleaming cities of Jollyville, Thompsontown and NextYearopolous. Finally you turn left at Crushedhopes and eventually you are in Realitytown.

It's a bit drab at the moment, but we're hoping the town will thrive in years to come.

Edited by PaulRB
  • Like 6

If you jump on the reality bus, it will take you through Central Jurrahtown, a ferry ride across to Wonna island, back to the coast and through Bate swamp and the small town of Dunn. To you right you might see the gleaming cities of Jollyville, Thompsontown and NextYearopolous. Finally you then turn left at Crushedhopes and eventually you are in Realitytown.

It's a bit drab at the moment, but we're hoping the town will thrive in years to come.

Gold!

i tried reality once.

Never saw what all the fuss was about.

Maybe it'll grow on me.

• Like 1

If you jump on the reality bus, it will take you through Central Jurrahtown, a ferry ride across to Wonna island, back to the coast and through Bate swamp and the small town of Dunn. To your right you might see the gleaming cities of Jollyville, Thompsontown and NextYearopolous. Finally you turn left at Crushedhopes and eventually you are in Realitytown.

POTY

• Like 1

On AFL trade radio just now (in the 2 mins i grabbed before it dropped out again!) Mooney was very critical of our approach to trading this year, basically saying we had got spooked and gave way too much away. Said we should not have traded away number 3, 13 and 20 (though did acknowledge Viney going thru to second round was part of the deal so i'm not quite sure how he comes to his conclusion) and instead should have used those picks to build for the future rather than a short term fix. Wallace didn't disagree.

Its funny the different perspectives you get. I'm rapt with how things have gone so far. Hogan is certainly a punt, but contradicting Mooney's view is a punt for the future. Dawes is still young so he is both helping us now but also perhaps for the next 6-7 years or so. He didn't mention Barry - if he becomes a regular best 22 player people will reassess this trade quite significantly.

I also think he underestimates the importance of having some more wins next year. Bottoming out and going thorough seasons of losing is a huge risk and really damage a club IMO. I reckon GWS and GC will struggle to overcome this.

We have been down way too long and for the club to to move forward needs wins next year to allow the fans and players to see teh light at the end of the tunnel

• Like 3

You can't win with some blokes in the media. The same people who give it to us for getting rid of Bruce and junior then give it to us for getting some senior bodies in.

• Like 1

yeah people from outside the club are welcome to take potshots, but we all know we've tried and failed going down the 'put your faith in the draft' route.

Time for a different approach

• Like 3

We shall draft 3 top 10 kids (Viney, Hogan and Pick 4) and one estimated pick 30-50 kid in Barry. That equals a good haul of QUALITY kids in the draft.

Plus we have tried to cover the loss of experience and position of recent years (Green, Maloney, Jurrah, Jnr, Rivers, Bruce etc) with the addition of Dawes (24) Bynes (28), Pedersen and Ray (assuming we get them).

Too much media, not enough neurones.

• Like 2

On AFL trade radio just now (in the 2 mins i grabbed before it dropped out again!) Mooney was very critical of our approach to trading this year, basically saying we had got spooked and gave way too much away. Said we should not have traded away number 3, 13 and 20 (though did acknowledge Viney going thru to second round was part of the deal so i'm not quite sure how he comes to his conclusion) and instead should have used those picks to build for the future rather than a short term fix. Wallace didn't disagree.

Its funny the different perspectives you get. I'm rapt with how things have gone so far. Hogan is certainly a punt, but contradicting Mooney's view is a punt for the future. Dawes is still young so he is both helping us now but also perhaps for the next 6-7 years or so. He didn't mention Barry - if he becomes a regular best 22 player people will reassess this trade quite significantly.

3, 14, 27 and 48 for Viney, Hogan, Dawes, Barry and 63 is good work IMO - I wouldn't change a thing.

• Like 1