Latest murmurings of a crazy time

Tolstoys Nudge

Dawes or Pederson in my opinion would be a good pick up considering Mitch Clark is recovering from a foot injury that not many players have had and realistically could side line him for much longer than expected. If Mitch plays a few games and his foot starts playing up again then we would need a backup strong forward to fill the void. We need a backup strong forward LA (Dawes and Pederson). If Mitch is firing then even having these two boys would be fantastic. GO DEES!!!

• Like 4

I see your point Rolly, but that fwd line you suggest is not much better, if at all, than what we started with this season.

Try:

Byrnes, Dawes/Ped/Gumby, Silvia

Fitzy, Clark, Davey

With Jamar or Gawn drifting in as 3rd or 4th big.

Watts will stay in back line for time being, as will Sellar, Garland and Rivers (if they stay)

Howe will play more in midfield perhaps drifting fwd, swapping with Sylvia.

Out: Martin (trade), Green (ret), Jurrah (delist), Cook (delist).

i agree whole-heartedly that it isn't much better, but it wont be the 10year forward line we'll be making a flag tilt with until 2014 and the introduction of hogan.

pederson or gumby for a 3rd rnd pick i could understand but from 2014 onwards whoever we pick up becomes a depth player imo behind clark and hogan...a first rnd pick seems wasteful if traded for mediocre kpf.

i agree whole-heartedly that it isn't much better, but it wont be the 10year forward line we'll be making a flag tilt with until 2014 and the introduction of hogan.

pederson or gumby for a 3rd rnd pick i could understand but from 2014 onwards whoever we pick up becomes a depth player imo behind clark and hogan...a first rnd pick seems wasteful if traded for mediocre kpf.

Absolutely agree that we want to keep pick 4 and 20. We need quality mids.

I don't think Hogan will have a big impact till 2015/16. He can't play till the start of 2014. I'd love him to kick 50 goals in his first year, but realistically, he'll prob only play 8-12 games. That's over 3 years away (2016), and also when Clark comes up for a new contract. We need another KPF in the mean time, and the three Neeld, et al are talking to are very worthy of having a crack at.

Martin for Dawes?

You're joking, right?

Jay Schultz is just about Port Adelaide's most damaging player. He might even be their captain in 2013.

No way they're letting him go.

And they're not going to trade John 'the future' Butcher for Morton either

Wats happened to the talk of John Butcher? 21 Yrs, 197cms - 90Kgs?

Swap Morton with Butcher.

Would RIV like to finish his career at home?

Could we find a swap for Jay Schultz? Martin? Or, Russian for Schultz & Butcher?

Butcher is contracted why would they give him away? Schulz is one of their most important players.

Butcher is contracted why would they give him away? Schulz is one of their most important players.

Well, I thought I heard a week or 2 back, that he wanted out of Port. I'm sure I wasn't dreaming. I read it somewhere.

So we are looking for a deep forward, initially were looking for a mature one, but Butcher would be worth developing for the future.

Were talking to Gumbleton, so that would only be a 2 - 3 yr part time option.

Wats happened to the talk of John Butcher? 21 Yrs, 197cms - 90Kgs?

Swap Morton with Butcher.

Would RIV like to finish his career at home?

Could we find a swap for Jay Schultz? Martin? Or, Russian for Schultz & Butcher?

Are you serious? How dumb do you think Port are? Just cause they have a new rookie coach doesn't mean they're going to give us their best prospects for a can of coke and a half eaten pie. We'd have to give them TMac for Butcher and Howe for Schultz or similar. Honestly, be serious or just read rather than post.

Are you serious? How dumb do you think Port are? Just cause they have a new rookie coach doesn't mean they're going to give us their best prospects for a can of coke and a half eaten pie. We'd have to give them TMac for Butcher and Howe for Schultz or similar. Honestly, be serious or just read rather than post.

I haven't been watching port play, & I heard Schultz was going alright over there. I new he would be getting on, & may not fit in with they're rebuild.

I had no Idea he was virtually their best player.

We're talking about the likes of Gumby, so it seemed to make sense. But as I said, I don't watch opposition teams anymore as I find the game to boring in it's latest incarnate.

And i haven't bought the papers for 15 Years, And only read articles of interest in the cafe's. I've stopped reading about other clubs. So am in the dark a bit, re Ports goings ons.

Schultz was a bit of a battler as I understood it at Richmond.

Oh, and by the way, I'm not in the habit of thinking of people or things in that way, of being dumb.

Its a bit too disrespectful for me, to think of another life in that way.

Hawthorn made early judgment calls on top 10 picks Beau Dowler and Mitch Thorpe. West Coast did with Tony Notte. Adelaide did with Fergus Watts. Skilled football watchers make calls on young talls because they don't envisage enough upside. They don't always get it right, but they invariably do. Essendon made the call on Jenkins, but it looks like they got that one wrong.

Essendon also made the call on Austin Lucy and he was cut after just one year. Ruthless.

Ok, I take the 'dumb' bit back. Replace with 'gullible', then.

So you don't know anything about Port but you want to trade for their players?

Hmmmmmm...........

I'm guessing with a new rookie coach, Port will keep what they have (except Pearce and Chaplin, FAs) - unless its an offer too good to refuse. Will build in the draft.

Edited by Moonshadow

Ok, I take the 'dumb' bit back. Replace with 'gullible', then.

So you don't know anything about Port but you want to trade for their players?

Hmmmmmm...........

I'm guessing with a new rookie coach, Port will keep what they have (except Pearce and Chaplin, FAs) - unless its an offer too good to refuse. Will build in the draft.

A few years ago when Schultz was at the Tiges, I obviously saw him play a bit but he was just going. Since that time, with the congested footy coming in, I've vitrtually stopped watching footy on TV. Say over the last 2 Years, I've started to watch less & less.

So I new a bit about him back then. OK.

Now, the papers, I stopped buying papers around 15 Yrs ago, except for train trips a long waiting room reads. I've only read the papers when in cafe's having lunch.

So, I've reduced my interest in footy down to Melbournes rebuild, and our own games, but that to, is dwindling, as I don't like the game at all, in its current form.

So obviously I'm losing contact with the game, bit by bit, as I don't enjoy the way its played.

I've just been watching the state of Origin game over the last couple of days, & its really different, & very refreshing. Its a bit raw, compared to todays game but that simple raw power footy, is easy to get into & just have FUN.

Thats the simple pleasure thats lost for me. The game has lost its FUN.

dee-luded, you'll start having more fun when we start winning again.

Dr, I enjoy watching footy... the Hawks are one of my favs to watch, & the cats. Both of who'm play a fairly close to trad game. Both attack & don't really flood.

I don't enjoy them as much either.

I just don't like the way the game has gone.

I miss more than anything the one on one matchups all game, & the dashing baulking runs around the wing, & REALLY the Spontaneity of the game.

Now its so prescribed & planned, its falsetto. A claytons Aussie rules.

Its so close to soccer & basketball back & forward, its become to me, superficial. It's been preened to a "mm perfect", of its life.

I must be getting old.

I cant remember seeing any apologies coming when good old Hugh said we were a bunch of give ups, and he would be clearing his locker if we didnt pick Jack Watts as Number one.

Dr, I enjoy watching footy... the Hawks are one of my favs to watch, & the cats. Both of who'm play a fairly close to trad game. Both attack & don't really flood.

I miss more than anything the one on one matchups all game, & the dashing baulking runs around the wing, & REALLY the Spontaneity of the game.

Its so close to soccer & basketball back & forward, its become to me, superficial. It's been preened to a "mm perfect", of its life.

Dee-luded, i feel exactly the same. i miss the one on one contests as well. the congestion is killing it. I fear some people are mistaking desperate contested congested footy with good football. Desperation is great but those runs up the wing kicking to a one on one at CHF with a crumbing forward front and centre is what i miss. Or those classy chains of handballs out of defense and raking pass to a wingman running to space.
  • Like 1

Essendon also made the call on Austin Lucy and he was cut after just one year. Ruthless.

No wonder with a name like that.

Poor bugger.

Dee-luded, i feel exactly the same. i miss the one on one contests as well. the congestion is killing it. I fear some people are mistaking desperate contested congested footy with good football. Desperation is great but those runs up the wing kicking to a one on one at CHF with a crumbing forward front and centre is what i miss. Or those classy chains of handballs out of defense and raking pass to a wingman running to space.

Did you guys watch the GF. Footy at it's best.