How bad are BT and Channel 7?

rjay

there are not suffuficient adjectives in the English language to adequately describe how bad is Taylors commentary.

It suffices to say that when I have to listen to him I find myself missing Kelli Underwood

• Like 1

This is the reality of the $1.25 bill deal. Ch7 have to cut corners to pay for it.

A sad reality of Vlad being so greedy.

Clubs like Melbourne benefit from strong broadcasting deals. Don't be so ignorant.

Saturday nights have been so painful this year, first of all The Scum played most Saturday nights, on top of that we had to hear the shizen spouted by the worst commentators ever assembled. For 3/4 of the scum games we had to listen about all the shizen about 'the weapon'. Then we have to hear how Ahmed Saad lives in a garage above grant thomas' house, They pick up the most ridiculous fact about a player and then run with it for 4 quarters. FOR F$%K's sake it wasn't funny the first time.

Then there is Darcy, More sense has come from Homer Simpsons mouth when he is drunk then comes out of this guys mouth.

• Like 4

The Willamstown Port Melbourne game yesterday I enjoyed more than watching half a season of AFL

Good hard close battle on a nice day with got commentators. Wished it never ended

I watched a bit of that too. I really like, and correct me of I have the wrong bloke, Peter donegan. He should be doing much more

He would have to usurp the position of Captain of the Commentary Team off Bruce first.

Unfortunately Bwuce has picked up another fad saying of his. Wish I had a buck for every time a player kicks the ball "off a step". Seems every player does it now ( which they have always done anyway). Makes you wonder how we ever got by in the past.

Actually Taylor quite entertains me. In much the same way as all those You Tube clips depicting morons doing moronic things and then coming unstuck when the skateboard becomes accidentally inserted into their anal canal is entertaining. I believe the Germans have a word for it,( i think it's called Fruedencrap, translating as 'taking delight in the crappyness of others"). I like my German brothers love a good train wreck and channel 7's coverage is spectacular in it's awesome crappyness, which ipso facto makes it entertaining. For my money BT is the perfect ringmaster for such fare. Any day now I expect his talents will be recognised by those true aficionados of CRAP, the Eurovision. Pretty soon we will be able to watch BT broadcasting the votes from that Eurovision power house Moldavia with equal gusto.

• Like 1

I don't mind BT's commentating. It's better than some of the other options. It's all the b.s that he and Richo go on with during the pregame and half time coverage that make him annoying.

I have noticed that he has been ramping up his call's during the finals. He made out like Geelong were still in it with 3 mins to go against Fremantle for example.

Luke Darcy. Now there is a F*** H***.

• Like 1

I liked Brett Kirk as a player but [censored] me, he talks some garbage at times. He always looks extremely awkward and nervous.

C7's commentary team as a whole are just embarrassing. Still like Bruce and Denn on Sundays though.

Have a look at the natural doing his thing

Edited by New Age Hipster
  • Like 1

Then we have to hear how Ahmed Saad lives in a garage above grant thomas' house, They pick up the most ridiculous fact about a player and then run with it for 4 quarters. FOR F$%K's sake it wasn't funny the first time.

Did you know Jimmy Magner built the Eastlink Freeway all on his own?

• Like 3

I'm pretty relieved that my opinion of Luke Darcy seems to be shared by a few people here.

A few of my mates were thinking I had a vendetta against him.

I swear his opinions don't even fall into the "half-baked" category.

He's on the rules committee. That should tell you something.

Going by wikipedia other members include;

Leigh Matthews, Rowan Sawers, Brendon Gale, Matthew Pavlich, Michael Sexton & Andrew McKay. And they are headed by that goof Adrian Anderson. This group of individuals, along with Gieschen, the poor showings of MFC over recent years & Channel 7's crap broadcasts are disenfranchising me from the game. I aqm genuinely more interested in the NFL these days instead of the game I've grown up with and loved. Aussie rules will always be number 1 but geez they're making it hard for me.

Luke Darcy - pfft. This is the reason you may very well see 9-point goals introduced in future seasons and if that day ever occurs I will be lost to the game forever.

• Like 1

Thank god it's live, I hit mute and turn on the radio.

Yeah but you still have to watch the garbage pix.

Didn't put Darcy in the thread title but I agree with all the comments. The thing is they have someone like Ling doing the odd boundary comment, Ling a premiership player and premiership captain, universally respected in the game yet Darcy trumps him in the box as one of the major special comments guys.

The good looking moron v Ling, the one with something to say. I know who I would rather hear talking about the game, but hey again, maybe I'm in the minority.

It;s just not BT and Channel 7. The whole AFL media are horrible and there's no accountability for any of it.

One thing that really grinded my gears this weekend was Brian Taylor on Saturday Night making the comment that Collingwood are now through to their 7th Prelim Final in 9 years. I also heard Channel 10 run with the same stat and at least one other media organisation do the same yet i can't remember who.

Funny thing is these are Collinwood's results over the last 9 years.

2012: Prelim Final*

2011: Runners Up

2010: Premiers

2009: Prelim Final

2008: Semi Final

2007: Prelim Final

2006: Elimination Final

2005: Did Not Play Finals

2004: Did Not Play Finals

If you were to go back to 2003 & 2002 they were runners up both those years, but otherwise I count 5 Prelims in 9 years, not the 7 the whole AFL media seem to be running with!

The standard is at an all time low. How I wish the only AFL media I could read was written by Martin Flannagan and every game I watched was called by Clinton Grybas (rest in peace), Gerard Whateley, Matthew Lloyd (special comments) and Tiffany Cherry (boundary rider).

• Like 2